It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 252
<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

On a slight tangent, I just showed my gf the brolly pic, and she said "oh, WOW, where can I get one of those?"

I am currently reviewing my relationship status

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I caN SEE IT

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mobius1974
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

I caN SEE IT

Mobius1974.....

That was all a bit "Twilight Zone" for a while there!

Cheers
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
??? what is the purpose of this thread?
ATS
issues?
Like what

Well issues like pop ups on the home page which block out content....oh wait nobody on ATS staff seems to care about that since it's been consistently ignored by previously aforementioned ATS staff even though an entire thread has been created to complain about said pop up issue.

One wonders why an issues thread was even created if there is no intention to deal with ISSUES

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Mods, why hasn't this thread been closed???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was already an existing thread and the OP is just taking focus, flags, stars etc from the original poster....

You will end up with a string of similar threads if you let one special member get away with this stuff..

And even the OP posted that he'd requested the thread be closed!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Thanks for your Alert.

I've locked it down now...looked like it was getting all Greys Anatomy hissy drama-fest anyway.

Same topic/subject isn't uncommon in different forums...so I'm picking that was why it was let fly for so long.

Personally doubt its got anything to do with any *special Member* status or otherwise.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thanks, but now explain why I got a warning and loss of 500 points for saying that from page "1"...

Kinda unfair in my eyes.....

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Hi there,

The Mod who *dinged* you with that Warn has since u2ued me (I think they may have contacted you as well?) to request I reinstate your points, they feel they made a wrong call on it...so will do that for you now.

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Mate, that is sensational...

The points I care nothing about but the fact that ATS admitted a mistake is GREAT...

Thanks and you just restored my faith in ATS...

If I could S&F you I would

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hmmm...I clicked on the new submission button by mistake and found some irony:

Qualtiy: As always, there are more strict expectations of quality authorship and civility within the threads of our Breaking News Forum.

Qualtiy?
Don't lecture me about qualatiy!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Egg - face.

Thanks for the heads-up...I'm sure it'll be corrected asap.

...another spelling mistake on the site I've come across is the word 'about' being spelt 'aboot'...

...which Canadian typed that???

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

i am tired of the quick closure of threads on this site. maria_stardust has closed every atempt to discuss this, and please keep in mind that the first thread i posted was not listing an issue or discussing a complaint, but opening up a dialog about possible fixes that we would like to see, or arguments against change alike. it didnt belong in either forum referenced, and it did not degrade any specific person.

Oh and linking me to a thread that has not been visited by a mod or SO in well over a year? that seems to solve things too...

i know i am not the only one who feels the irony in censoring a thread on a anti-censorship site.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Explanation: Couldn't find any info on why threads are deleted???

OMFG!
:shk:

Here... You signed up for them... READ THEM OK!

ATS T&C's

Personal Disclosure: Now I'm going to quote chapter and verse at you!

2g.) Board Wars: You will not use these boards to organize "attacks" on other boards, blogs, or discussion groups, and similarly, you will not organize such attacks against this board. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

6) Disclaimer: This website does not and cannot review all of the content of every message posted and does not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to post messages that violate the rules of the message board, your account may be terminated, your access to the message board may be banned, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, The Above Network, LLC expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.

6b) Editorial Neutrality: The Above Network, LLC provides a forum for the open discussion of a wide variety of subjects, but does not influence editorial control over any particular theory, opinion, ideology, political doctrine, viewpoint or position on any topic in so far as those topics adhere to the rules set for in these Terms & Conditions. Furthermore, though operating costs are supported by advertising and promotional revenue, The Above Network, LLC does not officially endorse or promote any commercial product or service.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
but simply stating "because we can and its our site"

is no good reason. if you want people to stay because it is supposed to be an open discussion for free thinkers, you should not have to lean on "because we can" except in extreme cases, if ever at all.

but with me complaining i am slowly realizing just how quickly you get turned on, no matter what has happened in the more than year of posting and contribution.

keep making people moderators that will let it go to their head and they will destroy your forum. i have seen it before, and it was a simple game forum.

this site is not as self sufficient as i assume the S.O.'s think it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

!!%$¨$@OMG

to say its possible presenting the technology that allows websites to collect and maybe sell user information is an ATTACK ?? Come on, I know you want to protect your business, but its not like I am creating a technology, it exists, and its done by many organizations

so, what I said cant be described as an attack, simply because it is not an accusation or an invention

so, to delete a thread that doesnt attack you and its based on science is OK? simply because its in the rules that you can delete whatever you want?

just because it is in the rules it means its right?

this just proves this is just a business, otherwise you guys would worry to let this board smarter instead of promoting the non sense discussions like " I was an Alien in my other life", "my GF is an reptilian " ...

and its just amazes me your irony " we delete because we can", this just make you and the board look bad

I really dont know if the problem is ignorance or just bad intentions, and thats what make it interesting and laughable

[edit on 22/7/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

ATS is a verifiable business.

They publicly admit it by press releases.

They did one of such via an established newswire, PRNewswire.

PRNewswire is indexed in many university and commercial news media databases.

See ATS News/Press Releases section here.

Especially the first and third news.

www.abovetopsecret.com/news.html

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
to say its possible presenting the technology that allows websites to collect and maybe sell user information is an ATTACK ?? Come on, I know you want to protect your business, but its not like I am creating a technology, it exists, and its done by many organizations

It's not done by us. A very-small amount of minimal research would lead you to our privacy policy link on every page of the site. In that, we make it clear that no information of ours about our users is ever given to anyone.

Just a little research can go a long way.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
and.. yet again...

Mr. Site Owner.

A few suggestions if I may.

1) less moderators, or more scrutiny with choosing moderators.
2) dont allow common chit chat on the issues thread, it makes it seem less like an issue thread and more like a place to chill and laugh at all the meesly members who are just complaining and whining.
3) take moderator criticism much more seriously.
4) make it more dificult to close threads. discussing forum policy in truth only makes people more aware of the T&C, and shunning such discussion only breeds discontent and degrades the overal atmosphere of the forum.

You see Mr. S.O.,

I work in a place where i cannot talk about conspiracies, or politics, and definately not obama. Government and its policy, as well as religion and international relations are not a topic of debate unless in a proffesional medium pertaining to my work. Anything outside is punishable by imprisonment and fine, and i dont socialize with anyone outside of work, mainly because the last thing i need is to have any complaint get back to work and lead to a questionable character or motive for defection.

But for me, it is necessary to discuss current events in a non-organized and unbound manner. It works out my brain. So in ATS I have found an outlet, that while it may not be completely anonymous, or safe, it is definately enjoyable.

So the value as you see that i have for this site is a great one. And i cannot stand to see power hungry moderators trumping and trampling us wee members. It truly makes me question the validity of the free thinking of this site. Let these people question the moderators! Those that do thier job justly and with reason will stand the test of any clamouring, and I have been witness to more than a few who were truly top notch and diligent in thier craft. Others however, i cannot be so applaudant to.

Anyway, I am not sure if my rantings and complaints will be taken to head, or even heard, but at least I have said my peace. Hopefully I will relocate the reason I love this forum, and find cause to forget my negativity.

Regards,
Wx

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is a situation that has to be considered by all parties involved. Us being members, and of course the owners, and the mod's. This website is on the INTERNET, so there are millions upon millions of people that frequent sites.

ATS, I can truly say is not the norm. Before I found this place, I had been to other sites, where everyone was rude, no one cared about the topic, and cliques were rampant.

When I came to ATS, though it says 2009, it was at least a year before, I didn't feel as if my opinion was even ready for a place like this, I was used to the control of mods, or the "follower" crowd.

I knew that I had to have my A game here, ATS is not popular because they don't do a good job. I'm sure when they first came out, they tried to make everyone happy, but thats not realistic.

Business, is business, and they happen to be in the "conspiracy" business, and I'm sure even now a days they get flack for that. Members will come and go, but ATS will be remembered and cherished by those that have been here for the long haul.

So I say, take it or leave it, I love this place, and though I may disagree, or not exactly get my point across, I know that the mod's got my back, that this is NOT the place to force your aggressions, and if this placed changed those rules, I would leave.

Keep in mind that I have never been to another site where members can even address issues or have the owners have and or share their input with members. Look around, I promise, if you do.. you will be back.

All respect to those that are members, mod's and owners of the place that I have called "my second home"

Peace to you...

new topics

top topics

<< 249  250  251    253  254  255 >>

join