It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
On one of the bp audio information updates ,Kent Wells Technical Update: Subsea Containment & Relief Wells - 28 June , a question was asked at the end from one of the press regarding the angle this thing is leaning at (about 5%). Information was given stating that they would be using jacks and support to compensate for any additional weight of the new cap.

link to update and interview(audio) bp.concerts.com...

link to tec update page www.bp.com...

hope this helps

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
would they attempt to straighten it?? would that be dangerous?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by thawker]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by PatientZer0

So, has anyone heard any news, were they able to locate that pipe in the relief well with all that earlier work at the BOP?

I think that is something that will happen within the next week.

It seems as if a new cap will fit the BOP and about a week later they will plug it.
Could all be over within the next 2-3 weeks possibly?

[edit on 3/7/2010 by Thistled]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Interventions operator just tracked this liddle fella
Made me smile for a minute.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Poor things lungs will be full of dispersant.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

Well, I think he would have gills not lungs :p
but yep, he'd not be too well.
I'm guessing he is some kind of deep sea Goby species??

Skandi 2 showing disruption in usual stream of flow, billowing forwards.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys

Well, I think he would have gills not lungs :p
but yep, he'd not be too well.
I'm guessing he is some kind of deep sea Goby species??

Gills / lungs. You know what I mean.

Just woke up after a late night and catching up.
Still getting my head together.

Ocean Inter ROV 1 is up to some interesting stuff today.

Check out the Enterprise ROV 1, and you can see just how much the hat is leaning over. They are gonna have to lift and twist I think, as the BOP is being jackhammered by one of the fins. Ouch.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I've just got home and put the feed back on. So, I'm still back read a few pages to catch up (this thread is great for that)

I'm unsure what Ocean Intervention 1 is up to, still trying to find my bearings. I'll just blog every now and then what I see.

I think something has changed the flow coming out from the skandi rov 2 feed. The hat seems in the same spot, so maybe some more metal fatigue in the upper bop pipes?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ocean Inter ROV 1 is looking at a manifold or some sort of distribution point right now.
I think that is one of the floating riser pipes connected to it.

The rover is holding a control unit in it's claw, and it's staring at a control unit on the pipe riser manifold thingy. lol.
The control unit on the pipe thing has a panel with a dial, and you can clearly see the O and C position on the dial. So I am guessing open and closed.

I think the rovers task is to replace said panel with the one in it's claw, and then they will open the valve and let more oil flow to one of the floating risers. Collection could increase today. Fingers crossed, as the tophat is listing badly just now, and looks dangerous.
UPDATE: It's task is not to replace but to add the control unit to the panel. It has a dial, so I am guessing it can monitor pressure or volume of flow passing to the floating riser pipe. (presuming it is a floating riser pipe).

Disclaimer I am guessing as to what is going on, I am not an engineer, nor do I have any experience or association with the industry. This is pure guess work. Collectively, we can put 2 and 2 together, and hopefully come up with 4.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Update for everyone:

All the rovers are busy today.

Skandi ROV 1 is on Accumulator Skid Ops.
Skandi ROV 2 is looking at BOP and listing top hat. Flow is up today I think.
Enterprise ROV1 is looking at BOP / top hat on other side.
Enterprise ROV2 is looking at a noose, connected to a rather large hook. Looks like it will be lifting floating riser soon. The water is filthy. lots of floaters.
Boa Deep Sea ROV 1 is descending with a rather large CDP2 pile installation.
Boa Deep Sea ROV 2 is also descending with the CDP2 but is on top of it looking down.
Ocean Intervention III ROV 1 is watching pressure gauge on floating riser pipe. It is now just over 3000 psi (I think it's PSI)
Ocean Intervention III ROV 2 is asleep.
Viking Poseidon ROV 1 and 2 are asleep.
Q4000 ROV 1 is hovering above a large unit with the writing inlet. Manifold of some sort perhaps?
Q4000 ROV 2 is floating in the same spot and doesn't seem to be doing anything. But at least it's there at the bottom of the sea and can be called upon whenever.

That's the latest I have at 1539 GMT.

If you can, check out Ocean Intervention, it's been doing some sterling work since 1200 GMT.

Disclaimer: I am guessing as to what is going on, I am not an engineer, nor do I have any experience or association with the industry. This is pure guess work. Collectively, we can put 2 and 2 together, and hopefully come up with 4.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Enterprise ROV 2 is now descending with the noose and hook we seem to have been staring at all day.

It is also encountering some nasty pockets of oil on the way down. I do get the impression it is above the top hat.

Could we see the top hat coming off today? Something is going down, and it could well happen in the next 2 hours or so, as the top hat is now leaning rather badly. Looks like it will fall off within the next 30 mins if they don't do something about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
recently Admiral Allen, talking to the AP in a conference said the BOP was leaning 10-12 degrees, not 5....?

source

[edit on 3/7/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I fear for the connection of the pipe and BOP at the seabed.

It must be under a terrific stress just now.

For the first time in days, Scandi ROV 2 with the dispersant rod has moved back from the BOP. Something is going down.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Am I the only one who saw the body last night? 2 arms a head a torso. They smokescreened it with something pretty quick and changed what they were looking at. I think a body from the explosion may have made its way down there.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oilwatchernx2

OMG you saw that too - I thought it must be my imagination even tho I was pretty sure at what I was looking at. I didnt get a screen shot so I wasn't going to say anything here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is a really serious move in the wrong direction.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by oilwatchernx2

OMG you saw that too - I thought it must be my imagination even tho I was pretty sure at what I was looking at. I didnt get a screen shot so I wasn't going to say anything here on ATS.

This is the only screen that I captured.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I don't see a body, but I do see a big mound of gunk on a tool that has at its top a mound that resembles a face. Is that what you all are looking at?

'Cause otherwise, I don't see it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

recently Admiral Allen, talking to the AP in a conference said the BOP was leaning 10-12 degrees, not 5....?

source

[edit on 3/7/10 by cosmicpixie]

Kent Wells tec update.. if you listen to the question at around 26.55mins he states "bop is vertical but the flex joint has got 5 degree tilt.flex joint will be supported by jacks and might be straightened to compencate for aditional weight"

source

kent wells tec update is more recent...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by thawker]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
@Ceriddwen
In the center of the screen is the arm (between ops and hdg you can see what looks like a hand. There was more of the body but it drifted behind the tool and offscreen.

I only managed to cap his arm :C
I highlighted some areas. I swear I can see his forehead in that one spot.

Is it possible that its a body from the original explosion?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by oilwatchernx2]
The smokescreen was a large puff of dispersant. *puts on tinfoil hat* BP is going to all costs to avoid bad pr.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by oilwatchernx2]

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join