It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Yep I hear you Morpheas, if it's a hydraulic hose, then we are go for actuators to stabilise the outflow pipe, and possibly an appearance by the diamond cutter.

I only say this because it looks like the yellow blocks (and subsequent green actuator things) have been placed on the side the pipe seems to "list" to.

Man I hope this makes sense. I've had a few buds now.

Many thanks JustMike for explaining to Misfit. You did it way better than me.

Forgive me, but I read Misfits post as a finger-pointing mouthy individual, who just aint grasping what is goin on in this thead. Thanks for input today, and goodnight.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostpigeon

"I did have the distinction of plating the first boards for the digital watch, BTW. What a piece of crap those were!"

Cheers man, I had one of those! Pleased to meet ya!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sleep well and keep your top hat on!
I've got a long night ahead so I'll be in and out of here for another ten or twelve hours. It's hard to tear away when so much is at stake and and you actually have a chance to "look over the shoulder" of the people doing this. God bless all Tiny Tim!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
What is all the white smokey looking stuff bellowing out of it now? I havent seen that before. Of course I only get the chance to look at it for a few hours each night at work

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dwarfcat

Read the threads from the beginning to become enlightened with what is going on. You will find all the answers by reading the entire post, and yes, it's compelling I think.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
i too would llike to know about the smoky stuff... i know you said to read the hole post.. I am dyslexic and find it hard to digest large amounts of information.
a small answer would be well appreciated. discussion is a better for me.

kind regards T

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thawker

Apologies thawker, it's just that it has been mentioned too many times, and if people would just read the thread, they would find the question has been answered at least 10 times already.

It's dispersant.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
this is just another thank you to our "well watchers" who have diligently reported on this thread with up to the minute descriptions of whats going on down there..

you guys rock!

~meathead

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ok it now looks as if the Ocean Intervention ROV 2 has encountered a problem.
It has been going back and forth all night (in the UK) attaching yellow blocks and green things to the outflow pipe of the BOP.
It looked like smoke coming from one of the "electrodes", and if that is what previous posters meant by "smoke" then I apologise.

Has Ocean Intervention run into a prob?

It keeps inspecting the inside of it's cage, whether that is because it is looking for a problem, or the controller is awaiting instructions, I'm not sure.

Will keep ya posted.

[edit on 2/7/2010 by Thistled]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
Forgive me, but I read Misfits post as a finger-pointing mouthy individual, who just aint grasping what is goin on in this thead.

Excuse you? I inquired as to whether posts are from speculation, from known facts, or from field knowledgeable members, but it's me that's a finger-pointing mouthy individual?

No wonder I quit posting here a while back, so many folks are just plain cantankerous and crotchety.

ON topic ....... of my saying I thought I say crew-members wear gas masks - I saw later a face of a crew member that had ear protection similar to ear muffs, but were down over his cheeks (such as I do on job sites to hear someone). That's all it was.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Misfit]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

"I inquired as to whether posts are from speculation, from known facts, or from field knowledgeable members"

and if you were "reading" the posts you would find the answers to your questions.

It was your tone which lead to my assumption / criticism.
You spoiled the "flow" of the thread with your abrupt "on what authority do you have to populate these boards" attitude.

It's YOUR tone which is cantankerous misfit.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

You posted the gas-masks post as some sorta drama-queen. The sorta "OMG the BOP farted - did you see that - we're going to die!" attitude we can do without on this thread.

I know this thread is about what is going on and what we can see, but I also saw the shot of the rover on ship, and there were no gas masks and I shook my head and tutted and you went way down in my estimations from that point on. Sorry.

Now I take your posts with a pinch of salt.

Amazing, the power of text, eh?

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Misfit

and if you were "reading" the posts you would find the answers to your questions.

Apparently I missed whatever posting it is which you elude to, or I would not have inquired, would I.

It was your tone which lead to my assumption / criticism.
You spoiled the "flow" of the thread with your abrupt "on what authority do you have to populate these boards" attitude.

It's YOUR tone which is cantankerous misfit.

I asked, simply:

- are these claims posted as facts?
- are these claims simply speculations based upon observation?
- are the posters making these claims knowledgeable in the pertinent field of this undertaking?

It is you that took it as questioning on what authority do you have to populate these boards.
There was no tone, it was 3 simple questions that did not require elaboration.

You posted the gas-masks post as some sorta drama-queen. The sorta "OMG the BOP farted - did you see that - we're going to die!" attitude we can do without on this thread.

What the hell is wrong with you? You get 'drama-queen gonna die' from that single post? THAT'S adding drama to something that just isn't there. I don't think it's salt that you are in need of.

Jeebuz, this site has become rampant with the likes of GLP. Ask a question and someone goes off-topic nuts over it. All you had to do was answer the goddamn question, or ignore it, and it would have been done and over with.

Tell you what .............. good bye.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I can't believe there are people on the web who think if the BOP pops, everything within 250 miles is doomed.

All you will see is a bopless outflow to the ocean, not too dis-similar to now, but minus the bop. Some people.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

"What the hell is wrong with you? You get 'drama-queen gonna die' from that single post? THAT'S adding drama to something that just isn't there. I don't think it's salt that you are in need of. "

Look at the flow Misfit, your comment was drama queen.

"Jeebuz, this site has become rampant with the likes of GLP. Ask a question and someone goes off-topic nuts over it. All you had to do was answer the goddamn question, or ignore it, and it would have been done and over with.

Tell you what .............. good bye."

Now if you had posted in that tone you would have not gone down in my estimations

Goodnight Misfit.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

"I saw later a face of a crew member that had ear protection similar to ear muffs"

Are ear-muffs not ear protection? Are they not the same thing?
They sure look the same.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
OK Thistled, I'm with Thawker and Dwarfcat. I've reviewed the last 27 pages and I didn't see an explanation of the "white smokey stuff". Can you clue us in please?

Thanks in advance...

[Edit]
Oh God I went blind reading all the earlier pages and missed the "it's dispersant" at the bottom of your post. Sorry, man.

LOL

[edit on 2-7-2010 by LookingIn]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Look at the 7th post on this page then.

Like I said READ the posts.

DAMMIT! I also realised you just caught up.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Thistled and Misfit............can you guys calm the hell down?

Jesus H. Christ!

Nobody on this entire freakin site comes here for this crap!

Your BOTH off topic with personal issues!

Can we please get back to the purpose of this thread?

Both of you were making awesome contributions until you had one small disagreement, and then it All went to hell!

Agree to disagree!!!

Don't turn it around on me either, because I'm just saying what everyone here is thinking!

We are ALL stressed about this cluster&$*^ !!

Can we all try to work together.....pretty please?????????????

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Can anyone quickly explain for me the command structure and C&C for all these ROVs from different ships? Who's giving them marching orders moment by moment, and who makes the call on what plan they are going to attempt?

For example at the moment it looks like Ocean Intervention III's two ROVs are diving together. How is this all coordinated?

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join