It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine revolution: 150,000 Russian troops on alert as US warns Putin

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by amkia

Perhaps, in making your point, you could show an example of something the US has done that is in any way similar in the past, say, 20 years?

Remember, what we're talking about here is a very possible land-grab from Russia and the split of a nation as a result of historic Soviet colonisation. Now if you could find an example of the US doing such a thing, I am all ears...

Isn’t every damn war US made (since WWII) is to protecting their “interests” around the globe..? 68 years and every single damn year of it was and still is war with this/that and war on..?

Give me a break mate..

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by crazyewok

Russia might take Alaska as a down payment...but that wouldn't be enough to give up Sevastopol.

I think he'll go to open shooting before giving that up. They'd do well to just make peace with the idea the Russian Naval base is there until the lease is up or Moscow chooses to vacate.

i remember reading a story online that the check for alaska had never been cashed meaning that the tsar was cheated out off it and it was taken in gold by a con -man

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

What do you think this is all about?

It's about keeping hold of the Crimea and Sevastopol - the home of the Black Sea Fleet and of great strategic importance to Russia. If Russia sends troops into the Ukraine, they are likely to support any pro-Russian breakaway "republics" like they did in Georgia, which would include all the border areas and the Crimea.

Otherwise, what would be the point of Russia rattling it's sabre? They've done this before, it's pretty standard MO for them. Set up puppet Governments in the regions that are pro-Russian (see South Ossetia or Abkhazia) and then when they get into a spot of bother or face arguments over who owns what, send in the cavalry to "protect Russian interests" which invariably ends up as a bloody mess and the expulsion of any "non-Russian" citizen - in the case of Abkhazia, they expelled all Georgians from the territory.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

xavi1000

I dont see a very possible land-grab from Russia.

Well they already on and well established on the land they want to grab.

Its all about the Crimea and especially Sevastopol.

The ex Ukrainian government which was pro-Russian was quite happy to have them there. If the new Ukrainian government even hints at asking for Sevastopol back? Well Ukraine will find themselves 1 peninsular short.

edit on 26-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Otherwise, what would be the point of Russia rattling it's sabre? They've done this before, it's pretty standard MO for them. Set up puppet Governments in the regions that are pro-Russian (see South Ossetia or Abkhazia) and then when they get into a spot of bother or face arguments over who owns what, send in the cavalry to "protect Russian interests" which invariably ends up as a bloody mess and the expulsion of any "non-Russian" citizen - in the case of Abkhazia, they expelled all Georgians from the territory.

Lets see

US Version
Otherwise, what would be the point of America rattling it's sabre? They've done this before, it's pretty standard MO for them. Set up puppet Governments in the regions that are pro-American (see South South-Korea or Egypt ) and then when they get into a spot of bother or face arguments over who owns what, send in the cavalry to "protect US interests" which invariably ends up as a bloody mess and the expulsion of any "non-American Sympathizers" citizen

Same can be said about Europe.

They are all equal bad acting for their own, NEVER for the people.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago226uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Some bad examples there -

South Korea isn't a US puppet and the War was sanctioned by the UN and fought by many nations, not just America in response to Communist aggression.

Egypt - when did America invade Egypt and install a puppet Government there? Must have missed that one....

In neither example has the US (or the nation concerned) expelled "non US sympathiser citizens" either....

You really didn't put much thought into that, did you?

edit on 26/2/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Why support any of this, from either side? Stop the Russians AND the West. They are BOTH tools for the NWO criminal banking empire...how #ing blind do you have to be, even on this site which talks about it basically non-stop!?!?!?! War is nothing but a tool to control the masses and line the pockets of war-mongers (banking elite). Any action, Russian or Western is totally inappropriate. IF the Russians make a move, I hope to god that the west doesn't involve itself. People in the west need to take a stand against stupidity! Are we not all on this site to deny ignorance? To believe that a war on any scale must go on, is nothing BUT ignorance!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The us government has its nose in everybodys business they tell the rest of the world how to live,tell them whats best for them and the list goes on we have troops all ovet the planet in the name of national security, we are the biggest bunch of terrorists there is and we cant even get things right in our own country. I think every country wer occupy should send us home until we fix our own house.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Here is a well written article on the nuances of the Russian Crimea situation

It even states that Russians consider Crimea as rightfully Russian, only transferring to the Ukraine through a "bizarre twist of fate". The article also discusses whether Russia would risk a confrontation and also draws on comparisons with Georgia 2008.

This is less about US/Western "interfering" and more to do with a long running problem within Ukraine itself, stemming from the Soviet days and before.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

On top of the real situation in the Crimea, I'd like to also add the Holodomor as another reason why many Ukrainians really don't overly enjoy the 'loving' embrace of Morther Russia.

I'd add a link, but... ughiness abounds.
edit on 26/2/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
What while Russia has warned the US against action in Libya, Syria, and Iran? Hypocracy indeed.

khimbar
The US warning a nation not to get involved in another country's affairs.

www.zerohedge.com...

The White House is urging "outside actors" to respect Ukraine's sovereignty, as neighboring Russia prepares for massive military exercises.

There really aren't the words for the sheer hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Interestingly, I have just found out about the Memorandum on Security Assuarances singed by the US, Russia and the UK in 1994 with respect to the Ukraine, in which they all promise to uphold Ukraine's territorial integrity as well as "to refrain from economic coercion designed to subordinate to their own interest the exercise by Ukraine of the rights inherent in its sovereignty and thus to secure advantages of any kind."

It would certainly seem that Russia has already gone back on one part of this agreement, with the "economic coercion" so the question is will they renege on another - namely the territorial integrity?

Just another bit of history for this crisis that some may have missed, especially in the dash to point the finger at US/Western "meddling"

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

minusinfinity
Good find interesting development.

It's a little worrisome but I don't think this will trigger a war between Russia and the U.S.

I can see this developing into a civil war within Ukraine but I don't think it will develop to a world war or even a regional war.

(we all have opinions.
)

They are in the same team in any way so a war ... in appearance only to create fear and further the global agenda if it really ever happens.

As to what Ukraine has to do with Russia, could it be a matter of weapon/drug smuggling ally the Russia has with Ukraine ? I am really wondering why Putin would be ready to put 150k troops on steadiness. More over, Snowden is still in Russia, don't you forget it please.

I will ask the question again, what could Russia want to protect/be it's interest in Ukraine more precisely, this is the big question, do not forget Putin is a man which does not let himself being impressed with civil disobedience, we have seen this countless times within his regime, watch now how he is going to act, it might get interesting.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Russia should just ignore the US because the USA don't have the balls to do anything to a country that can actually bite back. Time for the nations of the world to stand up to the high jacked government of the United States. The USA can't really afford to go to war with any nation with significant armaments anyway. Plus the US citizens would never approve of a war with Russia for any reason. The USA is the school yard bully, and will only pick on nations who don't stand a chance. Russia could really hurt the US and they have much more natural resources than the USA does.

My prediction: If Russia does make any moves into the Ukraine, the USA will talk tough for a while till Putin calls their bluff once again, then Obama will once again tuck his tail between his legs and back away.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

mrsdudara
Ok, so I've starred both of your posts. Loved the point you were making.

This part however is an annoyance.

Telos
This war mongering mentality is typical american. Always feeling the need to interfere in other countries business and flexing the muscles and bullying around. Mind your own business America. Enough trouble you've cost around the world. Enough wars you've initiated around the world. Enough souls have gone lost because you feel you have the right to decide for the whole world. Just stay away and mind your own damn business...

Because, as an American, and as far as all the citizens I personally know... we would LOVE for our government to mind its own business. Please stop saying this is a typical American mentality because it is not. The typical American mentality is - to each their own. We are for the people. All people. Not big governments.

I would love to think nothing is going to come of all this, I would love to think there was no way for this to turn into WWIII. It just seems so inevitable anymore.

Actually the truth hurts! I as an American know all to well the apathetic persona of the common American that
has allowed so many wrongs not only abroad but here as well! Our government has manipulated so many nation
states to keep the petro dollar strong and the whoring military industrial complex in the green that we have even
gotten used to such actions! We have denied the evil intent of our country, ignorant to the truth and pointing
fingers at those in office when guilt forces our eyes to see! It seems very convenient for so many to blame the status
quo without taking any of the credit for our own complacency! This kind of thinking will never bring down TPTB
but will allow those in the annals of government to continue destroying lives both abroad and now here! If TPTB
did not start to feed off it's own people, the people would not ever have noticed the pure evil which is tearing our world
to pieces! It has become painfully obvious to me how America has become a very selfish land where most only care
about materialism, fame and wealth! It saddens me to no end how we started out a republic united for freedom,
individuality and ended up a self serving plutocracy intent on trampling the bottom 99.9% for the benefit of so
few! I fear in the end things will continue to deteriorate into a dystopian nightmare, possibly far worse then even
Orwell or Huxley could have ever imagined! If this day should ever come may God have mercy on us all!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

crazyewok

rigel4
Can't believe there are so may naive posters on here... or are you simply playing to the
local crowd???

Russia has 1000's of Nukes.

No one has EVER successfully invaded Russia.

Combine the two and you get SUCIDE!

Not really it's not suicide if you both die or Star Wars is operational

No one has ever successfully invaded Europe or the UK or the US, and if it wasn't for the allies in WWII Russia would have been steamrolled by Nazi Germany,

The allies have over 40,000 aircraft 30 aircraft carriers Vs Russia 1 aircraft carrier and 4,000 aircraft

This time the allies will steam roll Russia instead for sure

Russia should keep its bribers, spies, and nose out of Ukraine and let the people of Ukraine decide there own future... The same foes for Syria

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It's also not strictly true that Russia has never been successfully invaded - that's a myth stemming from just two rather badly managed invasions, Napoleons and the Germans.

The former because of logistical issues and over-confidence, the latter because Hitler got too involved in operational matters and they neglected the Blitzkrieg doctrine, instead getting bogged down in attrition battles instead of isolating and cutting off Russian forces in a true Blitz. Had the Germans followed their own doctrine, Russia would have been overrun.

Russia has had it's share of invasions, most notably coming from the East.

(post by Gibraltarego removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Once again, "I live north of the border so I know this to be true". That's about what you said. That's arrogant on your part. Most people everywhere are not inclined to violence unless provoked. North of the border has zero to do with it.

I don't drink. Although a little booze might help numb the mind to irrelevant, disconnected comments....

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

999zxcv
all russia has to do is switch off the gas pipeline and sit back and wait within 7 days the west would be begging for help

and not a bullet fired
Funny how often they forget that little fact.I say do it! Let's see how willing the US government would be to help them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join