It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: U.S.: 'Very High' Chance of WMD Terror Strike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The possibility of a Terrorist attack in the US is "Very High" according to a senior U.S. counterterrorism official. The scenario that is most worrying to the US at the moment is the possibility of a biological attack and according to Crumpton al-Qaeda had been seeking to develop anthrax before the overthrow of the Taliban regime in 2001.

www.cnn.com
LONDON, England (AP) -- There is a "very high" probability that a terrorist group will strike using nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, a senior U.S. counterterrorism official said in comments published Tuesday.

"I rate the probability of terror groups using (weapons of mass destruction) as very high," U.S. State Department counterterrorism coordinator Henry Crumpton was quoted as saying by the Daily Telegraph newspaper. "It is simply a question of time."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems now that with everything that is going on adding more fuel to the fire to get everyone worked up is the goal now. With Iran now defying the UN the call now is FEAR this and FEAR that... were being attacked .. again. I doubt anything will come of this as it seems to be just anther ploy to get everyone on side with the coming events.

Additional Link
[edit on 17-1-2006 by North Rider]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Bushes ratings must be falling fast, order up another false attack... When will the corrupt government of our country ever learn. I wonder if all these idiots ever read "The boy who cried wolf"?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Here we go again...

Of course, anything to get u glued to the television sets, and worried, umm Al queda is Back., lol Bush at it again. Be very afraid!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
if this goes anywhere I betcha the Bushcons are going to try and tie it to Iran

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The second I saw all the info about Iran breaking seals and then the US asking the UN to put forth a resolution against Iran, and then the headline of Iran unlikely to cooperate, all that ran through my mind is: Here we go again!

Is Vegas taking odds on what US City is going to get a "terrorist attack" this time around, complete with strategically placed passports in the rubble?

And, if there is a 'Very High' change of WMD terror strike, why aren't we raising the terror level from orange to fushcia or whatever the danger/imminent attack is?

The government spins more than a DJ at a danceclub

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well If US is planning to attack Iran the propaganda machine has to be put in high gear you know.

But what US should be afraid off is Pakistan instability and the already growing resentment of the people in Pakistan against the US doing operations in their lands.

But the are our "friends" and the target now is Iran, so they can strike us anytime.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Panic! Panic! Terror! Fear! Be Scared! Roar! Martha Stewart is going to come and firebomb your home and steal your children!

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I actually think it's the opposite. There is a "Very Low" chance of a WMD Terrorist attack. Why? Risk/Reward Ratio is way too low. They would achieve much more impact by conducting systems attacks, like attack power stations, water treatment plants you know things like that. The basic goal of such strikes is to create cascading failures across a wide range of infrastructure types with few to nil casuaties on their part. Remember the NE Blackout? If they find out where and when to hit us, they can in effect achieve a MWD type of attack without actually using any WMDs. I know it's not as frightful as Antrax or a Dirty Bomb, but the damage/terror potential is the same. One well place Suicide attack can in effect cripple a city just as effectively as setting off a dirty bomb.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Riiiight of course, just like the last 500 times it was supposed to happen since 2001.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It certainly is only a matter of time. The days of organized militaries duking it out on an open battlefield are over. Now you have rogue operators, not even necessarily representiang a nation state, that have access to weapons on the black market. With technology today people are able to engineer biological and chemical weapons right in their own basements. In addition to that, the vacuum left behind by the fall of the Soviet Union has seen a massive proliferation of technology, equipment and weapons - not to mention talent for hire to create these abominations.

Yes, sadly it is only a matter of time. What concerns me is that you people are all so worried about the boogey man created by the government, al queda. Most likely it won't be al queda at all. It'll probably be some kind of loner with a vendetta against society. Or it could be some fringe element from any other number of fanatical elements. Whatever... it will happen some day.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What the gentleman is stating is correct, it is just a matter of time. It does not have to coordinate with an attack on Iran, their leader is doing a bang up job. So much that now China and Russia are backing off support and wanting action just short of full economic sanctions.

From the day in 93 when the WTC did not come down, they planned 9/11. Before 9/11 was greenlighted, they were planning the next attack in the new century. More than likely bio or nuclear. They is not the government, it is Al-Qeada or any number of other factions out there with enough hate to want to destroy America. It could be domestic terror. This is not fear mongering, it is just a fact.

I still think that sporting everts or Wal-marts would be good targets. Simultaneous attacks over the course of a few days.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I agree Kozmo, but you know that al-qaida is what keeps the war on terror alive.

Without them it will be not war on terror, so they most be kept alive.

They will take over Iran and used nuclear weapons against us.

TPL

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
And if they are going to attack what am i to do? Hide under a table for the rest of my life? If i do that the terrorists have won. The chances of me actually being blown up are minimal and the chances of me being in a position to prevent an attack are also minimal, i might as well not worry about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey people, dont laugh...Something is coming...of this i am sure. Where its coming from, i dont know.

Fox news and others are terrifying to watch. But thats the whole idea. If and when something happens, we wont know exactly WHO is to blame, will we?! I already have my bet on who and where the terror will come from.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
No laughing matter at all... it is a certainty. In fact, it was a certainty the day that the nuclear Djini was released from the bottle, the day that someone learned to genetically engineer a virus or bacterium, the very day that someone learned that certain chemicals were fatally harmful to mankind. Those moments in history ensured that at some point in the future mankind's worse nightmares would be realized... and to some extent they already have - Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Mustard gas in WWII, Nerve gas used by Saddam, West Nile Virus, most likely AIDS and bird flu - sadly, the list goes on and on, into perpetuity. As a result, history is doomed to repeat itself as it has done time and again. Why? Because we have yet to learn from our past in a way that would affect a change upon our future. We will certainly err again. This time it will be a rogue and our err will have been our failure to act before it was too late.

Yes, a matter of "When" not at all "If."

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Quick, everyone hide in your bathtub with a pillow over your head! There's no time to waste!

The whole thing is supernaturally stupid. Grifters have set up shop in Washington, and they're sucking this country dry. Play along if you want, 'it don't matter to Jesus.'

If y'all lived your lives properly, death wouldn't be quite so scary. Just sayin'...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Quick, everyone hide in your bathtub with a pillow over your head! There's no time to waste!

Don't worry dutch tape and plastic bags will do the trip.

War is very profitable, war in terror is very expensive and it's profits to be made and death lines to be kept.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Wyrd,

You mean if things were like they used to be? During the B.B. era? (BB stands for before Bush)

Now, i dont think a pillow and the tub will help.
I think we better start digging underground facilities. Yea, thats it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Is this really a light hearted topic to talk about. Has everyone on this thread forgotten about 9/11? Take a step back and realize where you were that day, how you wanted to talk to loved ones, and how in the MONTHS following that attack, we were all on edge. The posts here repesent the complacency that is slowing bleeding America and will allow a fanatical believer in someone or something to cripple us in the blink of an eye. Our guard is down America...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
marg

Don't worry dutch tape and plastic bags will do the trip.

I almost forgot about that old chestnut...

I don't know what I'm doing wrong! I put the plastic bag on my head and wrapped the duct tape around my neck, but I just keep dying! There must be terrorists in my house right now, asphyxiating me with their WMD's!

eek!

dgtempe

You mean if things were like they used to be? During the B.B. era? (BB stands for before Bush)

That's funny (B.B. era), I'm gonna have to remember that.

Now, i dont think a pillow and the tub will help. I think we better start digging underground facilities. Yea, thats it.

I would have put a bunker in the back yard, but the stupid gas company said I would blow the neighborhood up if I tried.

Shows what they know! I've got a huge hole already dug up, all that's left to do is smash this big metal root with my backhoe...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join