It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Vet cuts down Mexican Flag flying over American Flag

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It is not a slight difference, it is big difference.

By your definition, there are no native Americans, each wave of people who came from Asia would also be immigrants, who just got here ahead of the Europeans.

I would say that they were colonist, each wave, and that includes the last.

The people who came from Europe to form the US did not come to the new world to become a part of the Nations that existed here. They came to form their own new nation in the new world. The Spanish, on the other hand, came to the new world to conquer, enslave, rape, and rob the people of the new world. For some reason, many people choose to ignore this major difference. Mexicans, and other people from Latin America somehow get a pass for the terrible things their ancestors did.

The nations of what is now America were essentially doomed to be conquered because their technology was so far behind that of Europe, and they could not defend themselves. It the people who colonized the US had not came here, than the Spanish would have conquered those nations.

The colonists who came to the new world actually traded with the nations that existed then. These people did not come to the land of opportunity like future immigrants, they arrived into a wilderness. They weren't here to get jobs, they had to build the infrastructure from scratch.

You start with the usual attack on the people who colonized the US, and then you switch your position with this statement.

To argue that this country was not build by immigrants, forced or otherwise, before or after any legalized immigration policy, quite literally built by them, is to be in some pretty serious denial using some pretty complicated twisting of words. Roads, Railroads, skyscrapers bridges, farms, businesses, all built by immigrants arriving in waves or one at a time/ All of whom contributed to making this country what it became.

Clearly you are referring to those people who immigrated to the US after the US was founded as a nation, and carved out of the wilderness.

I recognize the contributions of immigrants to the US, but you give all the credit to the immigrants, "all built by immigrants."

It wasn't all built by immigrants, plenty of the people who were the descendants of the pioneers worked and helped build the Roads, Railroads, skyscrapers bridges, farms, businesses, and your not giving credit to this demonstrates your bias.

Ever read "The Jungle" by Upton Sinclair? In that book, the main character, an immigrant, takes a journey outside of the city where he is offered a permanent job by a farmer, that he turns down because it is too much work.

Then again, if they hadn't come, we might have developed into an even greater nation.

What I hear is a whole lot of bias on your part to give your immigrant ancestors more credit than mine. Like so many others, you slam the people who founded this nation, and give all the credit for its success to the immigrants.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

whyamIhere

The Vet committed a property crime. Find a cop that would arrest him?

Good Luck...

No but to me he doesn't have the moral high ground and in fact disrespected the flag and what its stands for by violating the concept of private property.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

whyamIhere

96. That's pretty darn good.

I would be willing to bet 90% of the population could not break 70.

I did two big modules on American History for A levels ( a advanced high school course) plus have a vested interest in European History from 1600-1975

So my score likely not that of a average Brit

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I do not deny that the colonist slowly but surely took control of the land from the people who where here before us.

Do you think things would have been better for the people who were established in the territories now known as the US if we had not settled N America and left it to the Spanish?

Do you think the US would be the land that it currently is?

Look at Africa, Europe pulled out of Africa, and look at what is going on. The Arabs are now slowly conquering Africa.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

poet1b

I do not deny that the colonist slowly but surely took control of the land from the people who where here before us.

Do you think things would have been better for the people who were established in the territories now known as the US if we had not settled N America and left it to the Spanish?

Do you think the US would be the land that it currently is?

Look at Africa, Europe pulled out of Africa, and look at what is going on. The Arabs are now slowly conquering Africa.

Im not saying that.

My point was you are technically immigrants into the Natives land.

And as for the Original immigrants "pioneers" verses the ones that arrived between 1783 and 1929 I would say all are equally responsible for Americas growth and success. British, Irish, African, French, Spanish, German et al I think they all contributed there bit.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think its wrong of anyone to fly the flag of another country above the United States flag if you live here. It is total disrespect, but then apparently Mexicans have 0 respect for the country they keep sneaking illegally into.

I know people who try and try and wait and wait some more to get into this country legally, some never get accepted, so they never come. They have enough respect for the laws of the United States to not come if they cannot do so legally, and enough respect for the country itself not to fly another countries flag above this countries flag if they do get to come.

Why? Because they wanted to be here, they wanted to be a part of this country... something Mexicans simply do not want.

edit on 9-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

And lets not forget the millions of slaves you brought there even after the British left!

What millions of slaves?

If it was the immigrants who turned the US into a superpower, and not the farmers, then why did they have to come to the US in order to succeed in the first place. Why didn't they develop their nations of origin into super powers?

The industrial revolution was what spurred the massive immigration in the first place, not the other way around.

What is disgusting is the bias obvious and display of ignorance in your post.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by ~Lucidity

By your definition, there are no native Americans, each wave of people who came from Asia would also be immigrants, who just got here ahead of the Europeans.

Maybe so.

However, there were things built on this land before the Europeans got here, by people either indigenous or immigrant.

The rest...I will need to read again and thing about some more. But, again, i think we fundamentally disagree. And, again, that's okay.
edit on 3/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: can't stop typo'ing

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Its not exactly hard to get into the states I been offered a permanent work visa twice! By two different Pharma company s that needed a certain skill.

Never took them as no desire to live in California but to me its seems you just got to learn a skill the USA needs.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I have already stated such.

But you give all the credit to the people who came to the US to join the industrial revolution already taking place.

Those farmers fed those massive numbers of immigrants.

The people who founded the US laid the foundation for all of this to happen, and to ignore that reality is to embrace ignorance.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

crazyewok

whyamIhere

The Vet committed a property crime. Find a cop that would arrest him?

Good Luck...

No but to me he doesn't have the moral high ground and in fact disrespected the flag and what its stands for by violating the concept of private property.

He snapped...

He hopefully would do it differently if he could do it over.

I think what he did, is what many of us feel when we see the Flag disrespected.

It doesn't make it right or legal...I does however make me say Damn Right...

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

poet1b

What millions of slaves?

Thats a bad joke right?
You forget the whole black slave trade that the USA so kindly carried on long after Britain left and even banned slavery.

poet1b
then why did they have to come to the US in order to succeed in the first place. Why didn't they develop their nations of origin into super powers?

Ermm most did! Your forgetting Britain and France were the world superpowers!
But the fact is the USA had lost of unexplored and unexploited land so tempting for a number of reason. Plus if your were Irish life sucked under British rule.

poet1b
The industrial revolution was what spurred the massive immigration in the first place, not the other way around.

I would say they BOTH went hand in hand together

poet1b
What is disgusting is the bias obvious and display of ignorance in your post.

considering your have completely forgotten the black slave trade Im guessing its you that's ignorant.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

poet1b

Yeah, I have already stated such.

But you give all the credit to the people who came to the US to join the industrial revolution already taking place.

Those farmers fed those massive numbers of immigrants.

The people who founded the US laid the foundation for all of this to happen, and to ignore that reality is to embrace ignorance.

Never I said I give all the credit.

I give EQUAL credit.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
everybody like eewoks
edit on 9-3-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Rikku
everybody like eewoks
edit on 9-3-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

Yup they are great

edit on 9-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2014 by crazyewok because: Removed coment as redundent

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

No they really are not. Apart from you ewok.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

No, I was not taking what you said out of context, I believe what you said. If you want to spin it now and say things that are not true about what I was thinking with no way to really know then that's your choice.

You know as well as I do that for people in the UK ( we expect it from Canada and just ignore it most times ) to get in such an emotional state over someone's PROPERTY here in the states its all about America bashing,which is fine, its kind of like calling someone a racist these days, means nothing.......especially when it had nothing to do with the UK.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The southern slaves were mainly bred here not imported.

The immigrants did not move to the unexplored and unexploited land. They went to the cities, where they were exploited by the corporations that formed from the industrial revolution, who brought in massive immigration for cheap labor, and union busting.

The industrial revolution took place first. You ignore the tremendous innovative contributions from the people of the US to develop that industry in the first place.

And once again, you are wrong about the importation of slaves, so yeah, ignorance.

This is what you posted

Immigrants are why you went from a bunch of farmers to a superpower.

There was a HUGE gap between 1783 and 2014. It was immigrants that built your rail roads and it was immigrants that spearheaded the industrial revolution.

Yeah, you did give all the credit to the immigrants here.
edit on 9-3-2014 by poet1b because: Add quote and statement that I should have addressed as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Again no one is bashing the usa but please bleat on more how we are....third time in this thread. Give it a rest.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by Battleline

Again no one is bashing the usa but please bleat on more how we are....third time in this thread. Give it a rest.

Apprently we are bashing them as we are defending property rights.....

I guess Americans dont believe in the righs to private property then

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join