It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush admits to secret CIA prisons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:23 PM
link   
President Bush has acknowledged the existence of secret CIA prisons and said 14 key terrorist suspects have now been sent to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

news.bbc.co.uk...

found it an interesting read whats your views?

mod edit, spelling/grammar

[edit on 6-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
here is another link
yahoo news

WASHINGTON - President Bush on Wednesday acknowledged previously secret CIA prisons around the world and said 14 high-value terrorism suspects -- including the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks

bbc states the name of an alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks. This one says "the mastermind" which would lead us all to think osama. if Osama wasnt the mastermind, then why the hell have we been told that from the begining. That is just the first of a long list of things that pisses me off about this. No trust at all.

Here is another thing
a quote from your link above

"This programme has helped us to take potential mass murderers off the streets before they have a chance to kill," the president said.

I dont care how you look at that. That is SO unAmerican it is mind blowing!

Im gonna stop there FOR NOW until I can figure a better way to word the rest so I wont get banned.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara

bbc states the name of an alleged mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks. This one says "the mastermind" which would lead us all to think osama. if Osama wasnt the mastermind, then why the hell have we been told that from the begining. That is just the first of a long list of things that pisses me off about this. No trust at all.

Theres a difference, mastermind as in who planned the attacks, and Osama is just a leader who approved and supported the attacks. Sheik Mohammed was the mastermind.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
How many scandals is it going to take to get this man out of office?!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
....regarding the secret prisons, I just saw something on the news about it over here only half an hour ago. Very Interesting.
I'll check out the links provided.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Souljah started a thread about these prisons in early 2005.
For reference, I have provided the link below

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You should check out the old thread about it. Plenty of people doubted that those prisons even existed. I say conspiracy junkies 1, debunkers 0.

What interests me is why they decided to come out with it now. The way I see it it's one of 3.
1. There's a power struggle between the executive and legislative branches and a part of it is about establishing military tribunals with extraoridinary powers to try the terror suspects. The powers would include withholding evidence from the defence and the defendant and admiting coerced evidence (basically admission made under torture).
news.yahoo.com...

President Bush pushed a hard line Wednesday on trying terror suspects through military tribunals, exhorting Congress to allow evidence to be withheld from a defendant if necessary to protect classified information.

and

Another potential point of conflict is whether coerced testimony should be admissible. Administration officials have said allowing coerced testimony in some cases may be necessary, but McCain said the committee bill would ban it entirely.

With the Supreme court declaring the Guantanamo tribunals illegal, this is another try to grant extraoridinary power to executive branch.

2. Election campaign PR. Kind of "look we are bringing top terrorists to justice and Democrats are unhappy about it".

3. Someone got some real hard evidence and was about to blow the whistle on it so they preempted it with their own admission.

I vote for no. 1.
What do you think guys?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
How is this man not impeached yet?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hmm they finally admit the prisons but deny any torture.

How long before they state 'there may have been some torture but it was as a result of local operatives over-stepping their brief. It just happened, it wasn't policy.'?

News management (ie lying) at its finest.

Also 14 guys shipped to G'mo - yee hah! - but out of how many 'processed'? 200?, 500?, 5,000? - how many lives have been ruined to gather 14 prisoners? how may died in captivity?

This is not the full story just a titbit thrown to the sheeple.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I heard about these "secret prisons" about 2 years ago but was sceptical. I also heard that there are many of these prisons in the US itself. I must admit that I pray each day that that horror of a man (Bush) would disappear off the face of this earth before he destroys it entirely. I see more and more TV programmes dealing with the subject of a lying US government (e.g. E-Ring) and it seems that people are now so desensitized that it has become a case of "Yeah well, tell us something we don't know" but nobody actual DOES anything about it. The whole world seems to be spiralling out of control...Iraq, Iran, Israel, UK, US, N & S Korea, etc, etc...and everywhere you turn, the US seems to have had some involvement either prior to, during or after whatever "unrest" has occurred. Will Mr Bush, pretty please, just keep his nose out of the rest of the world's affairs and concentrate on destroying his own country and leave the rest of us to look after our own.

I no longer believe a word he says (or gets told to say) so I have no doubt that there is an agenda behind his admission of secret prisons. I do not for one moment think that torture did not take place in some or all of these secret facilities and I agree with others on this thread that there is much more to this than we are being told.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf2hd

What interests me is why they decided to come out with it now. The way I see it it's one of 3.

1. There's a power struggle

2. Election campaign PR.

3. Someone....was about to blow the whistle

what's also interesting is that the administration is calling them Prisons

rather than refering to these foreign places as
'detention facilities', 'de-briefing kasserns', 'Quaranteen hostels',
or something else less stark & dehumanizing than a CIA Secret Prison...

unless the term 'prison' was deliberate & intentional,
so the populace might make the unconsciencious linking between

terroristsprisonsconspiracy theoriststerrorists

as to the informal poll; [i vote #2]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous
Hmm they finally admit the prisons but deny any torture.

Lies, lies and more lies! MF lieing LIARS!

From the article
The new guidelines forbid all torture, the use of dogs to intimidate prisoners, water boarding - the practice of submerging prisoners in water - any kind of sexual humiliation, and many other interrogation techniques.

Man, read the article carefully. This is an admition of torture. Under the new guidelines all this stuff is forbiden but in the old guidelines it was alowed? Do this people think we are retarded or what?

Wake up people, we are being deceived!

[edit on 7-9-2006 by yanchek]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Noticed how all the debunkers from those old threads are mysteriously absent from this...

Slink away debunkers the CT'ers have won this round...

Thanks Bush for confirming it.... traitor

Lets go debunkers step right up.. lets hear it... there are NO SECRET PRISONS....roflmao

stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

So he admits to the secret illegal prisons... and nothing is going to be done about it...what a suprise.

I am so sick of this administration lying.... how addicted to lying are these guys? Its like everyday another lie pours forth from our govt. EVERYDAY!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It will be Fun to observe the People who Complained and Defended the bushies back in 2005 in my thread, which links provided dear Moderator DontTreadOnMe.

Sooooooooooooo - what now?

Will anything change?

Me not think so...

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LovingSoul
Will Mr Bush, pretty please, just keep his nose out of the rest of the world's affairs and concentrate on destroying his own country and leave the rest of us to look after our own.

You are killing me man.

WATS for this one.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
It will be Fun to observe the People who Complained and Defended the bushies back in 2005 in my thread, which links provided dear Moderator DontTreadOnMe.

Will anything change?

Me not think so...

You have voted Souljah for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Heads up for taking all the critic on that thread and others and not stepping down from your point of view.Its good to see some people stand up for the truth, get bashed for it but still keep on going.

So where are the debunkers now ? Lets hope that the whole truth will come out some time

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Will anything change?

Me not think so...

Yes, Souljah, things will change. Americans will only take or allow so much. As for what now....I am anxious to see, because Bush is a redneck cowboy with money and power. This treatment is what redneck cowboys believe in. Another thing about rednecks, is they like to boast about what they have done. Which is most likely why the Pres of Iran wants to debate with him. So, just sit back and watch. When he is put in a position to defend himself, he will start boasting. All kinds of stuff will start flying out of his mouth. I think they dont want to push impeachment right now, because that would start a political tidal wave. However, if he does start boasting like I think he will.......might not have to worry about that. I just dont think anyone is too crazy about the fella behind door number 2. Cheny is not someone anyone wants in office. That being said, patience and damage controll is about all we can do at the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
one day those secret prisons, those violations of human right and the geneva conventions, one day your government is going to put US citizens in those secret prisons, where their tortured screams cannot be heard, if this day has not already come.

But by then, your civil rights would have been so heavily erroded that no one will care, or be able to do anything about it, the signs are already begining to show, they don't even bother to hide it anymore, the fact that they have dirty secrets.

I highly doubt you will be able to change this inevitable fate but when it happens do remember that i told you so.

but then i'm just a crazy conspiracy theorist right? i mean it's not we where ever right about anything, the CIA have secret prisons? craziness.

Souljah has been vindicated
I think that anyone who has a conspiracy theory on this forum that proves to be true, should get some kind of award.
perhaps moderator status? or better yet, a star next to there name to indicate that they should be more closely listened to.
Who else is for this motion?
-------------

Also, i feel i should add, everyone that didn't belive Souljah should have some kind of penalty, perhaps a donkey next to their name.
any moderator paying attention to this?

Famous last words

"Oh yes....if these are so "secret", why do we know so much about them? If we know so much about them, why are they still in operation?-Army"

"How can they hope to run anything like this, when Joe public can gain access to it? It states that its information is kept secret from the public. -bikereddie"

Yeah that's right, i'm rubbing it in, these people this pro bush debunkers are wrong about everything and we are right about everything.

[edit on 8-9-2006 by Syrian Sister]

Edn

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If you read closely to what Bush said "The US does not torture. I have not authorised it and I will not." he did not say anything about torturing people outside the US where it may be perfectly legal to do.

Also this "He added that the CIA treated detainees humanely and did not use torture." he did not say that someone else may have tortured them.

No matter what the only reason you keep a "secret prision" is if you are wrongfully holding prisoners or you need to use means that are outside of the law.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I remember somebody said that America was outsourcing torture...
We seem to be losing our jobs to other countries that can torture terrorists at a cheaper price.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join