It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Glyphs found in Australia could rewrite history

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The above is the ancient trade net work as it stand by Greek time,off course this network predates the Greeks,I mentioned in a post that one of the 12th dynasty kings Amenemhat II got his silver from as far away as Afghanistan (Tod treasure)
I am not sure of the glyph thing though but I will stop short of calling it a fake until I have more information however international trade was not new why would they want to visit Australia,ancient trade?? well while there was a wide network of trade routes (they did business in silk from China 3kyrs ago) but they usually farmed out much of the overseas stuff to folks like the Phoenicians ,religious reasons well that could account for professionals that could etch the glyphs a bunch of regular sailors doing that unlikely,military adventurism??. naaw what would be the point , a trip meant for somewhere else that got blown off-coarse ??..could be,but that's if the glyph is not some modern fake.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Spider879 because: correction.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

1) that's the trade network, not shipping lanes. The Suez canal didn't link the red sea to the Mediterranean until the late 1800's. Before that all ships from the Mediterranean had to go around Africa to get to India etc.

2) These carvings are modern. Again they didn't appear until the mid 70's and the very rocks they are on were void of glyphs as late as 1968 per prospectors. An old man was actually CAUGHT red handed chiseling them by a park ranger.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: Spider879

1) that's the trade network, not shipping lanes. The Suez canal didn't link the red sea to the Mediterranean until the late 1800's. Before that all ships from the Mediterranean had to go around Africa to get to India etc.

2) These carvings are modern. Again they didn't appear until the mid 70's and the very rocks they are on were void of glyph as late as 1968 per prospectors. An old man was actually CAUGHT red handed chiseling them by a park ranger.

Well you are kinda right in a sense about the canal, however Pharaoh Necho II and Persian ruler Darius of Kmt did construct a Canal but they did not sustain it,the dots going down the coast were shipping they would dismantle their ships and walked overland to the beach reassembled them for the trip down the East African coast to Punt and beyond. the thing with the glyph like I said I am not going to champion that as the real thing, any link on the park ranger who busted the old man chiseling the glyph?? would like to know why he would go through the trouble to do such a thing.
edit on 22-4-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
would like to know why he would go through the trouble to do such a thing.

Why do people fake "UFO" video's?
Why do people fake "ghost" video's?
Why do "psychics" make fake claims?
Why do birthers make so many false claims?
Why do truthers make so many false claims?etc.
Why do "channelers" make stuff up?
Why do people make nonsense about the moon landings up, claiming they never/could not have happened?
etc. etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Spider879
would like to know why he would go through the trouble to do such a thing.

Why do people fake "UFO" video's?
Why do people fake "ghost" video's?
Why do "psychics" make fake claims?
Why do birthers make so many false claims?
Why do truthers make so many false claims?etc.
Why do "channelers" make stuff up?
Why do people make nonsense about the moon landings up, claiming they never/could not have happened?
etc. etc.

Understood..

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
There is an aboriginal elder named auntie Beve.
She will tell you that the Egyptians were here in Australia way before the British.

She says that the glyphs were always maintained by the females using their urine.

She also tells that the Egyptians showed respect and followed the wishes of the aboriginals.

I don't know if it's true, but I do know she is a very respected elder in Australia, and if she did say it, I would believe her.

I have also read some where many years ago that the early Chinese name for Australia was translated to "land of gold" or very similar.

I have also studied a lot of the early newspaper clippings, and there were many many reports of mystery ships.
So I think that either the Chinese and/or Egyptians were coming here before and after the Brits first arrived.

There's no way the Brits would ever admit to it.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The aborigonals of Australia are the remnants of the first peoples of earth.....

Every last one of us is a remnant of the first peoples of Earth. Or did we come from somewhere else?

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dadfortruth

Source? Cause as far as I'm aware "auntie beve" is an old fat white lady who came up with her back story when she was 50....

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64 What do you all think?

I think they will probably cover these up like the ones found in America as reported in the 1909 Arizona newspaper. Because, there is not the slightest bit of love or care from the population in control to the general population of earth. Earth is more like a cartoon world than a planet with actual intelligence - it is a planet representing survival of the fittest. That is what toned down the minds so much of the apathetic and skeptical - they no longer care enough to believe - and when they exclaim to care it is no more than a complete hypocrisy - because they do not believe that a thought, a word, and an action will equal one thing - the law of karma. They do not believe this because of ignorance, they simply don't understand the way reality on this planet works.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: greyer

1909 was addressed in this thread. You should do some real research on it. And again, these were carved in the mid 70's. Old man was caught in the act. If you'd read the thread would know that.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I just want to address a few frauds surrounding the gosford Glyphs.

"Auntie Bev" is actually Beverly Speirs. She is a white Irish woman who started claiming she was an aborigine in the early 80's when she was in her 40's. She was friends with a man name Spike Milligan who found some cave paintings made by aborigines. You can research that yourself by googling "Milligan's Cave". He claims it was "Auntie Beve" who told him the cave existed. However she even admits she found it on accident while "Playing Aborigine" as a child.

www.spikemilliganlegacy.com...

This is Spike Milligan:

en.wikipedia.org...

Now here is where we start to see some issues. Spike Milligan was a comedienne and had hoaxed people many times before. He was LIVING in Gosford during the time frame the glyphs were carved. A library and Bridge are named after him. He was even in local TV adverts. He was also a known hoaxer:

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

1973: BBC Radio broadcast an interview with an elderly academic, Dr. Clothier, who discoursed on the government's efforts to stop the spread of Dutch Elm Disease. Dr. Clothier described some startling discoveries that had been made about the tree disease. For instance, he referred to the research of Dr. Emily Lang of the London School of Pathological and Environmental Medicine. Dr. Lang had apparently found that exposure to Dutch Elm Disease immunized people to the common cold. Unfortunately, there was a side effect. Exposure to the disease also caused red hair to turn yellow and eventually fall out. This was attributed to a similarity between the blood count of redheads and the soil conditions in which affected trees grew. Therefore, redheads were advised to stay away from forests for the foreseeable future. Dr. Clothier was in reality the comedian Spike Milligan.

Here is a writeup showing that an older man was seen carving the glpyhs by Alan Dash, a still living surveyor who knows they are modern and literally witnessed them be carved over the years, as well as catching a man twice carving them and he was able to confiscate the chisel the second time.

woywoynet.blogspot.com...

How do these tie in? It seems that the woman who supports the cave as being authentic, this "Auntie Beve", was friends with a known hoaxer Spike Milligan, who matches the description of the old man seen carving glyphs by Alan Dash. Dash always stops short of accusing it of being Spike because the old man spoke "gibberish that may have been yugoslav". How funny right? Again, Aunty Beve is really Beverly Speirs, a white Irish woman.

Spike Milligan served in the British military in....EGYPT. Close friends of his said he was "obsessed" with ancient egyptian culture.

Just so you know, most of the locals in the area there think that Spike is the one who carved them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Yup I am on record calling this a hoax,too bad there are people out there all too willing to muddy the waters on supposedly ancient out of place finds only to laugh at our expense.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

K I'll remember next time that people like you don't want to hear from me.

I know that people don't want to see me with them on the face of the earth, so I should have known that you do not want to see me in here, let alone read an opinion from me.

True Hypocrisy. True Ignorance. And Nothing True. Not inside, nor out.

edit on 10Tue, 22 Apr 2014 22:55:08 -0500America/Chicago14America/ChicagoTue, 22 Apr 2014 22:55:08 -0500 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

Opinion: a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

My opinion is based on facts. Yours is based on what exactly?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Spike Milligan? Ok I want to see these glyphs even more now!

2nd.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Hi all
I've been following this thread for a while as the subject is of particular interest to me , but decided to join up as it's becoming a little sidetracked ( you will see what I mean )

My name is Steve and I am a local history buff who happens to live within a few miles of this " hieroglyph " site , I have been researching this hoax for a few years now and thought I would add my 10 cents worth
I have noticed some traffic from his site to mine but I don't think you guys have been landing on the best pages to help you research the glyphs also known as the Kariong or Gosford Glpyhs

These glyphs were first noticed in the mid 70's by a council employee who I have personally spoken too , he witnessed their creation over a five year period , in 1983 they were brought to the attention of the public by an article in the local newspaper and were examined by experts from the National Parks and Wildlife Service and by the head of Egyptology at Macquarie University in Sydney and found to be poorly done forgeries that made no connected sentences and any sense at all
Since then they have been examined by many experts whenever a new " fringe theorist " comes up with a fanciful explanation of how they got there , sadly they are just a very well done practical joke

Re Milligans Cave
This is not the hieroglyphs site and is nowhere near it , Spike Milligan was a well known comedian who worked with the Monty Python members in the UK , his parents lived in Woy Woy ( my home town )
I have never or heard nor seen any claims stating he was responsible for the glpyhs , I'll put it down as another " theory "

All the info you would need is here karionghieroglyphs.blogspot.com.au...

Happy to discuss !
edit on 23-4-2014 by Bulgandry because: forgot something

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bulgandry

I never said Milligans cave was the spot of the glyphs. I said that is how he is connected to "Auntie Beve".

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I also need to make a correction. Alan Dash is the first ranger to notice they were being carved and is the ranger who can confirm they did not exist in 1968 when he had previously prospected the area.

It was NEIL MARTIN, another ranger who later caught the old man who sounded Yugoslavian and acted mentally handicapped carving glyphs and confiscated his chisel.

Spike Milligan was very interested in Egypt as he was stationed there and in Libya during WWII. He had over a dozen skits he wrote based on ancient Egypt. Here is just one of them:

www.thegoonshow.net...

He lived in Gosford the entire time the glyphs were showing up.
edit on 23-4-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I never said Milligans cave was the spot of the glyphs. I said that is how he is connected to "Auntie Beve".

All good I was clearing things up for others , while Spikes parents lived in Woy Woy , Spike mainly resided in England and would occasionally stay here , he did not live here for any extended period and certainly not for the whole period of the first reported sightings ( 1975 - 1980's )
Spike had a great respect for the local history of the area and was an environmentalist who helped save a large inland island from becoming a canal type housing development for rich home owners in the 70's , I highly doubt that he would have carved the glyphs mainly out of respect for the local culture and the fact that the site is within the boundaries of Brisbane Water National Park , it is still seen as an act of vandalism by NPWS officers to this day
I doubt Spike even knew of these glyphs he was a prolific writer and surely would have written about them or made a funny poem

# I have removed a comment I made about Aunty Beve as I have just found out she has passed away in the last couple of days , another time another place ...

Discussions like this sidetrack for the real facts on many occasions , I'm happy to clear things up and supply sources when I can
I often wonder if the people who did this hoax have internet access and are enjoying the comical mayhem that has ensued , I say bravo , well played

edit on 23-4-2014 by Bulgandry because: # I have removed a comment I made about Aunty Beve as I have just found out she has passed away in the last couple of days , another time another place ..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
thanks for the relevant info on how someone like spike fits into the picture,
i've always suspected the monty python team of being part of the shopfront, this more or less confirms my suspicions, thanks again

Spike Milligan was a well known comedian who worked with the Monty Python members in the UK

..spike was also an avid writer of childrens literature in the school system (early 1980's)

humor is often used to deflect something..

Are any of you Freemasons?
MichaelPalinMichael (Palin 2691 points 5 months ago) "No, we're all very expensive masons."

when do the jokes end?
he's not as silly as he first seems, ever seen his "brazil" movie?

edit on 24-4-2014 by UNIT76 because: ..what wicked webs we weave

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join