It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAN-MADE structures,paths,statues...please POST

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag

I cannot think of a natural phenomena that could make this ground this way.

Natural erosion does not flatten rocks in this way. Of course it CAN flatten and smooth, like rocks under a cascade, but NOT this way.

Other natural phenomenas do not create such a particularity.

Are you a geologist? There may be processes that you are not aware of.

It looks like sheared and fractured sedimentary rocks to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I have studied of lot of geology, not for Mars, but I'm not a geologist. I'd welcome them if some can come to have a look.
Are you?
Thanx anyway for your opinion.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by MarsFanMag]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChChKiwi
Well, I certainly can say with 100% authority that the last two pictures that you posted are artificial...it looks like you've just discovered geometry ///shortcut, already answered////

Here's more geometry:

May I introduce you all for the first time to Martian symbols ? No idea if been seen before.

It immediately made me go to Greek alphabet, modern and ancient but apart from the X or perhaps also the O-mega (upper-case) I haven't found any equivalent.

///post trimmed///

One sign reminds me of the Earth'ian symbol for female, woman.Which would totally fit with the FEMALE statue I see.

Or this sign also looks like an o-mega.

I wrongly said, "just the X and this one", as we find M , O and W shapes too. Perhaps others.

It's to wonder if that photo really comes from Mars. I already expressed doubts about it.

Here's Greek alphabet to compare:

Recap, similar signs:
-----------------------------
O
X
W
O-mega
M
G
Diamond shape

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsFanMag

Those rocks are very common on Mars, and they remind me of something I used to see when I was a child and went to the beach, one of the things I liked to see was the wet sand getting drier above the dry, loose, sand, because it made slabs just like those, only smaller and not has compacted.

Here is an example of a similar occurrence, and this one is in Portugal.

Imagine that the rock was thinner and on an horizontal plane over the sand, and you will see how close this is to those rocks on Mars.

And no, I am not a geologist, but I always liked (and still do) rocks and geological processes, and I even had, during one year, a geology class at school, but it was almost useless.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thankyou Armap,
sometimes I let my intolerance get in the way so I appreciate you finding a naturally-occurring example...I was looking for a facepalm image, but I have decided against that as it is not constructive.
So, now we have the Greeks on Mars!

I appreciate your exuberance, Mars Fan Mag, however, you might like to temper it with some reality, some science, and some decent geology.
It's much like looking at clouds and seeing elephants, in my opinion.

[edit on 10/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Group reply: I know the difference between imagination and real observation.
I know that everything can be looked at in an imaginative way.
But if we don't post from our gutt feelings we don't let the door open to possibilities, and that would be frightening.

Ch Ch KIWI, how would you know whether your science-level is richer than mine? If you have advanced Science levels/degrees then does it give the right to laugh at members with just basic knowledge? Also perhaps you know more about Earth than Mars. I like discussing but not coming to here knowing that there will be another attempt of humiliation from you.

I'm not saying the thing IS a statue or a being, (or if I do I make it clear it's in my opinion), I'm not either saying it's "just rocks", for what do we know what it IS?

Why would people who see everything we look at as rocks, rule over the others? It only highlights a feature of your personalities.
One day we might be very glad we did collect these photos and remember these discussions. Or laugh at them, and I'd be the first one. I hold my hand up when I realise I'm wrong but not before it's been PROVEN wrong. Beside the topic isn't me.

As for the beach photo from Portugal, OK it looks natural, but are you absolutely sure it is? Hi ArMaP and thank you for your posts. I like your presence because you have politeness, patience, open speech and straightforwardness, and are interesting. Obrigado!
Your PT photo: you don't know 100% whether they are not part of an ancient civilization structure. They look very old. Interesting.

"Logically" as it looks, these rocks you showed are likely to be 100% natural. Very probably. We're not 100% sure and certain, but we assume they are. Yet & if so, does it mean that these on St Mary, Mars, are natural?

NOPE.

I have examples which I studied 2 years ago, in Northern Ireland, and back home (I even brought samples back!), The Giant Causeway. Volcanic work result. These could look artificial but they are natural. Does the Irish Giant Causeway prove that St Mary on Mars is 100% natural in structures?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

As for the beach photo from Portugal, OK it looks natural, but are you absolutely sure it is?
As sure as I can be of anything like that.

That limestone area starts (or ends) on that beach and stretches for some miles to East-Northeast. There are many small and large industries in that area living of the limestone, like cement factories. Also, if you live near the sea, you know that something artificial would not last for long on a sea shore, unless it was an artificial outcropping as a whole and not independent rocks.

Also, I have seen some old houses on that area (some 2000 years old, along with Roman roads, and some houses from the bronze age), and they do not look like that.

PS: thanks for the compliments.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That's good, really really good, and while I'm still on the topic, I'd add, yes, check these old Civilizations traces in this Pt area, Portugal is rich and vibrant in colours, and PAST, I love their folklore, musics, and past histories, a lot to study there, perhaps all seen as natural, but when you look , dig, search a bit closer, Columbus, Colombo, and a few Others, darn I have the bookmark somewhere,
...rings a bell?

I'm not "Science-Infuse" as we French say, I'll stick to an old 'citation'(='Quote/ quotation', as you know) I used to vent to my Friends when we were in our 20's & playing citations-games: "Knowledge is what remains, when we have forgotten everything", the famous French guy ( I forget WHO , ah ah!) meant, 'everything we studied before in our tender age, gets forgotten BUT a FEW elements', approx, err...glad I remember that one! even smudge-ly!

Peace to my Friends, and the new Ones to come, as a wish, on Mars! and elsewhere.

But, SEE, you cannot be 100% SURE of what you put forwards, your example, once studied in the lights of this or all this, HISTORY, research, ARCHEOLOGY, BIOLOGY for particles and old microbes etc, DNA, could totally disarm the whole of your posting! You're frank and direct, so am I, you therefore can't deny or blame this quality of mine, can you?

Equally, I am not saying that your presented Earthian flat rocks could not be natural. They could totally be.
Or they could belong to old civilizations works, we do not know.

I get a drift in all this and I spend my leisure-time on Mars, at the moment. I must be blessed by some spiritual drift or current, call it how you want. But I get a feeling I'm not so much on the wrong tracks. How? i don't know. That's what thrills me most.

Forgive my spelling, of words. And Thank you again.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Cape St. Mary, where I have noticed the "flagging" on the downwards slope, and where the strange "structure" on top rocks got found (see You Tube video on previous page), also where NASA has used a lot of colour-filtering and, smudging as it well seems; other curious elements spotted by myself that I present now:

We can notice a "silhouette" shape, and around this shape, up and down, perhaps stairs- shapes, aligned with straight "constructions" like nearby made small walls, very geometrical, with a continuity.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Crikey!
Good lord!
Those ARE just rocks. You are reading way too much into it!
Steps? That's just a fracture pattern.
L2Geology

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you carefully look at the St. Vincent site that is largely talked about on Iamamamonkey' (Amanda REILLY, as her name is mentioned on the Living Moon Site, www.thelivingmoon.com... ) 's thread = "Egyptian Statue on Mars?", relating to the same topic in this detail of ONE "STATUE" found on Mars, and, as we start to get the drift of, there are quite a few, & other 'elements', classed these days as "anomalies",
, you will notice the presence of similar "flagging".

Of course these elements could be coincidence, but, are they?

No-one can be so sure. YET:

If we take into consideration, all the elements that can be classed as ARTIFICIAL on this S.Vincent site, and on St. Mary, then perhaps we can start wondering of the 'flagging', is this a made thing that occurs on Mars when Martian People want to emphasise on special sites, such as these two.

ST. VINCENT can be seen as a CEMETERY, A RESPECTED SITE FOR WORSHIPPING/ REMEMBERING BEINGS WHO HAVE PASSED AWAY. It could well be this.

ST MARY.
-------------WHY did NASA (or others) name this site as such? I'd like to know.
From what we see in details (see previous page video, here is a highlighted and sharpened sample: )

The "flagging" on downwards slope , as to "introduce" the site for "worshipping" or, else, like we have flagged paths and plants, ornaments on the paths to our churches/temples, is present. (see previous page)

This 'flagging' is similar at St. Vincent:
----------------------------------------------------

...as perhaps it could have (or could have had) the same meaning, to decorate and embellish an important place, of worship? of respect?

Like I previously wrote, there are quite a few elements pointing at structures on Mars that can well indicate in the same direction.

Considering the state of this Planet now, I would say that these are traces, remnants of a past civilization-- A PAST CIVILISATION --let us not forget, evolution in /on the grounds/ massifs/cliffs etc, the dust-storms, erosion, possible ground-QUAKES and all! We are looking what possibly looked a lot smoother and well kept BEFORE !

Now is the Planet MARS in awakening?

Do these elements give us a real clue?

I'd tend to say, YES, and I tend to say: there IS life-form on Mars, but what is studied on this thread looks at PAST things. Just like we look at Egypt and the past elements we have on Earth everywhere, trying to translate HIEROGLYPHS and else, measure things, trying to put them in context of some history we know.

But on MARS, we only know a few things. We know there has been a BIG CATACLYSM, and plenty scientists say, that MARS was partly covered in WATER= SEAS & OCEANS, as perhaps we get the drift of, when we look at some photographs that look like old sea-beds.

Let's keep our minds open and, let's carry on exploring our faculties too!

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Crikey!
Good lord!
Those ARE just rocks. You are reading way too much into it!
Steps? That's just a fracture pattern.
L2Geology

Will I waste my time a bit more with sceptics of the "just rocks" theory Ch Ch kiwi? Perhaps a last time:

I like sceptics when they can come up and look at other People's work IN DETAILS, not the sort that think they can (in one's dreams) degrade all with a few words. I know as read some real sceptics and they THINK, I haven't seen them on this thread, I respect them as , perhaps I could change a few things in my signature, but I won't, as it's well known now, that despite every woman and book that SOME of SOME sceptics BURNED, those mentioned sorts of sceptics NEVER managed to stop People looking at REALITY.

I'm a sceptic for a LOT of things nowadays. I don't believe in this imposed USA- West Europe SYSTEM for example, want to know WHY? Perhaps you really well know? MONEY. MONEY is the key to most of these ANOMALIES we witness or suffer from, on DAY BASIS, in this sick system.

Good luck for your GEOLOGY studies! If you explain ALL by it, happy sleep!

PAId POSTERS are omnipresent, everywhere we try for the truth. It's not the first forum I've visited, "you know". You know this expression/ phrase= "You know"? You should know, perhaps.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Those sure look like beams of some sort. Like a building is being exposed by the shifting sands/ice. I was replying to the three dark rectangles spaced symmetrically apart. That is the one that screams "intelligent life" to me.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by groingrinder]

How come there are so many links to pages that no longer exist? Is there some kind of black hole eating away at the website?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Look, I would love to be proved wrong, but at this stage you have given me nothing that even gives me any hope or likelihood that those are 'created' by anything other than geologic processes. The 'fact' that those 'flaggings' are seen at two places just cements that for me.

But please, carry on (as I know you will). I hope you find something concrete and substantial, but I also hope that you don't destroy the 'evidence' with all your distracting and detracting lines and circles etc. If there is anything there let the picture speak for itself!

As BitRaiser said in another thread: "People need to be careful when they want to believe.
That want can make you see things that aren't there."

link to other thread this quote is from

[edit on 12/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

... you will notice the presence of similar "flagging".

Of course these elements could be coincidence, but, are they?
Would you consider a coincidence seeing a type of rock in one place and the same type of rock 50 metres away, or would you consider it just normal?

If we take into consideration, all the elements that can be classed as ARTIFICIAL on this S.Vincent site, and on St. Mary, then perhaps we can start wondering of the 'flagging', is this a made thing that occurs on Mars when Martian People want to emphasise on special sites, such as these two.
Considering that I don't see anything that can be classified as artificial in any place on Mars, and that those flat rocks, regardless of origin, are very common on Mars, I don't see any meaning other than the one Nature had.

ST. VINCENT can be seen as a CEMETERY, A RESPECTED SITE FOR WORSHIPPING/ REMEMBERING BEINGS WHO HAVE PASSED AWAY. It could well be this.
Why?

ST MARY.
-------------WHY did NASA (or others) name this site as such? I'd like to know.
Those three places have names of capes on Earth.

The "flagging" on downwards slope , as to "introduce" the site for "worshipping" or, else, like we have flagged paths and plants, ornaments on the paths to our churches/temples, is present. (see previous page)
The "flagging", if it was there before the creation of the crater (as I suppose it could have been), it's normal to be present in all the slopes that lead to the inside of the crater.

Considering the state of this Planet now, I would say that these are traces, remnants of a past civilization-- A PAST CIVILISATION --let us not forget, evolution in /on the grounds/ massifs/cliffs etc, the dust-storms, erosion, possible ground-QUAKES and all! We are looking what possibly looked a lot smoother and well kept BEFORE !
I don't see any traces of artificiality in those rocks, much less of a civilisation.

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I hope you find something concrete and substantial, but I also hope that you don't destroy the 'evidence' with all your distracting and detracting lines and circles etc. If there is anything there let the picture speak for itself!
[edit on 12/9/08 by ChChKiwi]

I agree with ChChKiwi on this. I also believe that there at one point have been intelligent life on Mars, and that this planet has features on its surface that are artificial. But it IS both distracting and confusing when you present us with images full of lines and circles in different colors. In my opinion it would be better if you cropped images to show different details, or you could highligt the specific features you want to discuss.

I would also prefer it if you could provide us with links to the original sources for the images, so that it is possible for people to download the images themselves and take at closer look at them. (I always do that when someone post an image I find interesting.)

But I also want to thank you for sharing images with us!

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi to everyone who posted!
Well I too agree with ChChKiwi as to if I find anything that would jump to the eyes as proof, in your eyes, I would post it, I repeat, I can only post photos or edits that can be structures, as an attempt to gather them so we can get an impression of the compilation. I keep searching, I hoped other members would post some too, so I refer to my OP where I said, please post, don't be put off, I for one won't put you off. When I said "brilliant photos" it was in hope that others post theirs, as I don't rate my own edits, etc.

Thanx a lot to all for your replies and links, and related -in topic- photos.

I have a PC disaster today (my own damn fault) so I'll have to re-do all my work over again, so sorry, I'm not feeling too much talkative tonight here from my emergency laptop-notebook thing.

I hope to "see" you all back soon and I'm sorry for the links that disappeared, I don't understand it, I'll have to check which ones don't work, for a few days ago I clicked on most of them and there was no problem...

Please post your suspected sites or parts of, photos or edits of what could be structures , past or more contemporary, on Mars.

TC

Mag

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Without any more details about it, that looks like a lava tunnel on the Moon, do you have any identification for that photo?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join