It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not a triangle UFO being shot down.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
A pre-emptive thread. A recent test of Raytheon's ship based laser defense system was a success. Here is a video. Beware. This video will soon appear advertised as a triangle UFO being shot down.

www.popsci.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hahahahahahaha.

That is the most awesome post all day. Please don’t tell me you weren’t trying to be at least a little funny. It would ruin the moment.

Thanks for the heads up! I might have been duped!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I saw this earlier today and it was pretty impressive. Never realized alien spacecraft came down so easily, who knew.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Clearly Phage is a disinfo agent working against us all

Why else would it be in black & white ?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, I don’t know phage, as Rome’s auctorictas principis, the first citizen and highest moral authority; I receive many foreign dignitaries in the dispatch of those duties.

I am here to tell you that I have endured a horrendous day having suffered the very irate ambassador from planet Cygnus 5, furious over the United States shooting down one of its interstellar transport craft with a laser weapon!

He showed me this same video and I politely told him, that they likely thought they were just shooting at swamp gas and that is what it looked like to me!

I think the U.S. Government is just trying to cover its butts on this one. Don’t worry I told the ambassador I would get him a 9:00pm first seating reservations at Spagos this Friday night.

All will be well, all will be well!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

S&F because that is just cool as hell...but can we have some more information on this video please? How much do you know about it, where did you find the video?

EDIT: Ok, I missed the link provided in the OP, but it still didn't work anyway, however I did find some info on the video:

"An unmanned aircraft (Drone) flies through the sky one minute, only to be hit by a laser and burst into flames and crash into the sea.
The video below was shot in May of this year
"

EDIT: Ok...here is all you need to know.

[edit on 19/7/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
sarcasm

This is an obvious ruse. Phage is actually covering for the Chinese who have finally shot down the UFO! To the presses!

/sarcasm

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,
You are the best.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

This totally explains why I found a tiny black triangle wth little ET's in my pool this afternoon. Go figure. Darn t, now I am going to have to clean the pool.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I twas on the BBC site ealrier today, already old news ..
US firm Raytheon has unveiled its anti-aircraft laser at the Farnborough Airshow in Hampshire. The Laser Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) can either be used on its own or alongside a gunnery system. In May, the laser was used to shoot down unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in a series of tests.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Nice preemptive move Phage. It's a little odd how you found that video so fast. Let me guess, one of his subscribers making sure he's not posting anything out of ordinary, so that you could flag it down when necessary?

Anyway, this video was probably not released, without an agenda...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Personally I think you could have added your thoughts to the existing thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or atleast given credit to the original OP...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I read about this weapon earlier.

I wonder how efficient it is!
i bet they have had this laser for ages.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
why is our government shooting down ET spacecraft? are they trying to start intergalactic war?? i'll be locked in the bomb shelter if anyone needs me.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thats going to be a deadly tool in the field. Does anyone know what the specs on it are? Hey not to get off topic, Phage, whats up with that Cleverbot site, its bogus

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Phage

Personally I think you could have added your thoughts to the existing thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or atleast given credit to the original OP...

Personally, I did. In the first thread I saw on the topic.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I thought it would be a good idea to post it here as well because it will show up.

[edit on 7/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Specs are included in the extract below from Source

The Laser Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) can either be used on its own or alongside a gunnery system.

In May, the laser was used to shoot down unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in a series of tests.

Raytheon said the solid state fibre laser produces a 50 kilowatt beam and can be used against UAV, mortar, rockets and small surface ships.

The idea of using lasers as weapons has been around almost as long as the laser itself, invented in 1960.

Related stories
Record power for military laser
'Laser jumbo' testing moves ahead
Initially, the systems were chemical lasers, which get their power from a chemical reaction. They are very large pieces of equipment and are very fuel hungry, requiring a significant quantity of chemicals to drive them. The fuel is frequently toxic, requiring operators to don protective clothing.

Solid state lasers, in contrast, consist of a glass or ceramic material to generate a laser beam.

They are smaller, more compact and only require an energy input to generate the beam, although the energy required is still significant.

However, until recently, solid state lasers were not able to reach the same power levels as chemical lasers and so were not deemed suitable for military use.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Robottix]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OK so anyone know what kind of aircraft that was in the video.. was it a UAV of some sort.. cant recall seeing any stealth shaped UAVs? Did we see a new model?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

A target drone. Meant to be laser meat and nothing more. A clay pigeon. A skeet.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Yes it was a Slow Flying UAV.

Check out my post above, ive included a link to a report on the video.
It has official interviews with personel involved aswell.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join