It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FX Dislocation In Process

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
and it isn't a buying spree, it is liquidation of millions of dollars, and that too can just me a surge or fluke.. nothing concrete until we see the dollar's spot on the map at opening.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by brohes

there was a massive flood to the USD in asian markets last night... However I'm thinking that Denninger is perhaps being a little reactionary...

Its probably more of an attempt to get OUT of asian currencies more than it is to get into USD...

my $.04 (adjusted for inflation, of course...)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I think you are probably close to being on the mark with that statement.. and reactionary.. most def.

but.. I could be wrong.. but I rather be right

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Failure to save East Europe will lead to worldwide meltdown

The unfolding debt drama in Russia, Ukraine, and the EU states of Eastern Europe has reached acute danger point.

If mishandled by the world policy establishment, this debacle is big enough to shatter the fragile banking systems of Western Europe and set off round two of our financial Götterdämmerung. Austria's finance minister Josef Pröll made frantic efforts last week to put together a €150bn rescue for the ex-Soviet bloc. Well he might. His banks have lent €230bn to the region, equal to 70pc of Austria's GDP. "A failure rate of 10pc would lead to the collapse of the Austrian financial sector," reported Der Standard in Vienna. Unfortunately, that is about to happen. The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) says bad debts will top 10pc and may reach 20pc. The Vienna press said Bank Austria and its Italian owner Unicredit face a "monetary Stalingrad" in the East

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by redhatty

Well that answers a lot of questions. Still doesn't please me very much to know that the whole monetary system is essentially handled by people like Maddof.

So I guess the only thing to do is to work your butt off and gain financial independence and be very smart with your money.

There's no time to work your butt off anymore. Financial independence is not possible now, UNLESS...

You, your community, your city, and your state decide to 1) get out of the mess wholesale by creating its own independent currency and banks 2) Repudiate debt 3) Back up your insistence that you owe nobody anything with enough guns to protect yourselves if they try to come and take it. 4) Rebuild local supply/manufacturing/commerce chains.

You could take a route that is a bit safer and say you will pay off old debts to whomever, so long as you are permitted to hold on to your land, labor, and factories. Tough sell considering who is buying.

The one-worlders plan is to scare everyone into submission... the people at large not knowing that the money they bought us with WAS OUR OWN.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi, let s stop this irrational panic but apply basic geopolitics.

The weight of the US economy is such that the developing countries will see their own vaporized before it knees down. Eventually, it might even become the black hole of the world economy, engulfing all the cash available, because people will think it s the only place where to put their investment.
2nd will be Eurozone as quadrillions of wealth have been piled for centuries. Gold may be a temporary refuge, but you don t create riches out of it. You need to invest.

All the rest will go down the drain and fast. Maybe not Japan but some doubts.

As a result, China will face civil war, and conflicts could spread to Asia: India-Pakistan, Iran-Saudi Arabia.
Russia could step into Ukraine, Belarus, but more surely Kazhakstan, Uzbekistan etc to "protect" its interests with the benediction of the west, cautious not to see islamic revolutions spreading to oil reserves.

Africa will be for once spared. Too poor to be impacted.

THis is 10-15 year trend as 1929 crisis ended in 1945 only.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
NOT CORRECT. Checking the current currency market it appears that Asian currency is down only marginally vs the US dollar: all barely over one-tenth of one percent. The Euro is down only slightly over one percent. Not a collapse by any means.

Please check this link to get a pretty good picture of the latest currency trading. Its at the bottom of the page: www.kitco.com.... While you allvare at it, you may want to read the rest of the stuff on this site - its got pretty good articles on gold, which I do happen to believe in.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Get this:

UKRAINE DOWN 28.37%

Market Data thread

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Austria's finance minister Josef Pröll made frantic efforts last week to put together a €150bn rescue for the ex-Soviet bloc. Well he might. His banks have lent €230bn to the region, equal to 70pc of Austria's GDP.

"A failure rate of 10pc would lead to the collapse of the Austrian financial sector," reported Der Standard in Vienna. Unfortunately, that is about to happen.

The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) says bad debts will top 10pc and may reach 20pc. The Vienna press said Bank Austria and its Italian owner Unicredit face a "monetary Stalingrad" in the East.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

This is the trigger...really bad outlook...

[edit on 2/17/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
Get this:

UKRAINE DOWN 28.37%

Market Data thread

Thats very old....10-3-08

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am still trying to wrap my head around this whole event, trying to understand it all.

One thing I do know, is the MSM - is NOT SAYING A WORD about it!!

Wouldn't something big - happening in the financial markets - be something the MSM would talk about?

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Criskahta

www.indexq.org...
Here's the current indexes...that was a dramatic drop back then though..

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Criskahta

Get this:

UKRAINE DOWN 28.37%

Market Data thread

No - I'm afraid it's today's latest data. Check the bottom of the source page.

(Where did you get that from?)

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

That link was for the Records...highs/lows? Updated is relative...
2nd
3rd

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Criskahta

Get this:

UKRAINE DOWN 28.37%

Market Data thread

No - I'm afraid it's today's latest data. Check the bottom of the source page.

(Where did you get that from?)

The time column for Ukrain out to the side...Its one of few that hasnt been updated

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
It's just a sea of red.

You don't suppose it's the end of timers do you - "and the oceans shall turn to blood"

They are nuts you know.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Criskahta

Very big apology. I only jumped to that site because the one I've been referring to all morning wouldn't load & didn't notice that Ukraine was the only one not updated.

Russia (-7.07%) & the Czech Republic (-6.92%) are indeed going down very hard, though:

Source

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

No problem...Thanks for the posts this evening

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Im not being funny, but im monitoring Bloomberg right now, and there are no signbs of a collapsing USD? or any other currency for that matter? certainly not against GBP. In fact USD is currently up???

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is a GIANT mess...all these countrys trying to borrow at the same time, to prop up their stuff...not enough $ or trust now...

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join