It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Glyphs found in Australia could rewrite history

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Shepard64

I don't suppose anybody is interested in alternative thoughts on the subject...

An Egyptologist from Sydney's Macquarie University has rejected any new claims about one of the most mysterious and controversial sites on the New South Wales Central Coast, known as the 'Gosford Hieroglyphs'. Link

May as well add this as a jumping-off point for further investigation...Another link

edit on 17-4-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: ...just because!

Thanks! From the abc.net.au source, I think this pretty well sums it up:

"There's no way people would've been inscribing texts from the time of Cheops from the signs that weren't invented until 2500 years later.

"That's a chronological discrepancy," he said.

In other words symbols from Egyptian eras thousands of years apart have been grouped together.

He says it also doesn't made sense why the Ancient Egyptians would be at that particular site.

"If by any chance they had reached Australia, you'd expect them to land on the west coast rather than over on the east coast," he said.

..but.. but maybe they were time travelling Egyptians who got lost and um, they were drunk and sailed around Australia and landed on the opposite side.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

theantediluvian

..but.. but maybe they were time travelling Egyptians who got lost and um, they were drunk and sailed around Australia and landed on the opposite side.

Funny,

Or a person, not a trained scriber, but able to read, lived his live in Egypt and his surroundings was scattered with glyps from a few thousand years of writing ( We still see what is left, imagine when it was a living place, inscriptions everywhere! )

So now he is faced with writing an important message: Hey tries to remember all he can, influenced by his live among those figures (glyphs) ...

And he, maybe helped by a few comrades.. write the message down as best as he can...

True? I don't know... But it makes at least some sense !!

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

"There's no way people would've been inscribing texts from the time of Cheops from the signs that weren't invented until 2500 years later.
reply to post by theantediluvian

This is assuming everything we know about the ancient Egyptians is correct.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well if Egyptians did come to Australia, they got here through South East Asia.

Is there any evidence of Egyptians there?

Or any other part of Asia?

Then there's the logistical nightmare that is the vast desert through Central Australia, then, the Blue mountains need to be traversed..

Pretty tough ask, considering 'modern' explorers struggled to even cross the these parts.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by Skyfloating

Then there's the logistical nightmare that is the vast desert through Central Australia, then, the Blue mountains need to be traversed..

Pretty tough ask, considering 'modern' explorers struggled to even cross the these parts.

Well, if there is one thing sure about what we know about Ancient Egyptians... Is that they were not thát much impressed by any kind of rock, in any kind of size. ..

So traveling a few mountains , without an 90 feet granite obelix on their back, doesn't seem to be a problem in my opinion.

Besides... desert... It looks like the climate in that part of Egypt and Australia are not very much different... And I guess in those days it wasn't even a desert, more the "south of France "

edit on 17-4-2014 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

AlphaHawk

Well if Egyptians did come to Australia, they got here through South East Asia.

Is there any evidence of Egyptians there?

Just stopping by and leaving a few pots wouldnt leave any evidence after thousands of years. Just saying.

I do think the idea of "no contact between the continents in ancient times" is highly questionable.

Saying its "impossible" even more so.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Well, somebody's trying to be funny with the cartouches, with one of them reading "Khufu." Not sure about the other one. Possibly "Nepher-u," (perfect one), but there is also a symbol in there for "axe" or "carpenter." Maybe somebody trying to cobble together a Jesus cartouche.

I'm not an expert. You can find translation guides on the web.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Those look freshly carved to me.

Apparently they look like hoaxes to the Australian archaeologists that examined them too.

donsmaps.com...

Alan Dash, a surveyor with the Gosford City Council between 1968 and 1993, first noticed the carvings about 1975. Thoroughly familiar with the area, he revisited the site several times over the next 5 years, each time observing that more and more carvings appeared on the rock face. He considered the engravings the work of an irresponsible vandal.

They are known as the Gosford glyphs, a well known hoax. Someone was actually seen carving up there. There's also a stick man hanging out his washing just out of shot.

Engage brains, there's zero sign of erosion on those carvings, and they are carved into sandstone which wears very quickly. They are not ancient.

edit on 17-4-2014 by Antigod because: adding info

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They looked fake right away. As some people already stated they have been proven to be fake.
They are far to prominent and sloppy and out of place of what an ancient Egyptian carver would have done. And not just that. Only a handful of people in that time period when they used these symbols knew how to string together 'sentences'.
Interesting and bizarre. But I'd say fake.
edit on 17-4-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I agree. If these are real then they are probably the crappiest hieroglyphics I have ever seen. Look at some that are known to be real; They look like the Egyptians prided themselves in making them. These supposedly real Australian hieroglyphics look like the Flintstones scribed them with a dinosaur bone.

Just my opinion though.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have a question for people who are knowledgeable about ancient Egypt : are there written testimonies, hieroglyphs, wall paintings etc., that corroborate the mainstream theories about the date of construction of the pyramids, and also the "how they did it" question (thousands of slaves in 20years) ?

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
You know those glyphs were proved to be a hoax, right?
Gosford Glyphs Hoax

A Veteran from WWI learned the style of writing whilst stationed in Egypt. He settled on a farm nearby and carved the glyphs in his spare time.

University students camped in the area for some time or on repeated visits carved the symbols as a prank.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

These were a hoax. A Surveyor, Alan Dash had been going by the same site since 1968 and saw the first inscriptions in 1975 and noticed more and more every year until 1980. The local university determined it was a hoax in 1983.

edit: In fact, if I remember correctly, they caught an old man chiseling in the stone in the early 80's, and after he was caught no more symbols showed up.

What a lot of people forget is soldiers coming back from war wanted to re-create things they had seen. That's where so many of the "Egyptian style" hoaxes originate.

edit2: donsmaps.com... Found it

Some of the glyphs are not Egyptian, and many that are Egyptian are incorrectly written. Some glyphs refer to Egyptian names that are hundreds of years apart but the overall inscription conveys no meaning whatsoever.

In 1984, Neil Martin, a ranger with the National Parks and Wildlife Service in Gosford, saw a local man carving the glyphs and confiscated his chisel.

edit on 17-4-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Antigod

Heh, this guy beat me to it actually. I should have read the whole thread first

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I've seen something about this before - I just cannot remember where I saw it at present.

What I will say is that upon inspecting the photographs of these "glyphs" it becomes apparent that none of them have moss or lichen growing in the etched portions of them. Suggesting that they are a lot more modern than we are being asked to believe. If they were truly several thousand years old, as suggested, then the lichen/moss visible on the stone surfaces would have grown over them, and covered them up. Not 'totally covered', but certainly not all lines and carvings would be so clearly defined.

As a result, I suggest that this isn't a real find at all. Rather, it's a clever attempt at fame, fortune and probably noteriety. It's a pity, because it would be nice to actually find something like this that really throws a spanner in the works of accepted history.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

I don't suppose anybody is interested in alternative thoughts on the subject...

An Egyptologist from Sydney's Macquarie University has rejected any new claims about one of the most mysterious and controversial sites on the New South Wales Central Coast, known as the 'Gosford Hieroglyphs'. Link

May as well add this as a jumping-off point for further investigation...Another link

Well I read one of the links from your link that the author uses to debunk the glyphs. He does what all good debunkers do, he diminishes the source but provides no data or proof the glyphs are fake. He never cites an example of why they are fake. He just attacks the messenger. Guess I'll look into it a bit more.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don’t believe some of the things that we have discovered from the past necessarily indicate human activity or life in that time as much as it just represents intelligent life at those times in history. And there for if anything I would say the human race its self as it is today is probably shorter in existence then is currently being stated in mainstream Archeology. To further support this idea I do not believe that we currently have an accurate dating system for the relics we have discovered on earth being as though all we have is carbon dating (which basically measures the amount of the suns radiation in the item) and Judging by the depth of an item underground which itself is obviously flawed given you would have to compensate for very possibly millions of years of continental drift, the last three global catastrophes that have occurred and not to mention the weather moving the soil around like with floods, tornado's, or earth quakes.

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

hoax or not
here is a nice tour..

edit on Thupm4b20144America/Chicago09 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on Thupm4b20144America/Chicago03 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
However. It seems kinda cool! At least the storyline stayed the same.

Hell! Just reading it I thought I was a slave, my master just died and I sent him the best farewell I could! Scaried, and wondering what in Gods name am I gonna Do?

We all been there ourselves, haven't we? Fake or not, at least everyone there Writing, Kept the story Straight! So was it just one person or many years of having people Write on the walls while there? Plus who can read Hyphg these days?

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
However. It seems kinda cool! At least the storyline stayed the same.

Hell! Just reading it I thought I was a slave, my master just died and I sent him the best farewell I could! Scaried, and wondering what in Gods name am I gonna Do?

We all been there ourselves, haven't we? Fake or not, at least everyone there Writing, Kept the story Straight! So was it just one person or many years of having people Write on the walls while there? Plus who can read Hyphg these days?

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join