It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAN-MADE structures,paths,statues...please POST

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Cydonia Structures and Egyptian connections

SuperSlovak's thread on SIMILARITIES between our Pyramids and some pyramidal structures on Mars is worth an applause!

Whether they are natural or artificial, I think we can rightly call these structures, and one, as I individually posted here as photo, has a clear pyramidal shape.

The other ones look like remnants of pyramids, many possibilities could be the cause of their destruction.

Similarities in alignment with the Egyptian pyramids is striking. Once again we have a parallel between Egyptian ancient work and Martian structures.

It reminds me of a theory on earth about our Egyptian sites, many searchers tried to imagine and even reconstruct with the same means that ancient Humans had at the time, without success. I remind the reader that our pyramids are STILL a MYSTERY.

Added to this we have the "Humanoid Figure" or "Statue" with the SYMBOLS that I found on its pedestal, see photos and edits my myself, previously posted on this thread, (West Valley, MARS)

AND "The EGYPTIAN STATUE on Mars?" thread and topic, extracts also presented here by myself, confirm our suspicions in this Egyptian connection.

I have already mentioned studies about Ancient Aliens who visited Earth, which seem to me more than a theory, that can be retrieved in various texts (a reference for the YT video that sums-up well "Ancient aliens" [this is also its title] is available on this thread too.)

I will post the LINK of SMASHING and EYE-OPENING SuperSlovak- Member's thread on a separate post.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Cydonia Structures and Egyptian Connection:

Thread by SuperSlovak, here on ATS, with superb photos and edits in his OP, link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

With Credits for SuperSlovak (& references mentioned by himself, see my previous post), and Congratulations.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by MarsFanMag

Without any more details about it, that looks like a lava tunnel on the Moon, do you have any identification for that photo?

Listen Armap, I've already mentioned that my usual PC has crashed and I 'm on an emergency notebook. I've borrowed this link from "EasyNow" or another cool poster on a thread from the same forum. I don't manage copy-facilities as well on this thing. I have to do all my searches all over again as I had started a file with all the links, locations, provenances, sites etc. Now if you are so erudit, why would you ask this?

This " _L " or "T" shape is VERY famous on Mars, perhaps you can get its original link in a click from your own PC? ah. You KNOW exactly the location and ID of this photo, don't you? At least its NAME!!! You wouldn't pretend you've forgotten its name, would you? Cause I wouldn't believe you, at all. Don't forget to give us its dimensions, as well, will be nice of you.

"LAVA TUNNEL"? A perfectly symetrical "LAVA TUNNEL"? Have you seen its SHAPE?

The Moon? Wow, that's convincing, after your examples of beaches on Earth -- what caused your "tunnel" to have perfectly similar, symetrical under-curves at the top of the "T" bar ?!! (--If we look at it this way)

Look at the bottom of the "T" bar, can you see a circle, other perfect shape?

Where's the rest of the LAVA track then, and why does it stop? Show me the BIG volcano nearby, ATTACHED too it, where the "LAVA TUNNEL" comes from. A MASSIVE VOLCANO should be ADJACENT, linked, right NEXT to your "LAVA", but...where is it? no remnant. NOTHING. NOTHING LINKED.

You don't have any CLUE more than me to pretend that you "KNOW" it's "natural". I tend to say it's artificial. Don't be in my constant way as if I was an imbecile either. Like YOU I speak English though I am NOT English-speaking native. I've learned English at school when I was 11 onwards as my SECOND language. I'm graduated from University, not in Science, but that should situate you. And I studied Auvergne Volcanoes- and on the GROUND- geology for long enough to give me solid knowledge, I also studied other volcanoes. Now we're on Mars.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
And I studied Auvergne Volcanoes- and on the GROUND- geology for long enough to give me solid knowledge, I also studied other volcanoes. Now we're on Mars.

So you could concede that these may be dikes, or lava tunnels, or at least that these shapes can occur in nature and there is no need for them to be artificial, which I believe is introducing an unnecessary complication.
If you have solid geologic knowledge, why not employ it?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Listen Armap, I've already mentioned that my usual PC has crashed and I 'm on an emergency notebook.
Yes, you mentioned that, but I do not have any way of knowing where did you get that image from and how, you could have a reference or even the identification of the original photo.

Now if you are so erudit, why would you ask this?
I never compared my erudition with any other, and even if I had seen all Mars and Moon photos available except this one no amount of erudition would tell me where this photo came from and all the other information about it that is available for identified images.

This " _L " or "T" shape is VERY famous on Mars, perhaps you can get its original link in a click from your own PC? ah. You KNOW exactly the location and ID of this photo, don't you?
No, if I knew it I wouldn't be asking for it.

You wouldn't pretend you've forgotten its name, would you? Cause I wouldn't believe you, at all. Don't forget to give us its dimensions, as well, will be nice of you.
I may have seen it, but I do not recognise it, and even recognition of the photo or feature could not be enough to give me the photo ID.

When I have that ID and if this photo is from Mars Global Surveyor or Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter I can get the dimensions of that feature, no problem with that, as I have done in previous occasions.

You don't have any CLUE more than me to pretend that you "KNOW" it's "natural".
No, I haven't, that is why I said "that looks like a lava tunnel", I did not said it is a lava tunnel.

Don't be in my constant way as if I was an imbecile either.
If by that you mean that you do not want to me comment on your posts just say it, and I will stop answering them.

Like YOU I speak English though I am NOT English-speaking native. I've learned English at school when I was 11 onwards as my SECOND language. I'm graduated from University, not in Science, but that should situate you.
I learnt English by myself and I never even entered any University, if that is of any interest to you.

And I studied Auvergne Volcanoes- and on the GROUND- geology for long enough to give me solid knowledge, I also studied other volcanoes. Now we're on Mars.
I did not had that opportunity, I only have a personal interest in Geology, and my hands-on knowledge is only from the area where I live.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Group reply:
~~~~~~~~
ChChKiwi, it's precisely because I have never seen any stretch of lava shaped this way and I don't think that any lava "path" , or however the scientists call a solidified flow of lava, can have run down from a volcano this way, that I find it artificial.

I have studied volcanism in French language as most volcanoes I've studied are there in France, my home country.
I can't boost with my knowledge because the Auvergne volcans have nothing to do in shapes or chemistry (or processes?) with these on Mars, especially not Olympus Mons, and secondly it's you both who decide that the "T" shape must be a "lava TUNNEL", not me, ah ah.

So I don't see what you mean by a "lava TUNNEL". I have never learned any termonology for volcanism or anything else geological or anything scientifically advanced whatsoever in English language.
All the terms I know in these fields in English language are caught by my brain 'on the spot'--or the TV, lol, from reading and learning too, ATS, for example, being a brilliant & fun way to learn. So I really can't see why my basic but yes, solid knowledge of French local, regional volcanism could help YOUR theories that I don't share.

You wanna prove something? DO IT YOURSELF. Go on, send these lists, links and lectures about Martian volcanism, all YOUR knowledge of Martian geology is very welcome to PROVE that ALL these strucures, this one in particular, are not artificial!

SAME for ArMaP. YOU put something forwards, that "lava TUNNEL" concept.
YOU ask me to put a LINK on the photo I provided, by the time that you waste asking for it, complaining against it, you would have gone through all your saved links, surely your PC isn't blown-up like my old one. How can I get a link or details when I don't even have a PC anymore? You asked if I read your posts, I don't think you read mine carefully. Re-read my OP too, I advise.

But yes this photo of the "T" shape STRUCTURE IS from MARS. You really pretend you don't know this and it doesn't look good on your immense knowledge of the Red Planet!

We are only waiting to be convinced by both your presentations and demonstrations, here or on the other threads that you try to slaughter, "dear two Scientists ATS fine and positive searchers". Good luck, if you are right I will admire you, but if you cannot prove that this structure is natural I will ask you to take a good look at yourselves and to ask yourselves WHY you think you always know so much more than the others.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I found the original image.

It's from Mars, taken by Mars Global Surveyor, on 1998-07-16.

The place is southeast of Olympus Mons (is that a big enough volcano for you?
).

The red rectangle is the area of the photo.

You can see the page for that image here.

As I said before, as this is an image from Mars Global Surveyor, I have the means of measuring things on it, so here are some measurements.

This is the image of that "T" shaped feature at 100% zoom.

This is a better view of that area taken with the Context Camera aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter.

(click on the image for the full size version)

The measurements and the conversion of the original IMG file were done with ISIS.

PS: I am sorry if you think I was not being honest when I said I did not recognised the photo, I hope you will see how unfair you have been when you know me better, you should never be so hasty in judging people.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It looks like a lava flow that flowed down, followed the contour of the cone until it reached an obstruction or a rise in elevation, filled up, and then broke through and flowed down again to a new level, repeating the process.

Oh, but right angles (not that this is one) don't happen in nature, do they?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

and secondly it's you both who decide that the "T" shape must be a "lava TUNNEL", not me, ah ah.

I didn't decide it was, I said that it could be and it is still a far more ordinary claim than your extraordinary claim. Remember that extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof, and given the proximity of this feature to Olympus Mons, it would seem that it is less than extraordinary to call it a geologic feature associated with the Olympus Mons volcanism.
\
We have volcanoes in New Zealand, a good many of the still active, so I'm uncertain as to what your point was beyond trying to brag about the existence of french volcanoes.
I work with volcanologists, none of whom were surprised by such a feature associated with Olympus Mons. But, oh, that's right, they are part of the big brother system and are in denial and don't want to pursue scientific method, they would much rather hold back their intelligence for the BB (as you so quaintly put it).

I still stand by my claim that it is a geologic feature. Nothing, nothing, that is, nothing you have posted yet makes me want to change that position.

Kei te ki me te tutae koe.

[edit on 16/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I think it's actually a depressed area, a canyon. If you mentally work on it, like one of those flip/flop illusions, you can see it.

Start by looking at the bottom of the full sized context view, it's a little easier there. The light source is on the right. The mouth of the canyon is at the bottom of the image. Give it a chance. The right side of the canyon is shadowed. Move up the canyon and you can clearly see that wall is a steep cliff, sloping down to the left.

The circular things are craters..work with that.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Ah. Intelligent & interesting posting. Brilliant, ArMaP, thank you!

It's very next to Olympus Mons. Yes Olympus Mons is big enough, the biggest volcano in our solar system if I'm correct.

I will have a close read of all your provided details and these photos are excellent.

Once again the shape of this structure (I repeat we can call it so, whether natural or not) sparks some suspicion in my mind.

Nothing shows with evidence that it would be just a natural work from the giant volcano though, its promimity doesn't prove a thing towards it. How could this "piece of lava" have this shape, naturally?

I know of CHURCHES and a lot of other architecture, buildings, houses, walls, steps , STATUES, on Earth that are BUILT FROM LAVA.
So it would not surprise me if we find structures built from lava on Mars too.
I could be wrong, I don't play God, I tend to think it's artificial, just rocks, YES, but statues are also made of rocks in the first place, for example, sculpted rocks, rather. And WHY NOT?

Obrigad'!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

But how would a canyon form like that? You know what lava tubes are right? Underground tunnels through which lava flows. The "shell" remains after the lava flows out of the tube. After a while, the tube collapses causing a depression on the surface. These features are found in many locations on Mars.

Lava tubes

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ArMaP

I think it's actually a depressed area, a canyon. If you mentally work on it, like one of those flip/flop illusions, you can see it.

Start by looking at the bottom of the full sized context view, it's a little easier there. The light source is on the right. The mouth of the canyon is at the bottom of the image. Give it a chance. The right side of the canyon is shadowed. Move up the canyon and you can clearly see that wall is a steep cliff, sloping down to the left.

The circular things are craters..work with that.

Mmm...very good possibility.
Could it be lava that filled a zone like this???(my attempts of theories just, then it would have solidified into this shape? Yet, cliff as you say...talking in the complete darkness I am, now), true that it's better looking at the vast area around Olympus Mons to try and gather more clues, with ArMaP's links it makes it more interesting. I completely agree that, as for everything, it's always a necessity to look at the full context. I'll try to get more links of the vaster area, hopefully others will try too...

(and Lol for Bob Geldorf, you got to admit though, with a nose cosmetic re-shape it could have been..., ahah, I read that reply of yours last night late and it made me laugh, I could imagine you swearing at me from your side of the world..."The Wall", ah ah, glad it wasn't called The Rock, but walls are made of rocks, right?
)

YOU MAKE ME THINK, what could this lava have filled, and the pattern is elsewhere too, (see ArMAp's photo above), in this theory?

Whatever it is in origins I am amazed.

Depression around, elevation of this mass...or else, or else,...hey, I'm not adamant that it's got to be this or that, I'm just curious like you all.

and thanx for your interest, Phage.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMagYOU put something forwards, that "lava TUNNEL" concept.
A lava tunnel is a tunnel through which the lava flows. As the outside is in contact with the cooler air it solidifies faster, and makes a solid rock tunnel for the rest of the lava, that keeps on flowing inside it.

When the lava stops flowing the tunnel empties all its lava and remains as a tunnel. If the "ceiling" of the tunnels breaks and falls, the remains of the tunnel create something like a half-pipe.

YOU ask me to put a LINK on the photo I provided, by the time that you waste asking for it, complaining against it, you would have gone through all your saved links, surely your PC isn't blown-up like my old one.
I did not asked for a link, I asked if you had an identification for that photo, if you had only its name (SP2-43004) that would be enough.

And you can be sure that it was much faster asking for it than searching for it, and I did not had it on my computer. And I was not complaining.

How can I get a link or details when I don't even have a PC anymore?
You could have just found it on the Internet and seen its name.

You really pretend you don't know this and it doesn't look good on your immense knowledge of the Red Planet!
I did not (and I still do not) recognise that photo, and my knowledge of Mars (which I never rated as immense) is very far from knowing all the more than 212,000 photos from Mars Global Surveyor, and even though I have seen more than 1000 photos from Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter I still haven't seen the other 6000+.

Good luck, if you are right I will admire you, but if you cannot prove that this structure is natural I will ask you to take a good look at yourselves and to ask yourselves WHY you think you always know so much more than the others.
Why do you think that I think that? I have always stated things as my opinion, I have never presented myself as better or as more knowledgeable than other people on these subjects, what have I written to make you think that?

PS: I must write my answers quicker, I noticed that you have already made another post after my previous one. I can only answer it tomorrow, its getting too late for me.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
[quote="ChChKiwi"]
Kei te ki me te tutae koe.

What does this mean?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It doesn't matter what it means, it was an afterthought and it's off-topic.

I'll gladly debate on-topic with you.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

We are only waiting to be convinced by both your presentations and demonstrations, here or on the other threads that you try to slaughter, "dear two Scientists ATS fine and positive searchers". Good luck, if you are right I will admire you, but if you cannot prove that this structure is natural I will ask you to take a good look at yourselves and to ask yourselves WHY you think you always know so much more than the others.

MarsFanMag, you wrote this to ArMaP. And I have to tell you - I find your comment not only rude and childish, but also increadible ignorant. I have followed ArMaP's posts and contributions ever since I joined ATS some months ago, and I have never - not once - seen him try to slaughter anything. On the contrary, he always provides data, images and information that is highly relevant for the topic discussed. He is actively denying ignorance.

Furthermore, ArMaP is NEVER rude to anyone. He is always calm and collected, and adresses the topic, not the poster. I think his patience is increadible.

So, MarsFanMag, instead of attacking ArMap, perhaps you should try to learn something from him?

[edit on 17-9-2008 by ziggystar60]

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

What's this off-topic post?!
I'm OK with ArMaP, now. He's been on my friend-list for a while now, and this doesn't change. You seem to only read what you could pick on from, I did thank him many times, still do, and he has great qualities, it shows. I suggest you don't interfere between members and myself.
I thought that you would have come here to bring something, not to stir up some trouble.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ArMaP

But how would a canyon form like that? You know what lava tubes are right? Underground tunnels through which lava flows. The "shell" remains after the lava flows out of the tube. After a while, the tube collapses causing a depression on the surface. These features are found in many locations on Mars.

Lava tubes

Thanx Phage, very interesting link.

Indeed if this "T bar" was lava tubes, there are great chances that they would have collapsed by now. Unless with the cold temperatures, the outside would have solidified quicker and thicker?
As I replied earlier I don't discard that it could be lava. From the pale color & smoothness it looks like it too. Perhaps it's all lava, inside as well, for it doesn't have to become a tube, it can be compact, I mean, full. It could have filled a zone that already exists with this shape, roughly, then like a hot cake that raises in the oven, have reached that shaped and solidified this way. I want to see the attachment zone to the volcano. If there is, there should be traces of lava paths down from an irruption point.

What I find so bizarre is that it's not all over the place (at least on the zone included in the photo), it's sporadic there, and of this peculiar shape.
Singular, single, isolated? regular, symetrical...

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

You are right, MarsFanMag, my comment was off topic. And also stupid, since I obviously overlooked your last post to ArMaP.

Anyway, I apologize, and I am very happy to see that things are OK between you and ArMaP.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join