It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It's nice to be able to sit and watch them working like this. I have a better feeling about the whole situation now.

I don't know if it's just me, or the dispersant, but the outflow seems to be less feisty today.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Where can I see this new tophat?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceriddwen
... have said that they thought the second well would be the permanent open well used for retrieval of the oil ...

I do recall BP going on the record stating that their intentions are to stop and seal the well permanently and leave it be. There is no way they are going to want to hang around that thing after this mess anyhow. They would be fools to even consider it. And who knows, it may all blow up too, once they try to stop it. I can picture it already. "Success, we've stopped the well!" Everybody is happy and cheers! Then a week later, oil coming up from all over the place, through a spiderweb like maze of fissures ... and them KABOOM!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Ok, that shouldn't make me laugh but darned if it didn't!

I guess it has just reached a point where ya gotta laugh or not stop crying.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

im not so sure.. this all reminds me of the banking situation.. It all goes wrong .. yet we are suckers for more of the same. no learning by mistakes and creating something new..just same old.

it boils down to greed i suppose. if there is black gold down there and a insatiable demand for it on the surface.. it will inevitably be drilled.

I cant see bp giving it up. why would they.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If it was up to me I would construct a large dome that can cover the whole damn thing then fasten and seal itself to the seafloor.

They seem to be more focused on collecting the damn oil than they are on fixing the leak.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by oilwatchernx2]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oilwatchernx2

Well, they did try that the first week.

Didn't work too well due to the methane hydrates.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

They already tried that with the cofferdam and it failed.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sorry for the delay. I need to use 3 browsers in order to do this. Don't ask.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
TopHat LMRP is gone again.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

It's still there, you just can't see it.

If it wasn't there, the plume would be thinner.

No need to panic.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I suppose if they have changed their mind and want to hang around to pump that thing dry, they'll have to make sure that the bottom kill fails. As I understand it, those relief wells aren't meant for production. Of course, that's an awful lot of money to spend on those relief wells if it's all for show and tell.

Maybe they are pretending to drill those relief wells. Maybe they are drilling two more production wells instead with the intent to tell us later that the bottom kill failed. I think that was their original intent to begin with had this first well not blown out.

They would have needed to drill more wells to get production really ramped up. They would need to increase output if oil from the middle east were to be disrupted due to conflict breaking out. They were trying to rush that original well along as quickly as they could and have it proven before any move against Iran could be taken. They had a deadline. When that well blew, I bet that postponed any plans concerning Iran, ha.

Those ROVs look pretty busy this evening. Looks like they are still trying to meet some upcoming deadline from the looks of things this evening. They look busy.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Is Skandi 2 ROV tangled on another ROV's umbilical cord, the yellow one draped from the top of it's camera view?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

[edit on 3-7-2010 by thawker]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Not sure yet, according to bearings it's moving.

Interesting to see it's status as "BOP Monitoring".
Never seen that before.

Looks like they are keeping a very close eye on it now.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

That umbilical / cord in the Skandi 2 view looks like the same yellow one going into BOA Deep C 2's view...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

Hmph. Gone from both views now.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thawker

What are we looking for thawker?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
nothing really.. first time i seen it blow dispersant every where.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
What are the two BOA Deep C ROVs doing, playing with those bricks and balloons in the equipment tray? They spent a lot of time just trying to line them up in there...

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join