It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the U.S. take over the Malysian Boeing 777?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Stealthbomber
reply to post by Meldionne1

Woah *shock/horror a pilot that liked aviation enough to have his own flight simulator at home. I used to have a flight sim at home, does that make me a terrorist too?

And by the way.....I didn't say a simulator makes you a terrorist....I was implying he had lots of time to practice different routes.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Phage

create a fake flight plan

How?

You create a fake flight plan by saying on the internet that one was created.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

OatDelphi
Screw explaining the remote controlled part...

I'm still waiting to hear how reliable information, the likes of complicated mathematics and schematics, can somehow be revealed through water-boarding.

What makes you think its that kind of information they are after?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Pure speculation from a tabloid.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   

charlyv
There is no way that an AWACS is going to control a commercial aircraft, unless the commercial aircraft was previously retrofitted with an unmanned flight control package API, which is an extremely formidable and intrusive bunch of equipment and software, probably worth more than the aircraft itself.

AWACS can fly certain drones, as drones use these as the primary flight interface. But is is certainly not it's primary mission.

"The role of the AWACS E-3 is to carry out airborne surveillance, and command, control and communications (C3) functions."

.... and why would it not be possible to do a few minor modifications to make them suitable for a particular job.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

highlydisappointed
what don't get is what would be the point of taking the Boeing 777?

Because that is the plane to 20 or so engineers were on.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Lol yeah a few minor modifications, it's a bit more than that mate.

For that to work you'd need to sponsorship of a state, and if you had that you could do it other ways a lot easier.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

And it wouldn't be easier just to kidnap the engineers rather than stealing a fully loaded 777?

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

No. The pilot and/or co-pilot hijacked it with or without the help of the two Iranians traveling on fake passports. Malaysia is dragging it's feet and not allowing Interpol in etc etc. They know that once people find out that their Muslim pilots hijacked their own plane, then no one is going to want to fly on that airline.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I didn't realize he was Muslim, he must be a terrorist now..

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Just no.

You can't just "take over" a plane and fly it remotely first. Second ALL planes have transponders. E-3s have ADS-b and have been tracked on FlightRadar24.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Stealthbomber
I didn't realize he was Muslim, he must be a terrorist now..

Oh stop it. No one said anything even close to that.

Both the pilot and the co-pilot are muslims. Deal with it.
One had 'extremist political views'.
The hijackers had the ability to fly the plane and knew to turn off the transponders.
The LOGICAL place to start looking is at the pilot and co-pilot.

Malaysia isn't allowing Interpol to investigate. It's a bottleneck in the investigation.
Once people find out that the Muslim pilot and co-pilot are under investigation, then
that'll hurt business. People won't want to fly the airlines. Malaysia is trying to make
sure that doesn't happen and that business isn't hurt.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Yeah, an RQ-4 Global Hawk UAV.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

They know that once people find out that their Muslim pilots hijacked their own plane, then no one is going to want to fly on that airline.

Brilliant deduction. This is why I hate flying.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

FlyersFan

No. The pilot and/or co-pilot hijacked it with or without the help of the two Iranians traveling on fake passports. Malaysia is dragging it's feet and not allowing Interpol in etc etc. They know that once people find out that their Muslim pilots hijacked their own plane, then no one is going to want to fly on that airline.

I just had a very bizarre feeling.

I agree with something on ATS in regards to this.

That's absolutely plausible and something to consider... well before secret remote controlled nuke laden hijacked planes landed on google island ships in the middle of the sea.

Seriously, this is how it should be around here all the time.

Star for you FlyersFan.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Why because he attended an open court case?

They searched the pilots house today, it was all over the news.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If people around the world decide they can't trust Muslim pilots and co-pilots, then those airlines will suffer from loss of business. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Malaysia was keeping Interpol out because they know the muslim pilot and muslim co-pilot were probably involved and Malaysia doesn't want a major drop in business. That could easily happen.

That's speculation, of course. But this is a conspiracy site and we deal with speculation.
And I think that's pretty much common sense speculation. It's all about the $$$ and reputation.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

They are dragging their feet over pride. The government owns almost half the airline and a plane disappearing is a huge embarassment.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

A hijacker would want to turn off the transponder straight away anyway, not just for tracking but because if you squawk certain frequencies it means you've been hijacked eg 7700.

That's what the pilots did on 9/11. The pilots may or may not have had anything to do with it, but the stories coming out about them being radical Muslims is just from tabloids so I wouldn't read too much into it.

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

What I don't understand is why it matters they were Muslims? If any pilot hijacked their companies plane I'm sure people would be funny about flying with them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join