It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 missing (Part 2)

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Malaysia Airlines was struggling with growing losses, debt and a troubled business model well before the loss of two of its airplanes this year.

www.nytimes.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">http...://www.nyti mes.com/2014/08/09/business/international/malaysia-airlines-to-be-taken-over-by-government.html?_r=0

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Mystery withdrawals from bank accounts of MH370 passengers

A 32 year old Malaysian bank employee has been arrested.
He transferred money from three bank accounts to another bank account of which he had a new card.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18290055]earthling42[/post

www.nydailynews.com...

todays article quote "But new data could shift the search area. Airline officials on the ground attempted to call the plane just after Flight 370 disappeared from radar. Another look into that failed call "suggests to us that the aircraft might have turned south a little earlier than we had previously expected," Australian Deputy Prime Minister Warren Truss said."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Looks like a new search is about to start on the missing plane MH370

The operation, which is expected to begin in September and last as long as a year, will slowly scan some 60,000 square kilometers (23,000 square miles) of the ocean floor, looking for any sign of aircraft debris.

We are still ... working out the details of the techniques to be used, which will vary depending on the topography of the ocean floor," ATSB Chief Commissioner Martin Dolan said Wednesday. "So there's a range of possibilities. We haven't gotten the full detail of our search plan because we have to do that on a collaborative basis with Fugro. So there's no simple answer."

Australia now estimates a yearlong underwater search will cost $48 million.

MH370 - Next Phase of Search

leolady

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Search for MH 370 could be over in a few days.

Reports of likely looking debris on the ocean floor have been released this week.

PM Abbott has taken to calling the search area the "Crash Site" indicating his knowledge of what the searchers are going to be announcing in the immediate future.

Abbott still wearing egg on his face for twice previously announcing "substantive proof' had been found, is speaking with the surety of someone with an ace up their sleeve.

In the many months since MH370 was shot down there has been ample opportunity to collect the pieces and ship them anywhere in the world, the southern Indian Ocean for instance.

Of course that would mean the plane will not be found intact which will raise the obvious question of why no floating debris was ever recovered.

I predict we'll be hearing of the 'Discovery' of MH370 before All Hallows' Eve.

There will be 'complications' recovering the pieces from great depths which will result in the convenient destruction of evidence of bullet holes.

Trick or Treat everybody!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Abbott still wearing egg on his face for twice previously announcing "substantive proof' had been found, is speaking with the surety of someone with an ace up their sleeve.
You'd think he would learn to keep his mouth shut until the official announcement, or at least pose any statements with far less certainty than he has in the past "egg-on-face" statements.

Of course that would mean the plane will not be found intact which will raise the obvious question of why no floating debris was ever recovered.
Why should floating debris have been recovered? They were looking in the wrong place while it was still floating. By the time they started looking in the right place, most had probably already sunk and with so many whitecaps in the rough seas of that area it's easier for any remaining floating debris to hide amongst the whitecaps.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
reply to post by Golantrevize

Both recorders are located in the aft fuselage near the tail.

The Bluefin 21 is only a sidescan search ROV. There is one in Japan that is capable of diving down deeper than this location that can recover any debris or the recorders, as well as several others that can be flown in.

Remains are usually brought back to the surface, and returned to the families if they're recoverable. Sometimes they'll leave them with the wreckage as a mass grave, but they'll let the families decide in many cases.

I didn't read all the replies in this thread and not sure anyone mentioned this before but.... would it not be possible for the US navy to sent a few submarines. I am sure they can scan the sea floor very quickly and able to find any plane if there is one.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara
would it not be possible for the US navy to sent a few submarines. I am sure they can scan the sea floor very quickly and able to find any plane if there is one.
See this article:

www.nbcnews.com...

For months now, ships have been mapping out tens of thousands of square miles at the bottom of the Southern Indian Ocean, an area more unknown to man than the surface of the moon. This has been the preparatory work to a search using submarines that will begin in earnest in October. It will be focused on a 40,000 square mile “priority area” and will last up to a year.
They may have found it, but we'll have to wait and see if it's another false report.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm wondering if I'll be correct with my thoughts of its location. Its a personal bet I have going against myself.
Then again, its disappearance was a recurring nightmare I had for weeks prior to it really happening.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: judydawg

Hi Judy,

I feel my claim that MH370 went down in a spiral has now been vindicated by the ATSB. You heard here from me first before the authorities came to the same conclusion.

Naturally I don't even accept for one moment that MH370 was seen on radar in the Straits of Malacca, however let me play ball. MH370 left the gate at Kuala Lumpur with 108,150lb fuel.

At 17:07 MH370's ACARS reported 43,800kg fuel on board (96,475lb). By IGARI it would have had 96,363lb fuel left. Assume it turned west and dived to 10,000ft or less for 40 minutes at top speed before popping up at Pelau Perak at 23,000ft, then the fuel expected to remain by 18:02 UTC would be 43,550lb.

The climb to 29,500ft at MEKAR would further reduce remaining fuel to around 31,550lb, less than 3 hours worth at 35,000ft.

The predicted locations at 18:28 UTC and 19:41 UTC are 168 nm apart. For a plane flying at 480 knots, this would take 21 min. Therefore, there are 52 min of missing time.

The missing time implies that there were changes in speed and direction that occurred between 18:28 UTC and 19:41 UTC that were not explained in the ATSB report.

Trying to dream up theories without evidence to explain away inconsistencies has about as much credibility as the alleged Butterworth radar image from the Lido Hotel.

If you undermine the Lido Hotel image by confabulating an explanation then you destroy the underpinning for MH370 even being in Aceh. If the intention was to land in Aceh then why would you waste all that fuel climbing from Pelau Perak to MEKAR?

It fails the KISS principle at so many levels.

The fact is the claim MH370 flew through the Straits is not only unsupported, but the fuel consumed making such a detour would prevent MH370 reaching the Southern Arc.

A flight south from Vietnam does conform to the BTO ping rings and to the BFO track.

Magnetic variation would explain why the autopilot curved the track eastwards.

edit on 21-10-2014 by sy.gunson because: rebuttal of Aceh landing v KISS principle

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Maximum operating depth of US nuclear submarine is about 1800m.

Average seabed depths along the Southern Arc are >4,500m

Also the ULB battery life expired in April

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just going to stick this one here.

Alert to Indonesians to look out for MH370 wreckage

I'm no tidal expert - but the debris headed back in the direction the plane came from? *shrugs*

Either/or - I find it strange how they haven't said look out for wreckage since the plane went missing - and only now they are saying it due to the resumed search.

I would like to know if there are amateur/retired groups combing the beaches/flying the western coast of a australia to have a looksee. I know it's a vast stretch of space, but you never know and would be interesting to see if aussies are having a look out too.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus
I'm no tidal expert - but the debris headed back in the direction the plane came from? *shrugs*
Thanks for the link. It says they made a "drift model", but who knows how accurate it is or what it's based on? Probably more currents than tides but I don't know how well the currents are understood in that remote area.

It would have been more accurate to drop some buoys equipped with radio transmitter tracking devices in the highest probability search area, to see where they actually end up, instead of relying on a drift model.

Maybe you can suggest that to your head honcho who got a little too excited and said the search would be over in a few days, right? (He said that many months ago).

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sy.gunson

Hi Sy, I do believe you are on the right flight path. I don't understand all the flying around, maybe they had problems.

Do we know for sure how much fuel they stated with, FOR sure? Also with trouble they may have done a fuel dump. Fuel should have been seen on ocean, but everyone was looking in the others direction

The above I don't think we know for sure.

One thing I am sure of you are right on the location, Indian Ocean and a spiral crash, the reason we have no floating pieces. Good to hear from you!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
News Update:

Malaysian Airlines have requested DNA samples from family members of the missing. Some 9 months after the plane vanished. They say that it is so they have samples at the ready for if or when the plane is found, handing over the samples to investigators for " safe keeping"... which leads me to ask, why on Earth didn't they do that many months ago???

Malaysian Airlines and the investigating authorities say that there's still no sign of the plane.

MAS request DNA samples from family

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

thanks for the update, was a bit disappointing...when I saw the thread I thought maybe there was some kind of definite info...will this ever be solved??

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: research100

I wish indeed there was something definite in solving this mystery.

I get the feeling there is something vital we all might have missed/dismissed in the hours and days after the plane went missing. Perhaps something we, investigators, MSM ruled out as too fantastical or "improbable"?

To put the idea of improbability forward - how improbable would it be that in 2014, a passenger jet can be shot out of the sky, the same carrier as a recently missing passenger jet? - If this was December 2013 - the majority us would just say that's crazy talk.

I think we need to look back at the beginning. And in the past year before MH370 vanished.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: auroraaus

thanks for the update, was a bit disappointing...when I saw the thread I thought maybe there was some kind of definite info...will this ever be solved??

It might *really* be as simple as that the plane simply crashed (crash 'landed' on water) and is now sunk and hidden in the incredible depths somewhere in the pacific. A short look at a globe makes it clear WHY it would be almost impossible to find a plane that sunk somewhere in that area. (Of course there are all the other old questions still open...like where is any debris...oil slicks etc.....but I can't discount the "theory" that it simply sank, because it's the most logical, "simple" theory).

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

You clearly haven't been paying too much attention, have you?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

That might be clear cut to you - fair enough!

Whether that is the case - there's still the mystery as to why it did in the first place (all sorts of possibilities there)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join