It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I don't think it's out of control. They wanted a total collapse to bring the solution, world government to save the day. The only way that all countries accept it is if all countries suffer from the crisis.

Anyway, this was planned.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day

Originally posted by dingleberry77
reply to post by redhatty

Sorry, still don't get it.

Why would someone want to dump Asian and by US, considering the US is in the toilet?

because that makes US assets cheap as hell... and easier to buy vast quantities at a time...

this isn't a speculative move on someone's part... this is sheer market manipulation... it will be good for the U.S. in the short term... until they decide to cash out... then we will plummet faster than you could ever imagine...

Its all about manipulation at this point...

This says it all folks. Very well spoken nj2day. In laymen's terms: This is a temporary "ego boost" for the American economy, which will soon terminate into a crisis MUCH larger than we're currently facing. I can only suggest you all prepare as well as you can. There's no telling what lies ahead of this forthcoming event, but it's not going to be pretty by any means.

- Strype

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
reply to post by danman23

AIG is trading at 85 cents. If AIG is behind this, they sure are going about saving their company the WRONG way.

This was BIG, more like a central bank crashing big. But there is no news of that having happened

I heard a credible story about BOFA hiring a couple young quantum physics professors from BROWN last year. The story goes, they were to hired on to reformulate BOFA's books and assets using ridiculously complex models. Like math that very few people could decipher or even comprehend. Then the TEAM was then tasked to Piece back the proper accounting , so this tinkering/cooking was kept undetected.

The motive: mask insolvency and DEBT of BOFA...

Not a theory, but 1 step removed lament I over heard.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I don't think it's out of control. They wanted a total collapse to bring the solution, world government to save the day. The only way that all countries accept it is if all countries suffer from the crisis.

Anyway, this was planned.

Depends who's control you're talking about. Out of *our* control? Maybe. Out of *their* control? It depends who you include in *them.* I'm not determined anybody is in full control at this point, but who knows?

Back on topic. World Government to save whos day? Yours? I'm sorry you feel that way, but please speak for yourself. World Government isn't on the top of my (or many other peoples') priority list, nor is it saving anything at the moment.

Based on your very last sentense, you'd have no problem watching entire countries suffer as long as a certain agenda is reached. If this is the case, then you, my friend, belong with every other corrupt mindslave who mistakenly thinks he knows what is "best" for humankind. You're no different than *them.* You're simply (according to *them*) "a terrorist."

Rebut please,

Strype

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Mr. Market doesn't react well to relative dollar strength...for one thing, it's hard on the export business.

Conversely, the inflationary impact of currency debasement/weakness, can ultimately be reflected in higher nominal stock values. Example Wiemar: German stock market zoomed to record highs as the currency fell to zero.

GL

Meltdown 101: How a strong dollar hurts profits

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
*random thought*

I wonder if a grassroots movement could non-violently revolt against our Fiat system... simply by organizing millions of people to cash in their dollars for currency from another country...

The flood of surplus USD should crash the currency...

God... I need coffee.... my tin foil hat is starting to constrict the blood flow lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
WE ARE GOING TO HIT 'EM WITH THE 10TH AMENDMENT.....the horror of the civil war was not fought over slavery you know!!!

gt

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
*random thought*

I wonder if a grassroots movement could non-violently revolt against our Fiat system... simply by organizing millions of people to cash in their dollars for currency from another country...

The flood of surplus USD should crash the currency...

God... I need coffee.... my tin foil hat is starting to constrict the blood flow lol

I'm in if you are. I've got 4 acres in New Zealand. You with me?

Who needs a second line with a plan such as this?

- Strype

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

LOL hell yahz... I love NZ...

man... would something like that send the markets into a tizzy or what? LOL

we better hurry though... my sense of reason is coming back now that I got me some coffee lol

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

Thanks for that Link!!! Live/Configurable...now just have to play with it/modify it for my needs on my webpage...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

But if someone buys $, doesn't that mean that the $ gets stronger ? And the weaker other currencies will help exports from Asia and Europe.

This is how little I understand
In fact I understand nothing from the original article or why it's a problem.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Looks like this could be quite a day. I've just posted the latest figures in the market data thread. Things are looking jittery in Russia and the Czech Republic, in particular.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

yah, it looks like it might be an eventful day yet!

I doubt its the big crash though... all the failsafes in place will see that it doesn't happen... (if the DOW drops too far before certain hours... it closes for the day).

It'll be like any other day... massive losses at the beginning... regained by lunch... another severe drop after lunch... then, I imagine Obama will sign the stimulus, announce the Automakers loans less than an hour before closing... that way we can puff up the DJIA and make it look "not so bad" before closing...

Thats my prediction though... however, I do want to keep an eye on Russia and eastern europe... if they take a sudden downward turn... all bets are off

edit to add: Watch Austria... thats heading south rather quickly...

[edit on 17-2-2009 by nj2day]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

Russia has dropped a further 0.3% since I just posted above!

Just stating the facts...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Originally posted by FiatLux

But you see, that is the point. That is the reason they were so mad about it. They are trying to cover all of this new money we keep printing up, and it`s value was dropping because of it, so they were afraid the dollar would die out at the rate we are printing it.

Fiat, even if the printing presses ran non stop (which they aren't - there is no actual printing going on) they couldn't even come close to filling the hole already created by the loss of wealth that has already occurred.

The WHOLE WORLD has lost about 40% of it's wealth - much of it since September of last year.

It is my impression that the wealth has just shifted, while others have lost confidence in the fiat money debt system. ....The whole world has NOT lost 40% of its wealth. Money and gold do not just disappear. Confidence disappears due to a shift of the money through a failure in the system. This is how the rich get richer and the poor -- poorer.

Who is privy to the conspiracy is getting the wealth and soon...the power that follows it.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

LOL gold is up 2.2%

DOW futures... -1.5%...

Plat and silver up too... some pretty high percentages given the time...

yah.. this will be something to watch... looks like panic is starting to come in...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
...and Austria tanked 0.5% in the same few moments!

Eastern Europe to default?...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There are numerous rumours that Eastern Europe is on the verge of a major default. Picture the scenario: it will spread to Western Europe and effect the wreckage in Spain, Italy, Portugal and Ireland.

An unprecedented crisis - countless defaults. In other words, Europe would have to unify and become a nation state. New currency, new government and a single nation (Europe)

The acrid, repugnant and dissolute policy of federalism will be implemented in Europe.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

That was my thought as well...Eastern Europe has been dragging them down for awhile...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Yah, Eastern europe is screwed... and will default eventually...

I'm not confident the IMF will step in and help either...

The IMF only has 1 silver bullet left... and I see them putting it in the DAX or FTSE instead...

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join