It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 250
<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

I am confused??? What was the decision? How do you agree with them? I didnt see the thread or the explanation for removal... You link the video.. but you agree with the mods.. I am overly confused right now.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mobius1974

For the most part, I was referring to the possibility that the original thread created by the OP was possibly "Vicious" or "Politically Incorrect" for thread posting, I for one did not get to see the original posted thread, so I am not aware of it's content. The second mention of the video posted on the corresponding thread I did watch and found it rather credible and very enlightening to say the least. It is a very important topic and the video supplied an excellent argument for environmental protection and alternative fuel sources in the near future to preserve our planet and ecosystem as a race.

I wasn't meaning to contradict myself in my post for the "ATS Issues thread" or trying to be confusing, I was just saying there might of been reason's unknown to me from the first thread posted as it would had or could have violated T&C of ATS forums.
Hope that explains my views better? "Ciao!!"

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
250 pages? I think it is silly to close threads and send them here. It means issues are not being brought to our attention. A thread is closed and it disappears from the board. I might start a thread about this issue. Ha.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

If you look through this thread, you'll see that the issues are addressed as staff has time to review this thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So then you blindly stated that you agree with the Mods?? Wow.. bahhha bahhh much?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

NOOOOOOooooooooo!!! I seem to have forgotten my password to both ATS and the email account I set up specifically for use with ATS. In my overly cautious protection of my privacy, I totally screwed myself over. I have it set so that I'm automatically logged into ATS each time I visit (I think -- at least I haven't been logged out yet). But I am completely spacing on whatever clever new password I invented for both sites. Paranoia sucks sometimes.

Is there any way I can change my email address while I'm logged in, w/o knowing my password, or do I have to start over and make a new account? Feeling reeeeeeally stupid now... Yes, feel free to laugh...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Sorry, my post about not being able to change my email address w/o knowing my password is not really an ATS issue.

I'm just being a big baby, hoping there's a way around it. Feel free to delete that if there isn't one.

And thanks for explaining the media portal thing!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
"My ATS" has shown 3 columns ever since I joined ATS, but today all the items in the middle column shifted over to the first column, so now I have one long column on the left, a big blank area in the middle where the middle column used to be, and the right column of subscriptions.

I noticed that when the "My ATS" page started to load, for a fraction of a second I could see the middle column appear before it disappeared and reappeared in the left column.

I tried dong a search about this but didn't find anything so I'm posting the question here:

What happened to my 3 column format in "my ATS" and how can I get it back?

The only thing I noticed as a possible cause, was the subscription column seems a tad wider, possibly since some users in the last post column have some really long usernames, but I tried unsubscribing to some of those threads and that didn't help.

I also tried ctrl+ and ctrl- in Firefox 3.6.6 which expands or shrinks the whole page but that had no effect on the number of columns. Please help.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Happened to me before - pretty sure it's a long thread title.

A VERY long thread title, that is improperly spaced.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thanks for the feedback, glad to know it's not just me. If I knew what thread it was, I'd unsubscribe. But I see the titles have word wrap and are up to 3 lines long, even the longer usernames wrap to a 2nd line, so with the word wrap feature I'm not sure why it has to make the column wider, if that's really what the problem is.

Edit to add, I found the problem thread with your hint. The problem is lack of spaces in the long title. Here is the culprit:

Secrets.Warehouse_13.Mandible.Part_1 and 2

Can a mod please fix the thread title by adding some spaces and inform the poster to use spaces in the thread title instead of dots and underlines? I submitted an alert/complaint form about this.

Edit to thank masqua for fixing the thread title...PROBLEM SOLVED! (until the next person posts a spaceless thread title, anyway
Maybe the new ATS format won't have this vulnerability to a single title.)

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That's what I mean about the spacing - a very long word, or incorrect spacing will not work with word wrap.

Just keep an eye out - eventually, the thread will go off the bottom of the list and everything will be back to "normal"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
CONSPIRACY CHICKS POPUP

I've noticed this has been addressed in no less then 3 threads by various posters yet there has still been no explanation nor any change regarding this pop up.

I'm not sure why ATS can't designate a small permanent section of the homepage to videos instead of having this ANNOYING pop up appear EVERYTIME the home page is loaded regardless of whether or not a person is signed in or not.

I understand that it's important for ATS to generate traffic and income but EVERYONE hates pop ups so this is obviously NOT the way to do it.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee to remove ALL ads and get some premium services/sections.

Back to my original question:
Are we going to be forced to deal with this pop up until we stop coming to ATS ???

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Maybe the mod that deleted it is being paid off by big oil? Who else wouldnt want the truth to be told??

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Just don't go to the start page.

I have the recent topics page bookmarked and go straight to that and no pop ups

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

Maybe the mod that deleted it is being paid off by big oil? Who else wouldnt want the truth to be told??

Spoken like a true Conspiracy Theorist, well done Sir or M'am, well done!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

...Go straight to topics page! That's a great idea.
Will do.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by rangersdad

Spoken like a true Conspiracy Theorist, well done Sir or M'am, well done!

thank you thank you!!!!
now where is the emote that lets me take a bow???

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sometimes preceding a member being banned, you can see it coming.
They might be wearing the dreaded red "warn" for several days, sometimes even several of them together.

If one has an investigative nature, you can look at their recent posts and see a variety of OT's and Extreme Violations, most often confined to one thread.

But sometimes a member is just vanished. Postings reveal no OT's, no violations. Nothing anywhere to give a clue as to what happened.

Just Poof!....Banned.

What might be some of the reasons for such an event? I'm just curious. I kinda lost a friend today, and can't find the cause for it, although I am quite sure there is a reason.

I can help but wonder what in the world happened. I thought he was a good solid member.?

Without OT's and Extreme Violations, can you give me an idea of what might happen to precipitate such a quick vamoose?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

A lot of things go on "Behind the Scenes" with the Staff.. U2Us and the like..

This limits the drama on the board which does not benefit anyone.

Perhaps this explains your question? I hope...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
IMHO this issues thread isn't working very well. The other day someone had a question on why something was changed here on ATS. I think it had to do with the 'Flag Contribution Level' that has replaced a display of points. A moderator came on and said, "This has been discussed in the issues thread. Go look it up!" She could have simply explained it in a couple of sentences, but she chose to be haughty about it.

But it was also a poor answer. This thread is 250 pages long. Do you really expect people to go through 250 pages to find the answer to a question that has been discussed in this thread? That's a mind boggling amount of work! Would you do it?

new topics

top topics

<< 247  248  249    251  252  253 >>

join