It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Any ideas on what's up on Ocean Intervention 3 Rov 1 with green glowing things looking like they're going into a portal on the magnification window?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

Uh...no. That is some mighty weird looking stuff though. I wasn't able to make out what type of receptacle or vessel it was flowing( if that is actually what was happening) into. I'm up now though.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I don't know how many others are at this point. I'm still watching, but am at a total loss on this. It's stopped now, and I wish I knew how to do screen captures. That was totally UFO territory!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Sorry guys, I inserted a picture link but it put the whole photo album page from my profile with links to my account and all in it so I removed it. Will study the instructions better.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by wirefly]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

so, more strangeness in the inset window. That arm swung around a some blue lights or tubes lit up for just a few seconds then the whole ROV moved off a bit and it seemed clear it was working on the top hat, whatever it was doing. Least it looked like that to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I think they just fixed or replaced one of the Corexit sprayers.
Late....need sleep. Will try to upload pics tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Is that a body in skandi rov 2? (Rightclick, View image)

Edit: Damn I really wish I would have took more pics. It looked and behaved like a body.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by oilwatchernx2]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostpigeon
I don't know how many others are at this point. I'm still watching, but am at a total loss on this. It's stopped now, and I wish I knew how to do screen captures. That was totally UFO territory!

Man I saw that, it was creepy. Isn't that 5000ft down?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

The link to the external image came up ATS error 404, but good capture on the post itself! Glad you got that. When some of the others filter back in maybe someone will have an explanation! Thanks for posting that.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by oilwatchernx2

Yeah it is. Maybe its like late night TV right now - all kinds of weirdness, but the last half hour to hour there has been some freaky action. I think the body in the oil may be a sort of extended staring at the lava lamp effect. We had kitten and baby faces last night as I recall, but the lights and the action on the ROV with the inset was not our imagination and not anything I can explain as to function or form. That's where (and it happens often enough) the tech here totally outruns me. We need the Brits back; they seemed to have a line on at least some of what what going on with this kind of activity, but they're catching much needed sleep. At least tomorrow is a Saturday and maybe they'll be back soon.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I hope someone is recording all of this. Just recently I saw a ufo over my apartment and my friend said she saw one on the same night.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
As far as my abilities to do that, they're about nil. Anybody else on this? I did see an article just now which reinforces the urgency of getting the job done here and soon:

news.firedoglake.com...

Probably late night contribution for another thread, but since things are lagging I thought I'd go hunting info.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If you looked closely, those "green glowing blobs" were blurry characters, scrolling on an internal display of some type, being reflected.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
May make sense, but did you see the original motion picture of it? It now looks like Skandi one is working on the ROV Ocean Intervention III Rov 1 that the screen shot picturing earlier when the green lights were scrolling. It just finished a bit back, but Ocean Intervention was down after it had moved toward another ROV (skandi II?) and some interaction was going on as Ocean intervention went black and skandi 2 was showing a close up of a door opening containing a silver disc for a while.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Skandi is back at work on it again. Something opened up and cicuits and wires inside. I do think you're probably right about the scrolling display earlier. Still have no idea what's being worked on.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Sorry the last two posts should substitute Enterprise ROV 2 for Skandi ROV one. I must be wearing out because I keeping typing skanki rov 1 instead of skandi!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Signing out for the night all; good luck keep track of all this and I'll see you back in a number of hours from now. Thanks for the great info and good OP!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatientZer0
If you looked closely, those "green glowing blobs" were blurry characters, scrolling on an internal display of some type, being reflected.

Probably a stock ticker, reminding them that with every passing minute this well remains uncapped, down down down goes their stock price as well as their retirement-in-style prospects.

So, has anyone heard any news, were they able to locate that pipe in the relief well with all that earlier work at the BOP?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
From what I could see yesterday/last night (currently 11am here in good old Blighty) the job was involving fitting some hydraulic rams onto the flex riser. That scrolling readout appeared to be showing pressures and all the shenanigans the ROVs were up was associated with the hydraulics associated with such equipment.

By the placement of the hydraulic rams on the flex riser, the assumption is that they are preparing to straighten out the riser, I assume to get it as bob-on as possible as preperation for the fitting of the new cap.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join