It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 235
<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yesterday on BBC I saw a video clip of a man with a ponytail in Ukraine, beating up a tv news producer ( ? ) because he had reported things in a way that he did not like. I could not hear exactly what was said but the man in the ponytail was a politician, mayoral candidate or something. Does anyone know about that ? I'll go look for a link in the mean time . TIA

That was easier than I thought and apologies if this has been posted.

www.trunews.com...

( ukrainian nazis? thats' not sensational at all )
edit on 21-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

schmae
Yesterday on BBC I saw a video clip of a man with a ponytail in Ukraine, beating up a tv news producer ( ? ) because he had reported things in a way that he did not like. I could not hear exactly what was said but the man in the ponytail was a politician, mayoral candidate or something. Does anyone know about that ? I'll go look for a link in the mean time . TIA

That was easier than I thought and apologies if this has been posted.

www.trunews.com...

( ukrainian nazis? thats' not sensational at all )
edit on 21-3-2014 by schmae because: (no reason given)
The man who assaulted the boss of the television company is an MP for the Svoboda party by the name of Igor Miroshnichenko. I think the idiot even said he didn't think he did anything wrong and was prepared to be investigated. Hopefully he loses his status as an MP. From what I gather Miroshnichenko was unhappy that the television company broadcast Vladimir Putin's speech a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Russian troop buildup now covers essentially the entire Ukrainian border

The buildup of Russian troops now covers essentially the entire Ukrainian border - with some soldiers as close as 50 kilometers away, CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports.

The buildup is raising serious concerns that Russia could invade Ukraine proper.

The beefing up of Russian forces includes tanks and tactical aircraft but is also a very heavy logistical buildup which would allow for
a sustained operation, Martin reports.

The buildup is at least twice the size of what the Russians advertised when they announced the exercise.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Wookiep
Russian troop buildup now covers essentially the entire Ukrainian border

The buildup of Russian troops now covers essentially the entire Ukrainian border - with some soldiers as close as 50 kilometers away, CBS News national security correspondent David Martin reports.

The buildup is raising serious concerns that Russia could invade Ukraine proper.

The beefing up of Russian forces includes tanks and tactical aircraft but is also a very heavy logistical buildup which would allow for a sustained operation, Martin reports.

The buildup is at least twice the size of what the Russians advertised when they announced the exercise.

Given the 'haircuts' from the EU, the gas price about to increase by 40%, halving the pensions while the ones in Crimea have been increasing and the breakdown today of the talks between Ukraine and gazprom, are we sure these troops aren't there to keep the Ukrainians out of Russia?

Nah, I'm kidding. It's going great for them now the EU has their claws in them.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

dragonridr

spy66
reply to post by Wookiep

Russia have just told the US that they have no intentions of going any further into Ukraine.

But this all Depends on the US and the political pupet the US have instaled in Ukraine. Through this pupet the US have Direct political influance in Ukraine.

THE only political pull the west has is because of Putin.Ukraine is turning to the west for help though reluctantly since they dont want to sign on to the EU yet. Another offer was made an declined at least for now probably best though.Because ithink they should wait until a new president is elected in the new elections.

This is not really true. The US have been in talkes With the political party Svoboto since 2010, 2012 and lates last fall 2013.

The US have been supporting a other important thing. The video : "I am a Ukraine". This video was produced by the US. where the owner of this Production Company is a member of the CFR. The conflic have been hashed up by the US for a very long time.

The US have been aquiring political controll through a third party the Svoboto for a long time. Because of this. Russia had to move in suddenly to secure Crimea. This is the reason Russia made their move. Svoboto wanted to end the Military agreement Russia have With Ukraine. Putin could not let that happend.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Doble post

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
There appears to be an on-going stand-off at Ukraine's Belbek military base. As of yet there are no reports of any violence but it could get to that point if the Russian's decide to move in and move the Ukrainian soldiers out.

17.07 The Telegraph's Roland Oliphant has more detail on the stand-off at Belbek air base near Sevastopol, where he has just spoken to Colonel Oleh Podovalov, the facility's deputy commander. Col. Podovalov told him that at around 10am (local time) this morning, Russian troops came to the base to ask them to surrender their weapons and leave Crimea.

The Ukrainian command gave them the same answer as they have on previous occasions: "No". The deputy commander said that their decision is that they will not leave the base until they have orders from Kiev to do so. As of now, he told The Telegraph, the Russians have taken up positions on the hill overlooking the base, above the command post.

The Russian troops have around 10 armoured personnel carriers and one heavy lorry. Col. Podovalov say that if the Russians use force to storm the base, they will fight back. "If they use weapons, we will use weapons. There will be an appropriate response," he said.
Telegraph

Sky News showed a clip of Colonel Oleh Podovalov telling a Russian soldier (presumably his counterpart in rank) where to go.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I fully support the west and it's interests. Im tired of the bs, anyone who dosen't should immediately leave and defect to the devoleping U.S.S.R this situation really dose only boil down to one thing where do you stand. I am not a huge advocate of conflict but who was it who said," if you choose not to choose, you've still made a choice".? I understand the west has made poor choices and may very well be involved in many high profile conspiracy's regardless, i support the west and belive ultimately our justice, our freedoms lead to prosperity unmached anywhere else in the world, furthermore that any country desiring to become closer to our standard of living and practices should be welcomed with open arms and defended if need be. We must stand together, clear Russia will never be out of a cold war. I dont care about the other side i dont care about there sympathys, to me its mute. A situation like this requires you to draw a line, where do you stand?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

TechniXcality
I fully support the west and it's interests. Im tired of the bs, anyone who dosen't should immediately leave and defect to the devoleping U.S.S.R this situation really dose only boil down to one thing where do you stand. I am not a huge advocate of conflict but who was it who said," if you choose not to choose, you've still made a choice".? I understand the west has made poor choices and may very well be involved in many high profile conspiracy's regardless, i support the west and belive ultimately our justice, our freedoms lead to prosperity unmached anywhere else in the world, furthermore that any country desiring to become closer to our standard of living and practices should be welcomed with open arms and defended if need be. We must stand together, clear Russia will never be out of a cold war. I dont care about the other side i dont care about there sympathys, to me its mute. A situation like this requires you to draw a line, where do you stand?

So I see you hopping in a plane to go to kiev? Your support for the west is not going to help you a bit, I mean, look how it has gone for some of them. Our standard of living is slipping by the second, so theres not much to go for. And if you had paid attention, this has been orchestrated by the west, as has been shown here in enough threads(that you pro west crowd dont want to see it its fine, we understand).

[snipped off topic material]
edit on Sat Mar 22 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Yusomad

Im sorry grammer/spelling dose not equal intelligence and to even try to make that connection is not fair, you attack me without any real basis for your conclusion. Next, when do you plan to defect to Russia? I don't understand your sympathys and would like to, your obviously in the west geographically. Please enlighten me why do you support Russia why do you blaim the west? Realistically any Country and or groups or coalitions will support their own interests, so this is not damning to me. The question is why you support your side, and i can answer that and have; can you?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TechniXcality

Gedde Lee

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

schmae

Gedde Lee
yes, sir

edit on 21-3-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

This is not really true. The US have been in talkes With the political party Svoboto since 2010, 2012 and lates last fall 2013.

The US have been supporting a other important thing. The video : "I am a Ukraine". This video was produced by the US. where the owner of this Production Company is a member of the CFR. The conflic have been hashed up by the US for a very long time.

The US have been aquiring political controll through a third party the Svoboto for a long time. Because of this. Russia had to move in suddenly to secure Crimea. This is the reason Russia made their move. Svoboto wanted to end the Military agreement Russia have With Ukraine. Putin could not let that happend.

I assume you have some documentation for these claims that does not originate in the Kremlin. Well?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by spy66

I assume you have some documentation for these claims that does not originate in the Kremlin. Well?
Of course not, but apparently you can look through previous anti-west propaganda posts.

OSCE to send six-month monitoring mission to Ukraine

(Reuters) - Russia joined the 56 other members of the OSCE on Friday in a consensus decision to send a six-month monitoring mission of the rights and security group to Ukraine, diplomats said.

The decision came after several failed attempts in recent weeks to agree on such an observer mission to help defuse the tense situation in the former Soviet republic. Western diplomats have blamed Russia for the delay in agreeing the mission.

The Kiev-based mission will initially consist of 100 civilian monitors but that number may later expand by another 400 personnel. It will initially be deployed in nine places, including Donetsk, a major city in largely Russian-speaking eastern Ukraine. The text of the decision does not mention Crimea, which Russia annexed from Ukraine this week.
This is good news but Russia's Foreign Minister is an absolute disgrace. He walked out when his Ukrainian counterpart was talking. I still don't think this will stop Russia invading Eastern Ukraine and there are rumours circulating that pro-Russian groups will be staging violent protests in Donestk and Kharkiv over the weekend to provide Vladimir Putin with the excuse he needs to invade.
edit on 21-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Do you relly want to know why people blame bankers or the new world order or the USA? Its simple they hate their life not going anywhere or doing anything. But truth is thats their fault the world is what you make it takes initiative to go places. See its much easier to blame someone else then look at why they arent achieving what they want in life.So its obvious if they were doing well they wouldnt care who was in charge could be the NWO or Ronald Mcdonald they wouldnt care. Then the other thing is bashing the US is just popular in other countries part of it jealousy and again part is needing someone to blame its not there countries fault see above.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by spy66

There actually is a lot of documentation on this. I started out by first Looking up State dept. Victoria Nuland. And worked from there. Youtube is probably a good Place to look.

A lot of it is on tape and written in News leters. Its not hard to find that the US supported Svoboto to create this conflict.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

TechniXcality

How's the Kool-aid?

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

spy66

DJW001
reply to post by spy66

There actually is a lot of documentation on this. I started out by first Looking up State dept. Victoria Nuland. And worked from there. Youtube is probably a good Place to look.

A lot of it is on tape and written in News leters. Its not hard to find that the US supported Svoboto to create this conflict.

In other words, no, you can find absolutely no credible documentation to support your claims, so you are throwing out a phone conversation tapped by the KGB FSB that can be misinterpreted to imply that the US may have been involved in the uprising, although all it really says is that the US and EU may have different interests in Ukraine.Then you expect me to do your work for you, digging through Russian propaganda? Get real. You have zero evidence to back your claim, and you know it. YouTube would probably be a good place to start? Sheesh.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

TechniXcality

you should draw the line on the borders of US. In that case the world would be a better place.

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This one is an older piece by the Vice news crew, that shows Yanukovich's residence...

It is mentioned in the comments that 6 big trucks were loaded up when the former leader fled to Russia, no idea what they would have contained, but looking at what was left behind is any clue, those trucks were loaded with some serious valuables...

I appreciate the reserve the folks who took over the place showed in this clip, basically saying that the place belongs to the people, my guess would be due to the claims of heavy corruption, and theft of the nation's riches to build his playground..?

new topics

top topics

<< 232  233  234    236  237  238 >>

join