It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Glyphs found in Australia could rewrite history

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

I honestly look at people who have access to the plethora of information available and still dont deny the flawed story as presented by academia...as complete idiots like those who used to torture and kill people for saying the world is not flat or who implied that the earth was not the center of the universe.

And of those who are in the upper echelon of academia.....I see as little trolls holding on to the little bit of importance and validity they have like if they were to embrace new ideas their entire existence would come crashing down like a crappy little bridge they guard for some retarded reason.

A few members on ATS come to mind....one with a beating heart in particular. Stubborn, unrelenting, and utterly rude and contemptuous. Why so upset? Why the fevered pitch to your rebuttals? Your energetic denial only incriminates the innocent... if you truly are.

I think they just like to perpetuate ignorance so they have something only THEY control. They need something to make them special because they are utterly worthless educators and investigators. Unoriginal, uninspired, old cadavers breathing everyone elses air on borrowed time just waiting to become the dust that future men of knowledge will brush aside while looking for the REAL truth.

You have to be an asshat to say it is ALL just in our heads.

edit on 4 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Nobody ever believed the world was flat. That's a modern fantasy.

In the case if these glyphs we have eyewitness testimony that they are modern creations.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Maybe they didnt think the world was flat. I´ll give you that....maybe, and I will just toss that in with the rest of utterly useless crap history classes have taught me in a classroom.

There were persecutions for denying the world was not the center of the universe. I will hold my opinion still that the sentiment of indignation for the profane trying to understand the world by circumventing their "expertise" for a second opinion as similar.

As far as these glyphs...I dont know. I will also hold the opinion that a pattern is a pattern. A global knowledge base /civilization was present at one point and that it splintered into subsequent civilizations...regardless of the validity of this one example.

Linguistically, mythologically, technologically, and by a whole host of other starting points; the world was more interconnected than we are told it was.

edit on 4 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
that paper comes out on a tuesday which happened to be april fools day...so are you implying everything in the paper is a hoax because of the issue date ?

There is no "Southern Cross University Marine Research Unit"
There is no such person as "Professor Lillian Dagon"
There is no such group as a "federal government archeological team"
The Miskatonic University is a fictional university from Lovecraft....
en.wikipedia.org...
There is no such person as "Dr Henry Asenath"
There is no such group as the "Byron Shire Cthulhu Society"
There is no such person as "Brad Innsmouth"

Dagon, Asenath and Innsmouth are stories written by Lovecraft, Miskatonic University is also a Lovecraft creation...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

that paper comes out on a tuesday which happened to be april fools day...so are you implying everything in the paper is a hoax because of the issue date ?

There is no "Southern Cross University Marine Research Unit"
There is no such person as "Professor Lillian Dagon"
There is no such group as a "federal government archeological team"
The Miskatonic University is a fictional university from Lovecraft....
en.wikipedia.org...
There is no such person as "Dr Henry Asenath"
There is no such group as the "Byron Shire Cthulhu Society"
There is no such person as "Brad Innsmouth"

Dagon, Asenath and Innsmouth are stories written by Lovecraft, Miskatonic University is also a Lovecraft creation...

scu.edu.au...

some reading for you

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

scu.edu.au...
some reading for you

Let us see, no mention of the people supposed to work there, no mention of the "Southern Cross University Marine Research Unit"....

So just what was I supposed to read?

Why do some people like to push obvious hoaxes so much?
edit on 19-4-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I actually agree with you that the human race was advanced in the past and we've been nearly eradicated many times.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think you're missing the point that it was an April fool's joke. Sure the university may be real, but neither the division nor the faculty are in existence. The author was a Lovecraft fan is all.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I dont care if these glyphs are a hoax, I still would like to drive over and see them one day. I have seen a lot of rock art here in WA, and I've seen a number of tombs in Egypt with WEIRD hieroglyphs (whats that helicopter doing there???), so I don't mind if its just a tourist trap.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Really! You call it a hoax and don't have the Kahunas to back it,
You called, YOU provide the links.
If not, then it's not so.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
It's a hoax. Look at the lichen in the close-up, dead giveway. Why would lichen grow outwards, you can see the outer edge, and yet "jump over" the gap where the carving was.......NAH!!!!

Quite clearly the carvings occurred after the lichen grew.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
To me, it does look like a hoax.

"These Hieroglyphs are real and have existed for some 4,500 years in Australia"

The carvings don't look that deep. Also, they appear to have been made on rock exposed to the elements. While reading the article, I couldn't help but think why they haven't eroded after all this time? I'd be surprised if the "ancient Hieroglyphs" are more than a few decades old, if that.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hellobruce: Why do some people like to push obvious hoaxes so much?

Decades ago, Erich von Daniken made millions of dollars with his "Chariots of the Gods?" story, which interpreted the ancient rock art on the plains of Nazca, Peru as being the result of visitations by aliens long ago. Source:

Chiram: A lot of Erich Von Daniken would be’s out there trying to replicate his success.

Well it now appears Wayne Herschel has jumped onto the Gosford Heiroglyphs hoax and is now promoting it on his website Here:

He’s also promoting a video on his site by a local resident who is apparently campaigning for the protection of the park where the glyphs are located who claims the land is now up for sale and the rock monument under risk of being demolished. You must watch the video it’s hilarious, the guy claims the area is the site of an Egyptian burial, and he looks like he’s just about ready to burst out laughing and can’t even face the camera when he’s talking.

And Wayne claims:

Wayne will offer coverage of their latest data very soon and present new evidence or their interpretations, or info on the current film documentary they might be involved in, or Wayne's own interpretations of the new data.

And on bottom of wayne’s webpage you can click on:- CAMPAIGN TO FUND FILM DOCUMENTARY – which takes you to his SALE OF MUSEUM QUALITY PIECES TO FUND PROJECT: which range in price from $60 to $650.

What a joke…..

edit on 20-4-2014 by chiram because: Wrong link

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
I dont care if these glyphs are a hoax, I still would like to drive over and see them one day. I have seen a lot of rock art here in WA, and I've seen a number of tombs in Egypt with WEIRD hieroglyphs (whats that helicopter doing there)

A Google site-specific search answers that question a hundred times over.

Harte

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte
Dude I know how to google-fu a search by domain, I dont know why you need to attack me for an off the cuff comment. As I said, I dont care if its a hoax, its another road-side attraction that I have yet to see within my own country.

Take a chill pill, or is it shill pill?? Not everyone hates you for your "fredumz". Some of us just like the story, no matter whom wrote it.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte
Dude I know how to google-fu a search by domain, I dont know why you need to attack me for an off the cuff comment. As I said, I dont care if its a hoax, its another road-side attraction that I have yet to see within my own country.

Take a chill pill, or is it shill pill?? Not everyone hates you for your "fredumz". Some of us just like the story, no matter whom wrote it.

CHIRAM: What a rude person you are.

ATS is blessed with a great number of academics including Harte who continually time and again gives his/her free time to reject these hoaxes for what they really are in the interest of those gullible people taken in by such, Harts work is very much appreciated here on ATS including myself.

As you don’t seem to be too well informed, go and see your hoax, no one is stopping you.

edit on 20-4-2014 by chiram because: Spelling error

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chiram
So you're now ganging up on me just because I want to see these carvings for myself--even after acknowledging the fact that they are non-paleolithic? AND MOST LIKELY A HOAX!!

So I want to see for myself, am I verboten from such???

No, its not me who was being rude, please review the discourse.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So you're now ganging up on me just because I want to see these carvings for myself--even after acknowledging the fact that they are non-paleolithic? AND MOST LIKELY A HOAX!!

CHIRAM: Yes you were being rude.

Lets stop this silliness shall we, no one’s ganging up on you. Go spend your time and money on hoaxes if you like, I do not care what you do.

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

you made me laugh

it's all hidden in the mystery of that pre-cataclysm world empire you were romanticizing back there
the key to understanding all that is-
-knowing how they are slowly working back towards it

that's why you're going to be met with resistance whenever you try to figure all this out
that's why the so-called experts are happy to quantify the matter as a hoax, but for some mysterious reason can't ever seem to actually just shed some more tiny precious light on the meaning of it all
and who can blame them, after all, it's not like it's their job and they're actually paid to deal with these things (or are they?) why should they care to educate you or even themselves
and this is a conspiracy website?

if you can appreciate how an author can only draw upon their own experiences, you'll understand how a hoaxer has simply embraced & expanded a concept.. a tinfoil hat wearer needs to find out what that concept *is* ..it goes back to the world empire thing but it comes with so much additional baggage i'm not about to lump on you

it's all here right in front of you and part of it is figuring out what's legit, what's a hoax, and *why*

posted on Apr, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Actually, I thought you were asking about the "helicopter glyph."

That's what I tried to link you to.

I can't find anything with this site's search engine, for whatever reason.

I've posted multiple times on this forum all you need to know about the glyph I thought you mentioned - so have many other posters.

Were you talking about something else? If so, my bad.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join