It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature crouched nearby the Rover and other anomalies... Curiosity Sol 560

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
For the ATS "Anomalies' Hunters", the Curiosity sol 560 appear a good area: A strange anomaly like a creature, crouched nearby the Rover...

and...

notice the "stick"..

edit on 9-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
OMG its a rock quick fone nasa!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Polar bear, creamsicle, frog and turtle. Miniatures. (In order.)

Second...
edit on 9-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

+30 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
"Alert! Alert! High loss of credibility detected.
Your credibility level has dropped 99%, please reach emergency escape pods on level 1."

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yours really are just rocks.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
the Bunch of the "It's Rock!" crowd at its best!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The front half is definitely a beaver....the back half is a rock.....also known as the rock beaver.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Logiciel

Your credibility never detected...

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Another nice find Arken, you have some great detective eyes!

And to the rock crowd:

Yes these are rocks too......aren't they?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Arken

Arken

You forgot to wave your hand!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh paleease ! Op needs to take a break i think. I guess it must be hard if someone so desparately wants to find something that just isn't there. Just take a step back OP and concentrate on something else for a while.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Someone posts a topic about "anomalies looking like a creature", not "this is definitely a creature" and you all jump on the pisstaking bandwagon? what a nice bunch of folks you all are! No wonder there is no moving forward on this site anymore, too many people are the "enlightened" bunch who get to belittle people who they think are inferior. Your clearly a bunch of self involved tossers who must literally not want any forward momentum from this state of evolutionary knowledge. Not the type of place I will post my inside info thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

pr0ph3t
Someone posts a topic about "anomalies looking like a creature", not "this is definitely a creature" and you all jump on the pisstaking bandwagon? what a nice bunch of folks you all are! No wonder there is no moving forward on this site anymore, too many people are the "enlightened" bunch who get to belittle people who they think are inferior. Your clearly a bunch of self involved tossers who must literally not want any forward momentum from this state of evolutionary knowledge. Not the type of place I will post my inside info thanks.

Please don't be discouraged by these type of posts. Arken doesn't mind them, and some of us who also enjoy looking at Mars photos for interesting images and forms know the enjoyment of being daily witnesses to the travels of Curiosity (almost like we ride along). In truth, aside from catching movement, theres no way to know if these are rocks, fossils, little green creatures, or distorted pixel/photo artifacts. The odds of them all being just rocks are very high, but each time something very good is found (I'm not saying the ones on this thread are very good, these are nice shapes which resonate with the human/mammal brain) and the very slight chance of it being real is there, people are adding to the overall picture. And if you have inside info about something, you will have both educated and interested people posting on or reading your thread, as well as the jollywhompers who come by to criticize without having a working knowledge of the topic - on a public site you have to expect and not mind that.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

sayzaar
Oh paleease ! Op needs to take a break i think. I guess it must be hard if someone so desparately wants to find something that just isn't there. Just take a step back OP and concentrate on something else for a while.

Arken is the resident ATS Mars surveyor. Your opinion or anyone else's is not going to change their posting habits. Just lighten up a little and really look at the pictures. Eventually you will see something...

edit on 9-3-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

skyblueworld

And to the rock crowd:

No, those are not rocks.

They are plaster.

Plaster Casts of Pompeii

In 1748, Pompeii was rediscovered--not only its houses, but (eventually) some of its citizens. Although only fragmentary skeletal remains were found there, hollow spaces within the hardened volcanic debris revealed the forms of many deceased Romans. Suffocated by volcanic gasses and covered in ash and debris, their bodies eventually decayed inside the hardening matter. This air space essentially formed a mold, since the ash that had surrounded the person retained an imprint of the body. Excavators realized this and filled the air pockets with plaster. The resulting "plaster mummies" poignantly capture the human tragedy of Pompeii.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

bonchoEventually you will find something. ..

Yeah, it's called pareidolia...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Psychonautics

bonchoEventually you will find something. ..

Yeah, it's called pareidolia...

Which even makes Discovery's headlines.

Personally I think some I've seen on here are better...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

eriktheawful

skyblueworld

And to the rock crowd:

No, those are not rocks.

They are plaster.

Plaster Casts of Pompeii

In 1748, Pompeii was rediscovered--not only its houses, but (eventually) some of its citizens. Although only fragmentary skeletal remains were found there, hollow spaces within the hardened volcanic debris revealed the forms of many deceased Romans. Suffocated by volcanic gasses and covered in ash and debris, their bodies eventually decayed inside the hardening matter. This air space essentially formed a mold, since the ash that had surrounded the person retained an imprint of the body. Excavators realized this and filled the air pockets with plaster. The resulting "plaster mummies" poignantly capture the human tragedy of Pompeii.

Which was my point

Not everything is at it seems.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Cool pics Arken! I always enjoy looking at your anomalies pics & always see something in every one of them, its amazing how our brain connects an object to a 'rock' and makes us think it is that thing. They do get my imagination going that what if our eyes arent playing tricks on us and all these things are real.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join