It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature crouched nearby the Rover and other anomalies... Curiosity Sol 560

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
From the same area.

How we can explain this?

And this...

edit on 9-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Fine...let's say for the sake of arguement that it is a coin.
Riddle me this Batman...

If it's just a simple coin...and it survived all this Martian calamity...(whatever you want to call it)...then how come no other objects built to be more sturdy and resiliant than a simple coin do not exist at all on Mars...in any photo.
I mean if the coin was so well "preserved" then why isn't there concrete indeputable proof of anything else identifiable beyond a shadow of a doubt?
Not even something you'd use one of these indestructable coins for?
Not even one?
Seriously?
No offence but you're chasing your tail on this.

-Peace-

edit on 9-3-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

edit on 9-3-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Arken
How we can explain this?

Kermit the frogs butt in the air?

Although not an explanation but more of a description.

As always, Great catch

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

who is this photo actually made by? be good to see the original.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Eryiedes

Fine...let's say for the sake of arguement that it is a coin.
Riddle me this Batman...

If it's just a simple coin...and it survived all this Martian calamity...(whatever you want to call it)...then how come no other objects built to be more sturdy and resiliant than a simple coin do not exist at all on Mars...in any photo.
I mean if the coin was so well "preserved" then why isn't there concrete indeputable proof of anything else identifiable beyond a shadow of a doubt?
Not even something you'd use one of these indestructable coins for?
Not even one?
Seriously?
No offence but you're chasing your tail on this one.

-Peace-

edit on 9-3-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

Lol, again you are thinking that somehow you can see every scenario that would make this not possible. They just discovered a couple of ancient creatures on earth with flesh....why did it survive.

When you know nothing of what happened on a planet don't assume anything. Have you perhaps explored the whole of the surface of Mars and forgot to mention it?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

You only avoided answering my question.

-Peace-

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

what do YOU think that top pic is?
to me it looks lik the les of a frog standing up. are we to surmise mars has topless creatures hopping around?n

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Arken

who is this photo actually made by? be good to see the original.

Here you go... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

thanks. no, can't see that thing in the top photo in this imag. i'm guessing the top photo has been cropped out and distorted from enlarging with some sort of filter effect added?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Arken

thanks. no, can't see that thing in the top photo in this imag. i'm guessing the top photo has been cropped out and distorted from enlarging with some sort of filter effect added?

Copy the image you refer to

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Would like to know what this is.

Hiding under the one metre marker in this.

Can be seen clearer on Nasa site here. www.nasa.gov...

Atalltale.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

marbles87
I don't want to offend anyone but I probably will. Come on it's a rock. Just like every other "creature" on Mars. How can anyone as intellegent as us possibly get hyped up over thinking we will find natural complex life on Mars. All the evidence we have says it's impossible without of course technological help. At best we might find some microbs which I think is very likely throughout the universe. Let's say this was some kind of "crab" or "creature" in what ecosystem is this organism getting it's resources it needs to live? Surely we would find smaller life in large numbers to support a bigger animal. We might miss the cow but we are blind if we miss the pasture in which it grazes. If these things were real why wouldn't NASA back up and check it out? That is one of the reasons they sent it. Sorry to burst some bubbles but really think about it. There has to be a foundation to make a claim that there are super hero organisms that eat rock, radiation proof, burn and freeze proof, breath posionus gas, and hover to leave no tracks. We have life here on earth that can survive very harsh environments (and I'll be crazy and think that it is possible that some Bactria or similar life here on earth could survive a bit some time on Mars) but the more inhaspitable a place is the less complex the life will be. This is proven time and time again. The less water a place has the less complex the life here on Earth same with the hotter or the colder higher elevation and extreme low elevation. I'm willing to hear that Mars can support complex life in nature but please show at least a flake of evidence that even some of the atomosphric or terrestrial conditions that mars has can support such life because I can't believe in animals that defy nature. Just look at mars in the pictures it is barren boulder ridden desert. Until someone can show us video of these creatures moving around and going about their lives I can't believe mars has complex life. NASA is just holding up those psychology test cards they show you a rock and say " what do you see here?"

I am glad many scientists don't think like you. They believe life may have mostly moved deep underground on Mars where the water mostly would be. Clearly there is water at surface level and we don't even need water to have life.

At a February conference in the Netherlands, an audience of Mars experts was surveyed about Martian life. Some 75 percent of the scientists said they thought life once existed there, and of them, 25 percent think that Mars harbors life today.

Read more: www.smithsonianmag.com...
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://(link tracking not allowed)/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter

Looking at what's left, the polar solvents that might be most readily available in large volumes to support a biochemistry are firstly water (H2O), then ammonia (NH3) and hydrogen sulfide (H2S). Various non-polar solvents can also be formed, notably methane (CH4).

www.smithsonianmag.com...

Those who have narrow views of life I think, will be scared and horrified when various astounding forms are found. How will they cope.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Eryiedes

You only avoided answering my question.

-Peace-

Do you not see you are asking a question as of yet unanswerable.

We don't yet have the information, but we can speculate and enjoy the search, wait for verifications that will eventually unfold.
edit on 9-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Those who have narrow views of life I think, will be scared and horrified when various astounding forms are found. How will they cope.

kill it
see what it tastes like
or maybe drill it to see if there are any fossil fuels in side
edit on 9-3-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Char-Lee
I found a coin, with markings on it.

It's probably one that got juggled out of Curiosity's meter.
edit on 9-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

How will they cope....

Exactly, and this is my target.

Before something or someone knock at the door, we must see through the spy-glass Who really will come...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i copied it. enlarged it several times and scrolled around each time but can't see anything that looks like the top image. i did see the 'flat' 'creature', but it looks like a rock that just looks like a creature. maybe i should stick with sudoku?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Arken

How will they cope....

Exactly, and this is my target.

Before something or someone knock at the door, we must see through the spy-glass Who really will come...

i don't have narrow view of life, yet i won't be horrified if any life is found...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I'm glad for you taoistguy, but my "old uncles", (ans several billions of people here on Earth) they aren't ready...

edit on 9-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

not sure about that. i think most will be surprised, slightly shocked, amazed, amused, disbelieving, skeptical ...but not scared and horrified.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join