It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine revolution: 150,000 Russian troops on alert as US warns Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

The US warned Moscow to be "very careful" in its judgements after Vladimir Putin put armed forces in western Russia on alert, as tensions mounted in the pro-Russian Crimea over the overthrow of Moscow ally Viktor Yanukovych by pro-European protesters.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Now there are many news that people brought here because they thought it could trigger WWIII and I laugh of most but this one worries me a bit !
edit on 26-2-2014 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good find interesting development.

It's a little worrisome but I don't think this will trigger a war between Russia and the U.S.

I can see this developing into a civil war within Ukraine but I don't think it will develop to a world war or even a regional war.

(we all have opinions.
)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

I'm not so confident about that..
They may..may get away with Crimea.. but if they invade Ukraine,
a line has to be drawn on Putin's dreams of a new Russian empire.

Scary as it might sound, I believe we need stop Russia before they get any ideas about the
rest of the old Soviet States.

While we're on the subject.. it's about time Russia was told to
go swivel on their policy on Syria.. Putin's mafia is keeping Assad in power.

Hope the Russian people turn on Putin.

edit on 26-2-2014 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

+42 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The US warning a nation not to get involved in another country's affairs.

www.zerohedge.com...

The White House is urging "outside actors" to respect Ukraine's sovereignty, as neighboring Russia prepares for massive military exercises.

There really aren't the words for the sheer hypocrisy.

+11 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

khimbar
The US warning a nation not to get involved in another country's affairs.

www.zerohedge.com...

The White House is urging "outside actors" to respect Ukraine's sovereignty, as neighboring Russia prepares for massive military exercises.

There really aren't the words for the sheer hypocrisy.

The US is no more Hypocritical than Russia.. Who insist it's up to the people
of Syria to remove Assad!

Putin is afraid of the people.. and so he should be. Only the most naive
agree Putin is an elected democratic leader.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

rigel4

Scary as it might sound, I believe we need stop Russia before they get any ideas about the

Who is WE? And whoever that is, why do you feel compelled that We has the right to stop Russia or any country for that matter to take a certain action? Who gives WE the right to act as a world police and decide who does what? And who said Assad regime is the bad guys and not the rats of Al Qaida who fight against him ?
edit on 26-2-2014 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yeah, watch out or we throw in a red line LOL.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Telos

rigel4

Who is WE? And whoever that is, why do you feel compelled that We has the right to stop Russia or any country for that matter to take a certain action? Who gives WE the right to act as a world police and decide who does what? And who said Assad regime is the bad guys and not the rats of Al Qaida who fight against him are the good one?

WE in this case, are the Nato Alliance and Western Europe.
I guess you're just a kid or you would understand Divisions that still
divide East and West after the break of up of the old Soviet Union.

+34 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

rigel4

Telos

rigel4

Who is WE? And whoever that is, why do you feel compelled that We has the right to stop Russia or any country for that matter to take a certain action? Who gives WE the right to act as a world police and decide who does what? And who said Assad regime is the bad guys and not the rats of Al Qaida who fight against him are the good one?

WE in this case, are the Nato Alliance and Western Europe.
I guess you're just a kid or you would understand Divisions that still
divide East and West after the break of up of the old Soviet Union.

No actually I'm not a kid at all and I've lived very well the division between west and east, actually I was right in the middle of it. And don't be an hypocrite because NATO=USA. And Western Europe at the time being wouldn't give an rat's @ss about Russia or divisions of the past cold war. This war mongering mentality is typical american. Always feeling the need to interfere in other countries business and flexing the muscles and bullying around. Mind your own business America. Enough trouble you've cost around the world. Enough wars you've initiated around the world. Enough souls have gone lost because you feel you have the right to decide for the whole world. Just stay away and mind your own damn business...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

rigel4

You can be the first one to march on Moscow then.

I be right behind you, 1783.2 miles behind you to be exact in my comfortable and most importantly WARM house.

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Ok, so I've starred both of your posts. Loved the point you were making.

This part however is an annoyance.

Telos
This war mongering mentality is typical american. Always feeling the need to interfere in other countries business and flexing the muscles and bullying around. Mind your own business America. Enough trouble you've cost around the world. Enough wars you've initiated around the world. Enough souls have gone lost because you feel you have the right to decide for the whole world. Just stay away and mind your own damn business...

Because, as an American, and as far as all the citizens I personally know... we would LOVE for our government to mind its own business. Please stop saying this is a typical American mentality because it is not. The typical American mentality is - to each their own. We are for the people. All people. Not big governments.

I would love to think nothing is going to come of all this, I would love to think there was no way for this to turn into WWIII. It just seems so inevitable anymore.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

mrsdudara
Ok, so I've starred both of your posts. Loved the point you were making.

This part however is an annoyance.

Telos
This war mongering mentality is typical american. Always feeling the need to interfere in other countries business and flexing the muscles and bullying around. Mind your own business America. Enough trouble you've cost around the world. Enough wars you've initiated around the world. Enough souls have gone lost because you feel you have the right to decide for the whole world. Just stay away and mind your own damn business...

Because, as an American, and as far as all the citizens I personally know... we would LOVE for our government to mind its own business. Please stop saying this is a typical American mentality because it is not. The typical American mentality is - to each their own. We are for the people. All people. Not big governments.

I would love to think nothing is going to come of all this, I would love to think there was no way for this to turn into WWIII. It just seems so inevitable anymore.

Don't misunderstand me. Or maybe I misspoke but what I meant is lawmakers, the leaders and certain apparatus of USA are the warmongers, not the people. Some of them get infected with that mentality but absolutely not the majority. I live north of the border so I know that to be true.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
WHO the HELL does Obama and his Black House think they are to tell Russia how they can or cannot rule their own people in their own country?

That's like if we had a civil war ( say north and south for instance Obama for the North), Russia would step in and say Nope Obama, you cannot step in and war with those folks in the South !

You think Obama would stand for this.. I think not.. thats once again how STUPID Obama is. We have no right to interfere at all even if millions of Russians on both sides are killed. No right at all !

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Can't believe there are so may naive posters on here... or are you simply playing to the
local crowd???

+9 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Surely you can find a less ignorant way to state your opinion... the overwhelming scent of racism covers an otherwise good point that Yes the US should stay out of it as we would expect others to stay out of our affairs.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

rigel4
Can't believe there are so may naive posters on here... or are you simply playing to the
local crowd???

Russia has 1000's of Nukes.

No one has EVER successfully invaded Russia.

Combine the two and you get SUCIDE!

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
WHO the HELL does Obama and his Black House think they are to tell Russia how they can or cannot rule their own people in their own country?

That's like if we had a civil war ( say north and south for instance Obama for the North), Russia would step in and say Nope Obama, you cannot step in and war with those folks in the South !

You think Obama would stand for this.. I think not.. thats once again how STUPID Obama is. We have no right to interfere at all even if millions of Russians on both sides are killed. No right at all !

I am very conservative but you are way out of line calling it the Black house. Have a little respect for the office and stop the racial crap. I am surprised a member with your standing would sink to such a level.

And if you think the PTB running this country are stupid you might want to rethink that. The progressives are anything but stupid they are scary smart and that is a big problem.
edit on 26-2-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

"You live north of the border so you know that to be true?" How arrogant you are! Not even enough humility to acknowledge that it's an opinion. Nope, you know that to be true. Amazing!

+4 more 
link   

crazyewok

rigel4
local crowd???

Russia has 1000's of Nukes.

No one has EVER successfully invaded Russia.

Combine the two and you get SUCIDE!

In NO way did i say or imply that anyone should Invade Russia..
I'm simply saying that Russia (Putin) wants it's empire back.. so the logic
is if the West were to back down over a Russian Invasion of Ukraine, then
who's to say that Poland, Hungary or the slav states or Belarus or Lithuania etc are not next.

The Ukrainian crisis is not of the West's making despite what some on here believe.
European powers and the States are keeping themselves Involved for the very reasons
I have just laid out above.

For once I entirely agree with Obama and the Western Powers.

Screw Russia

+1 more 
link   
all russia has to do is switch off the gas pipeline and sit back and wait within 7 days the west would be begging for help

and not a bullet fired

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join