It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptian Glyphs found in Australia could rewrite history

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yeah there should be signs of erosion.

But as has been pointed out, it is sadly a forgery.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I'm all for unexplained artefacts and forbidden archeology (Cremo etc) but these are obviously amateur fakes. They didn't even make an attempt to make them look weathered.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Earth may have been destroyed many times in history, from an ice age or by some type of global catastrophe, and the earth some how keeps rebuilding itself. Who really knows how many times humanity has even been here. a reply to: Shepard64

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Crystalwolf

Sure, but in this case hoax.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Okay so the majority believes this is a hoax. They can be easily debunked but it was still cool reading the translation thinking they were real. But how many people in the world can actually write a story and understand heiroglyphs like this. People have said a soldier carved them but I find that hard to believe. From what I understand it takes years of intense study to be able to read and write glyphs but I could be wrong. If a yone else knows more please enlighten me.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

It does not surprise me if this were true, I also read once that in the Grand Canyon here in the U.S. back in the 30's or 40's certain artifacts associated with Egypt were found, I am not sure whether the story was true or not but for some reason the government possibly got involved and tried to cover it up, do you know anything about this story ?
edit on 18-4-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

I linked you articles and eye witness testimony. The area they were carved in was regularly surveyed from 1968 on. The glyphs did not start appearing until the mid 70's. More and more appeared every year until and old man was ACTUALLY CAUGHT chiseling them.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

That was also a hoax:

www.jasoncolavito.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Apparently this was proven to be a hoax, and it was on ATS last year I think.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Egyptian cartoushes (spell checker no good) had rounded corners, no square, just in case no one else has noticed.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
reply to post by Shepard64

If it isn't a hoax, then not only would it have been Egyptian seafarers, but Egyptian scribes, or priests that would have been there, right?
They were the ones that did the writing in ancient Egypt, if my schooling was right.

its a not a hoax the find was just down the road from me and there is a lot of talk about it locally...

and who is to say the Egyptians were the only peoples to build pyramids ?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: butcherguy
reply to post by Shepard64

If it isn't a hoax, then not only would it have been Egyptian seafarers, but Egyptian scribes, or priests that would have been there, right?
They were the ones that did the writing in ancient Egypt, if my schooling was right.

its a not a hoax the find was just down the road from me and there is a lot of talk about it locally...

Characterizing these idiotic-looking "glyphs" as a hoax does not imply that they don't exist.

They are certainly a hoax. They are glyphs carved by modern people attempting to copy the style and language of the Ancient Egyptians.

That's a hoax.

Harte

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
if the glyph are carved in a way that makes sense shouldn't that give them some sort of legitimacy, Egyptian glyphs weren't finally translated until the first quarter to mid 1800's. Plus the person who wrote them would have to have some knowledge of the language, and unless you were a linguist or archaeologist this would probably be very difficult. How would a solder learn the language anyway, not even the native Egyptians knew how to read hieroglyphs. Not trying to say 100% the glyphs are real but there is a lot we don't know i, the ancient Egyptians if I remember correctly had 3 forms of hieroglyphs they wrote in maybe (i know its a huge long shot) they had another set the working class people wrote in that wasn't as important so its not seen as much.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bigcountry08

Again, the glyphs first appeared in the 70's. They are modern.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigcountry08
if the glyph are carved in a way that makes sense shouldn't that give them some sort of legitimacy, Egyptian glyphs weren't finally translated until the first quarter to mid 1800's. Plus the person who wrote them would have to have some knowledge of the language, and unless you were a linguist or archaeologist this would probably be very difficult. How would a solder learn the language anyway, not even the native Egyptians knew how to read hieroglyphs. Not trying to say 100% the glyphs are real but there is a lot we don't know i, the ancient Egyptians if I remember correctly had 3 forms of hieroglyphs they wrote in maybe (i know its a huge long shot) they had another set the working class people wrote in that wasn't as important so its not seen as much.

And therein lies a big piece of the puzzle. these "glyphs" don't make much sense at all. Anyone can go to a book store or library and do some basic research to carve the glyphs and even possibly think they mean something in english. Taking the requisite amount of time to properly learn and understand the hieroglyphs as well as their appropriate context is a whole seperate matter entirely. And that doesn't even get into the motives of the main provocateur of this alleged site, Dr Hans-Dieter von Senff. He's the Australian version of Samir Osmanagich. Von Senf, like Samir has. Phd and also like Samir it has nothing to do with what he is currently promoting. His dissertation was on the problems of German reunification from a historical and literary perspective. Did I mention that his actual profession was "bus driver". Normally when I see things like this I'm a little more pragmatic because let's be honest, finding out that Egyptians had been to Australia 5000 YA is a really cool concept. Normally, when its just a few pictures I reserve judgement because I haven't seen them myself by in this case, the photos are very good quality and the "glyphs" have an extraordinary amount of detail to them. The level of detail suggests these carvings are decades old not millennia old. The lack of weathering is just too tell tale to dispute. I'd love for this to be a real site but its not. Its a smart guy who thinks he's smarter than he is attempting to establish an Australian version of the Bosnian pyramids. Whether its for profit or ego I can't say but I can be certain its a big sack of poo.

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
And the History of Egypt continues to amaze me...

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

a yes the gosford glyphs i was mistaken for some reason and i will be blaming alcohol i was thinking of this story here

www.echo.net.au...

they found pyramid structures of the coast of byron bay

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=17819007] i was thinking of this story here

www.echo.net.au...

Check the date of that "article"....... just another hoax!

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: [post=17819007] i was thinking of this story here

www.echo.net.au...

Check the date of that "article"....... just another hoax!

that paper comes out on a tuesday which happened to be april fools day...so are you implying everything in the paper is a hoax because of the issue date ?

posted on Apr, 19 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

You my friend are on your job, thanks for that, I only read this once but you know you have to wait sometimes and question a "hoaxmaker" as opposed to a "disinfocreator" right? you have to always remember that sometimes things founded in truth have to be discredited and the first thing in that technique is called , turn it into a hoax, so for now I will trust that this was just a hoax until proven otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join