It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

But you see, that is the point. That is the reason they were so mad about it. They are trying to cover all of this new money we keep printing up, and it`s value was dropping because of it, so they were afraid the dollar would die out at the rate we are printing it.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
So If the worst were to happen how would it play out in FX and Stocks?

Eastern European Countries are already in trouble. If their currencies devalue enough, the country will fall, like Iceland did.

That's what we don't want to see happen. There has already been some major devaluation action tonight, we HOPE to see some corrective action. The zloty had some, but it retraced half again within minutes.

If an East Europe country tumbles, it will set off a reaction that will travel to West Europe and on from there.

The S&P futures are already losing, so is the Dow futures. How this will play out in a little over 6 hours here, I have no idea

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by danman23
Anyways, I think I understand what you are saying.. if they switched the currencies you would see it happen.
But i was thinking they have had, what, 5 months to move the money around and flip it (double it, triple it) Then say.. the money has been in euro, yen etc.. for the past month.. they put it all into USD at once.. like what you are seeing.. right?

"THEY" who?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

Rothschild or Vatican

I believe it is Bloomberg that estimated Rothschild Dynasty to be worth 600 - 900 Trillion USD. I've read that the Bible states the Jews are to control the monetary system of the world and are give domain to wield the power it brings. Whether this is true or just another Jewish propaganda stunt (some think Jews wrote the Bible in their favor), the world may never know.

This isn't to say that it isn't a nation doing this, but to discount a single person or group would be naive. It is also said that Rothschild is a front for the Vatican Black Pope -- something about Vatican setting up Freemasonry and making The House of Rothschild. It boils down to Vatican seeing itself as the face of God here on Earth and that if God is all things, then He is good and evil (concurrently). Supposedly, Vatican believes that good can only come through evil and the two are not mutually exclusive.

That's all I know and it ain't much.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by TheDarkNight]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux

But you see, that is the point. That is the reason they were so mad about it. They are trying to cover all of this new money we keep printing up, and it`s value was dropping because of it, so they were afraid the dollar would die out at the rate we are printing it.

Fiat, even if the printing presses ran non stop (which they aren't - there is no actual printing going on) they couldn't even come close to filling the hole already created by the loss of wealth that has already occurred.

The WHOLE WORLD has lost about 40% of it's wealth - much of it since September of last year.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I think the culprit is China.

The spending bill is about to pass tomorrow and from the press release Gibbs gave he was talking the plan down already. I don't think anybody has very much confidence in this borrow and spend and pump money into the markets deal anymore.

Not after Japan just declared they are in a depression and they are working on a third 'stimulus' package.

It seems to me China is dumping everything but their own currency and converting it to USD's so they don't take as big a hit when all this extra paper gets put into circulation.

It is very possible that a few billion from the TARP got into their hands.

It also makes sense when you consider our brilliant treasury secretary is asking for upwards of 2 trillion more.

Like it has been mentioned before China sinks if we sink. Of course I could be wrong. And probably am. But I at least figure I try to contribute something. Maybe it will spark something.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkNight
Rothschild or Vatican

I believe it is Bloomberg that estimated Rothschild Dynasty to be worth 600 - 900 Trillion USD. I've read that the bible states the Jews are to control the money system of the world and are give domain to wield the power that comes form it. Whether this is true or just another Jewish propaganda stunt (some think Jews wrote the Bible in their favor), the world might never know.

This isn't to say that it isn't a nation doing this, but to discount a single person or group would be naive. It is also said that Rothschild is a front for the Vatican black pope. Something about Vatican setting up Freemasonry and making The House of Rothschild. It boils down to Vatican seeing itself as the face of God here on Earth and that if God is all things, then He is good and evil (concurrently). Supposedly, Vatican believes that good can only come threw evil and the two are not mutually exclusive.

That's all I know and it ain't much.

If the goal of these groups is greed driven, how would it help them if there is a global meltdown? Even the wealthiest people have lost money lately.

How would these groups actually benefit from destroying the entire global financial system>

Think about it, then start a new thread about it so this one stays on topic

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

AIG for example.. like I said before they receieved 150 billion dollars in the first bail out.. and werent able to let us know how they were spending it. (its just something to discuss... im not saying I think that what is going on...)

Edit to add... "THEY" could be any company or group that would gain from this... but I am talkin about "THEM" using our own money to do this.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by danman23]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Fiat, even if the printing presses ran non stop (which they aren't - there is no actual printing going on)

I would have to disagree about that. Independant analysts said that the whole US monetary mass increase about 15% every year in the last 4-5 years... and yet I've not heard of the new numbers since october, but it's probably much more than that.

Even the FED is admitting printing up to 2 trillions in the last few months.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

AIG is trading at 85 cents. If AIG is behind this, they sure are going about saving their company the WRONG way.

This was BIG, more like a central bank crashing big. But there is no news of that having happened

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I would have to disagree about that. Independant analysts said that the whole US monetary mass increase about 15% every year in the last 4-5 years... and yet I've not heard of the new numbers since october, but it's probably much more than that.

Even the FED is admitting printing up to 2 trillions in the last few months.

What you see there is reserve and non-reserve balances. That's a bunch of ones and zeros that came into effect from the TARP.

Banks are HOLDING ON TO THOSE.

That very thin yellow line is CASH

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
A simple table of currencies - time noted on the chart

Someone (big someone) somewhere - best guess is Asia is dumping pretty much all the asian currencies and buying US Dollars (in the currency exchange)

Last November Ben Bernanke opened swap lines all over the world, they are STILL open. These swap lines are basically foreign debt that cannot be paid, but still allow other countries to get US Dollars.

75% of the world exchange of goods is done in US Dollars

If Asia or Europe go boom on any significant scale , so do we. Literally immediately.

Right now, European and Asian currencies are going down - FAST

SERIOUS potential for BIG BOOM

Wait there just a second, check the EUR/Dollar rate, nothing dramatically has happened to the Euro, it has depreceated slightly aginst the dollar but not much at all, remember that it peaked late fall 2008 when all the financial turmoil was happening. This could just be a market correction, first flight from dollar (in case of a total collapse of the US financial system as the situation was late 2008 Nov-Dec) and now a flight to safety (US treasuries, i.e need to buy dollar first to be able to buy t-bills) as Obama is in place and the BIG stimulus packages has been approved by congress.

EUR/USD, look at the peak november-december, current levels is pre-peak which means the rates are back to normal again. So my bet, its a correction after panic and flight in late 2008.

Yahoo Finance chart

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Hmmm.... but what if they dont care to save their company... what if they are in on the "NWO" conspiracy and the guys involved will make out after they do this... collapse the ecomony and start over that is. (a lot of what ifs.. but this is ATS right?)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by reugen

reugen, I know the thread is long, but there are screen caps of many different currencies with in it. Look at them, Look at the charts.

It's a flight to safety all right, it's a purposely forced liquidation of currencies INTO USD all over the world (with a very few exceptions, like Brazil)

Folks - I'm gonna get some sleep, I'll see ya in 5-6 hours

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by danman23
Hmmm.... but what if they dont care to save their company... what if they are in on the "NWO" conspiracy and the guys involved will make out after they do this... collapse the ecomony and start over that is. (a lot of what ifs.. but this is ATS right?)

Collapse the entire planet, eh?

You really think?

I don't. I think this is so far out of control that even a shadow group/government, should they actually exist, is needing to change their underwear.

Can you even contemplate what it would take to restart the world once it collapses?

Now really - I'm off to sleep

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
I`m wondering if this has anything to do with China getting stuck with having to buy up more of our debt because of the new stimulus package that went through. They are getting pretty POed at us right now, because they are about the only ones who have the money to be able to buy our debt. They seem to get stuck buying more and more of our worthless paper debt. This could be a way of making it worth something to them. I may be wrong though.

It could be something like US debt has increased (stimulus package plus the bailout package), which means that foreign countries buy t-bills and thus need to buy dollars first to be able to do just that. Besides, China is holding a lot of US debt (t-bills) and they make huge profits from a strong dolla, they even pegged their currency against the dollar (good for exports).

Well, after re-reading the thread from start i am not sure anymore, something is going on, lots of fear in the market again.

[edit on 2009/2/17 by reugen]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

I'm going to have to agree with redhatty on this one.

If the WHOLE world collapses the only thing left is where your going to get your next meal. Total chaos. People are so fed up with their governments right now that nobody from the government is going to be able to take control.

Just think 3 billion people against a combined army of what 100 million. I don't care what they have there is no way they are going to win. Short of MAD which what is the point none of those shmucks have an idea how to grow their own food.

This is bad. Real bad. As I've mentioned before on other threads, what was supposed to be a controlled collapse has turned into something that is uncontrollable.

The USD has gained almost a full percent on the Sterling. It has gained 1.35 on the Euro.

America is intertwined in this mess so deeply that if America crashes the whole world goes with it.

My best guess is that China and other countries are dumping their currencies that aren't their own in favor of the dollar to pump up the price of oil and also to cushion the impact of a trillion dollars entering into the system.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Gold rising fast...
www.livecharts.co.uk...

Platinum rising fast...
www.livecharts.co.uk...

EUR/USD
www.livecharts.co.uk...

USD/JPY
www.livecharts.co.uk...

GBP/USD
www.livecharts.co.uk...

DJIA Futures -175...
www.cnbc.com...

2-Yr Swap Spread rising fast
data.cnbc.com...

Looks like New Zealand & Australia $ taking a hit also...

I might take a hit here/you might get a 403...small sever I run with Financial Info Page...
multimedia-mirage.redirectme.net...

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Hi Agit8dChop. If you have java enabled, try the NetDania QuoteList

GL

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a lot of money has gone into a financial black hole....and it isnt circulating expect to suck more money in like a vortex.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join