It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These First 4 Photos Were Just Kinda Neat. Then I Saw the 5th One… It Put My Jaw On The Floor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Hi there peeps...

Just stumbled across the astounding work of Eloy Morales. But all is not as it seems...! Please bear with me and peruse pictures 1-4 before finally taking a peep at the fifth...! It is amazing...

Trust me when I say this – all is not as it seems with the paint covered faces below. You might not think it when looking at the first four pictures, but what you’re looking at is actually one of the most incredible things I’ve seen in a long time. Mind-blowing art in fact.

Check this out.

You’re probably wondering what is so impressive about someone covering his face in paint.

Picture: 1

Picture: 2

Picture: 3

Picture: 4

and....

finally........

Picture: 5

Article
Awesome stuff...! The first four images are hyperrealistic oil paintings (of a man with paint on his face) by Spanish artist Eloy Morales.. There is also a video at the end of the article of Eloy explaining his art. I sometimes dabble in some art now and then but I doubt I could ever pull off paintings like his...!

Just wanted to share this awesome art with peeps... Hope you enjoyed the images. What a truly amazing artist....

Eloy's website

Peace
Fluff

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
S&F! Yet another example of the endless talent and vision that walks among our civilization. Amazing work!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sorry not my cup of tea as art goes but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Xxx

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

So I'm looking at the first few pictures thinking "so this is what passes for art these days?"

I am now eating my shoe.

Seriously, that is beyond amazing he puts the masters to shame! Donatello, Rembrandt, DA VINCI! they got weak skillz compared to this dude.

Kallisti

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I do accept the technical ability of photo realistic painters but to me it's cold and has no soul. I would much rather see a painting that comes from the heart of someone with no training. ex. outsider art.

flavorwire.com...

Not to say all outsider art is good....it's not....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
sorry...

edit on 8-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

All I can say is WOW. My wife and I were looking at the first 4 and were....so what? it's just photos of a guy with paint on his face...then, like yourself...we got to the 5th picture and were FLOORED. The man has amazing talent....the eyes, the lighting...in one I thought I could make out the pores in the skin!!

It's stuff like this that makes me keep coming back to ATS....S & F for you my friend

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So...

Computer less pixel artist.

1st picture he got the nose and blue paint on cheek - "misplaced a bit"
3rd picture nose position still have a bit error, but not very much.
All others pretty OK
I review after watching the 5th pic, so hes pretty good, still its a big canvas.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This crap is not art. Anyone can smear paint on their face.

PS, the last photo is computer-generated.
edit on 3/8/2014 by Spruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Spruce

They are all paintings of the guy with paint on his face....No matter whether anyone likes the paintings, the work is incredible!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Sorry not my cup of tea as art goes but I'm glad you enjoyed it. Xxx

You know, I would not hang these on my wall, but anyone with half a brain has to admit to and admire the talent that can paint so perfectly that it looks like a photo! There are people of course who can't seem to see the talent or intelligence of anyone but themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

They are all photographs. The fifth is computer-generated to look like he is painting them. Duh.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruce

No. They're paintings......and obviously good enough to fool you....

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Spruce

They are all photographs. The fifth is computer-generated to look like he is painting them. Duh.

Lol DUH
www.eloymorales.es...

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Spruce

Check out the links, he's famous for being a hyper-realistic painter. Also has loads of other work on his website.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

awesome find my friend!

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Kyle Lambert is another photorealistic artist, the video is a sidestep of the art and is done on an Ipad, but is still brushwork. Please bear with it to the end of the video.

This one is a graphite drawing by Scottish artist Paul Cadden,

I love this stuff, it has its own kind of passion, Good find OP.
edit on 8-3-2014 by smurfy because: Pictures.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Spruce

If you cared to visit the sources more, maybe you would be aware that this is a painting, one of many portraits but the first that hes done of him self.

The effort that goes into his oeuvres mean that each takes around a month to complete, with the artist working an eight-hour day in his studio.
'I'm very disciplined, but I need to be to develop my work. I've got my studio separate from my home so I can concentrate, I need to be alone while painting,' the artist said.

Visit this link to see more of his paintings

edit on 8-3-2014 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

All I can say is absolutely astounding, this man is perhaps better then old botticelli.
Still we may never know what they would have been capable of with modern acrylic but this is fascinating, had me fooled into believing these were photograph's until the last image and I am still not convinced they are simply too real.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Spruce

I think they all colored by hand.
Look at 1st picture, that picture is bit low on realism quality, the colors on his face is not realistic and the nose a bit offset, others pics are pretty good.

He can draw it so precise because - its big.
No, I wont hang it, unless its my face

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join