It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature crouched nearby the Rover and other anomalies... Curiosity Sol 560

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
At first I was leaning toward the it's a rock conclusion, now I wonder if there is not life forms that do not look like that which we are familiar with. On earth many animals adapt to camouflage themselves, so why would Martian life forms be different? I mean looking at the terrain the best camouflage would be a rock or a pile of rocks.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

taoistguy
reply to post by Arken

not sure about that. i think most will be surprised, slightly shocked, amazed, amused, disbelieving, skeptical ...but not scared and horrified.

I would be optimistic like you, but the things are worst than we can imagine.

Global Consciousness is the Answer.

Imagine if the "Snake Gods" of the Sumerian, Egyptian, Indian, Mayan, Aztec, Chinese Mithology were real...

edit on 9-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Arken

taoistguy
reply to post by Arken

not sure about that. i think most will be surprised, slightly shocked, amazed, amused, disbelieving, skeptical ...but not scared and horrified.

I woul be optimistic like you, but the things are worst than we can imagine. Global Consciousness is the answer.

Imagine if the "Snake Gods" of the Egiptian Mithology were real...

ok...imagining...
well, apart from them not being real, IF they were, then they'd get a good kicking from us in today's age. snake gods on old barren mars??? not so high and mighty! :|

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

well, apart from them not being real,

Do you see?

This is the problem...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Arken

Do you see?

This is the problem...

no; what?
people are scared of imaginary things?

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

taoistguy

Arken

Do you see?

This is the problem...

no; what?
people are scared of imaginary things?

maybe we are derailing this thread now...

See Some of SLAYER69 Threads: Interesting food for thought

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

agreed. sorry for going off on one.
back to the point...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
...and the point being the coin that Char-Lee found. My guess is that when Gale Sea was sloshing in water, and Jeep's boats were sailing, that someone dropped it overboard. Maybe it was a "good luck wish" and they threw the coin in to complete the wish. Or it fell when someone was reeling in a glapodssopphia()()()()vvvvyeye fish (the principal food of the Martians who lived in this area).

Instead of "Three Coins in the Fountain" the martians put all their eggs in one basket, and dropped the basket overboard (Char-Lee has found the basket too).

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Arken

taoistguy
reply to post by Arken

I would be optimistic like you, but the things are worst than we can imagine.

Global Consciousness is the Answer.

Imagine if the "Snake Gods" of the Sumerian, Egyptian, Indian, Mayan, Aztec, Chinese Mithology were real...

edit on 9-3-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

Think of the little WaterBear

What if it were large an intelligent for instance, we certainly would not find him pretty!

What shrugs off lethal gamma rays, temperatures close to absolute zero, the vacuum of space, unearthly pressure and 120 years without water?

Tardigrades, or water bears, are tiny invertebrates that are found pretty much everywhere, from freshwater to marine habitats, and from the lichens in your garden to the top of the highest mountains.

Tardigrades have survived:

Without water for 120 years

Freezing to -272.8 °C, very close to absolute zero

Heating to 151 °C

The vacuum of space...

www.newscientist.com...

It is possible for a creature to feed only on sunlight, we know so little of what can be.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Aleister
...and the point being the coin that Char-Lee found. My guess is that when Gale Sea was sloshing in water, and Jeep's boats were sailing, that someone dropped it overboard. Maybe it was a "good luck wish" and they threw the coin in to complete the wish. Or it fell when someone was reeling in a glapodssopphia()()()()vvvvyeye fish (the principal food of the Martians who lived in this area).

Instead of "Three Coins in the Fountain" the martians put all their eggs in one basket, and dropped the basket overboard (Char-Lee has found the basket too).

:-) I have seen many of these possible coins, but not close enough to look at the surface like this one...maybe it is made of some extreme material and maybe its use was not as money but something else. Some ancient coins were thought to have value just in their metal, maybe these are made of Marssomthonium!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

mpainesyd.com...

Very interesting study about how life may have come from Earth to Mars.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Your link messed up my computer, I have to stop clicking on links I don't know. Anyway, a penny for your thoughts:

edit on 9-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Your link messed up my computer, I have to stop clicking on links I don't know

Hum it is clean of virus as my computer has no problem with it. If you never click a link you don't know, how can you ever see anything new?
Love the coin :-)
edit on 9-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

skyblueworld

eriktheawful

skyblueworld
Another nice find Arken, you have some great detective eyes!

And to the rock crowd:

Yes these are rocks too......aren't they?

No, those are not rocks.

They are plaster.

Plaster Casts of Pompeii

In 1748, Pompeii was rediscovered--not only its houses, but (eventually) some of its citizens. Although only fragmentary skeletal remains were found there, hollow spaces within the hardened volcanic debris revealed the forms of many deceased Romans. Suffocated by volcanic gasses and covered in ash and debris, their bodies eventually decayed inside the hardening matter. This air space essentially formed a mold, since the ash that had surrounded the person retained an imprint of the body. Excavators realized this and filled the air pockets with plaster. The resulting "plaster mummies" poignantly capture the human tragedy of Pompeii.

Which was my point

Not everything is at it seems.

You mean some martian archaeologists poured plaster casts of some martian life forms that died in a horrific plastioclast volcanic eruption, then cleared away the volcanic debris?

I'll give you several speculation points for speculating something that I don't think I've ever seen on ATS: Martian Archaeologists pouring plaster cast molds.

That's new and quite original.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
sorry but its a rock if you can see a cloud shaped like a pig does that mean pigs can fly no its a cloud not a pig

maybe there will be fossils and stuff up there from billions of years ago but i know one thing that is definitely on mars and you are never going to believe what that is and that's ROCKS

sorry for sarcasm but i been lurking on ATS for 6-7 years and ive seen too many of these Rock ones i normally dont even look on the post these days
edit on 9-3-2014 by Honkwoo1486 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

smurfy

Char-Lee
I found a coin, with markings on it.

It's probably one that got juggled out of Curiosity's meter.
edit on 9-3-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

They probably sent it up for good luck!

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Do you not see you are asking a question as of yet unanswerable.

We don't yet have the information, but we can speculate and enjoy the search, wait for verifications that will eventually unfold

Isn't that exactly what you are doing by assuming it's a coin?

-Peace-

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Eryiedes

Char-Lee
Do you not see you are asking a question as of yet unanswerable.

We don't yet have the information, but we can speculate and enjoy the search, wait for verifications that will eventually unfold

Isn't that exactly what you are doing by assuming it's a coin?

-Peace-

But I don't! I say it could be not it is.

BTW this is totally funny!

The first Martian (top) sighted on Mars smiles back from the rover’s calibration panel. The panel also features a 1909 Lincoln penny. Look closely at the penny and you’ll see a grain of Mars sand under Lincoln’s ear. It’s only 0.2 mm (.008 inches) across. Geologists classify sand grains this size as “fine sand”. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS - See more at: astrobob.areavoices.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Did they lose their calibration penny :-)

The first Martian (top) sighted on Mars smiles back from the rover’s calibration panel. The panel also features a 1909 Lincoln penny. Look closely at the penny and you’ll see a grain of Mars sand under Lincoln’s ear. It’s only 0.2 mm (.008 inches) across. Geologists classify sand grains this size as “fine sand”. Credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/MSSS - See more at: astrobob.areavoices.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I actually thought this thing I found was interesting, possible lifeform even...
Including funbox's nice enlargement

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join