It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like slowly the mainstream media is reporting about this less and less. At first, when BP came out with the live cam, I honestly thought that it was just bs to make the American people feel better. But now as the weeks go by and the images from this live cam are becoming more and more frightening to watch, I'm not so sure.
Also, I've notived the past few times that I've looked for the link to the cam thats on on msn, it hasn't been there. Granted I could just go to BP's website but I don't even wanna touch them with my computer!
It seems like less attention is being paid (through the average tv -news-watcher's eyes) to this situation everyday. It should be the opposite, obviously since IT"S THE WORST ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER OF MY LIFETIME!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it seem like slowly the mainstream media is reporting about this less and less. At first, when BP came out with the live cam, I honestly thought that it was just bs to make the American people feel better. But now as the weeks go by and the images from this live cam are becoming more and more frightening to watch, I'm not so sure.
Also, I've notived the past few times that I've looked for the link to the cam thats on on msn, it hasn't been there. Granted I could just go to BP's website but I don't even wanna touch them with my computer!
It seems like less attention is being paid (through the average tv -news-watcher's eyes) to this situation everyday. It should be the opposite, obviously since IT"S THE WORST ENVIRONMENTAL DISASTER OF MY LIFETIME!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LookingIn

All day they have been dealing with the installation of the CDP pile. Basically it's an anchor which the floating riser pipes will connect to.
That's the pipes the ships can connect to and disconnect when bad weather comes.
The buoys are associated with that.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chanel

i agree.. its the same with everything in our throw away culture.. get bored of something get something new... like i said earlier it reminds me of the financial crisis.. which by the way never went away. there is no apatite, or even possibility, for change when it is the multinationals running the show and not elected governments.

Tim

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Back on topic.

Top hat is beginning to list badly (again).
There's lots of activity tonight (this morning - UK), but I need to hit the sac.

Big thumbs up to all the posts today. Nice 1.

Nite peeps.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Thanks for all the informative posts. I look at the live feeds daily and without this site would have no clue whats going on underwater.. However is there a site out here that can direct me to whats going on above the water now that storm Alex has gone? Just curious.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Is anyone watching now? Enterprise 2 seems to be going over the debris field of the rig. It just got caught on something. I don't think I saw anything useful, it was just interesting, in a morbid kind of way.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Looks like they have stabilisers around base of well. It appears to be being held down and straighter....? Also gush seems less all over the place
E ROV
Skandi

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Not seen any stabilisers round the base yet, but Ocean Intervention ROV 2 currently has a still saw and is trying to remove something from it's toolbox thingy.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Thistled because of darn grammar]

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Thistled]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
what is Ocean Intervention III - ROV 2 cutting at ?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don't recall which thread I posted taking note of the fact that this is no longer an opener for network news. The sad news is the American attention span isn't all that long, which is exactly why we all have to keep an eye open for those who can't see. We can't let this disappear into obscurity. But then I don't think the situation will afford us that luxury. People are posting their intent to evac. Katrina & Rita showed us how chaotic a poorly planned evacuation can go. If I were in the area, I would be backing up to a safe distance & pray it wasn't necessary.

k

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
an backup plan not mentioned before is being almost completed.
more information can/could come from here.

pictures of vessels (not all)

[edit on 4-7-2010 by telfyr]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
publications & presentations

Do note !
In order to get a free copy of our annual report (duch or english version),
please send an e -mail to
corporatecommunications@smit.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
quick question here folks... i was not aware of "sub" stations that are a part of BP, for example here in northern california around the chico area, we have lots of stations here called am/pm/ arco..... am i wrong here thinking that they are part of the BP? www.bp.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thawker

nothing special, just part of the whole operation.
maybe it could get in the way, maybe the changed plans, or just a test to see if it can cut on that corner etc
nothing to worry about.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
RE: Sub-stations

What's this got to do with the topic guys?

Sorry, but I've been away for ages and can't get any feeds on my mobile.

Just wanna know what's going on, and have no interest in which sub-stations belong to BP.

Sorry.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Thistled

Only Skandi 1 and Enterprise 1 are showing the leak. Skandi 2 and Enterprise 2 seem to be navigating to the site. The other ROVs are offline. Top hat seems level and stable, no bounce at the moment. All of the yellow rods and bars that were around the top hat the last few days no longer seem to be visible. Seems like maybe they accomplished the mission they were working on the last 24-36 hours?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Thistld, everything looks the same. Most ROV's are not operating at this time. Probably taking a holiday like the rest of the US.

The electrodes or whatever they are around the bottom of the top hat are still there. No other views currently available so that we can see the BOP, etc.

Just a status quo right now.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thistled
RE: Sub-stations

What's this got to do with the topic guys?

Sorry, but I've been away for ages and can't get any feeds on my mobile.

Just wanna know what's going on, and have no interest in which sub-stations belong to BP.

Sorry.

okay.
there are people that do want to know some extra things.
some asked a question, i made that question a bit more clear for others in this threat.
understand that you are surely not the only one in here.
please , rethink what you are posting.!
it begins to sound like really off topic.
you can get most information a few pages back.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join