It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killers of UK soldier Lee Rigby sentenced

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

there was this little thing called iraq
no 40 minutes no wmds
breaking soldiers out of jail after they were busted dressed as iraqis while setting ieds to kill and then blame iraqs

any justice there?

just sayin

justice? there is none, only players and played, some get rich from war some get dead the blowback never stops
look at the jews holocaustd by christian germany...but they are doing the same to palistien...

this **** never stops

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

That's the thing. Although I'm sure soldiers are at least making some kind of humanitarian effort and actually helping people there. We don't get to see everything that is going on. Just look at some of the info gained from Wikileaks. Firing on civilians, drone strikes on villages and I bet that's not the worst.

One of the men involved in this made it clear his motive was political and blamed aggressive Western foreign policy. But do people like this not realise acts like this do nothing to change anything. All that its has done is create more hate and a bigger divide between British nationals and immigrants, specifically of Muslim faith.
Why don't they try to expose some of the atrocities they refer to? The general public have no influence on what our government does in the Middle East but I'm sure if evidence was presented they would get behind it to actually try and change something.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

bigbiy666
reply to post by andy06shake

In this case they should be exported to usa for lethal injection. Publicly and televised internationally.
edit on b496b4914666 by bigbiy666 because: (no reason given)

And again you give them what they want!

Matrydom is there dream!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

crazyewok

bigbiy666

In this case they should be exported to usa for lethal injection. Publicly and televised internationally.

And again you give them what they want!

Matrydom is there dream!

Damn right that's their dream. So we don't give it to them. Stick them in a cell for the rest of their lives so that they grow old being mocked and laughed at - and above all ignored.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by troof

I am always amazed that our Government does not consider the effect of their foreign policies on the population in the UK that all have to live together. As I understand it these two men had British passports and so were able to go abroad, do their worst and then return to the UK and do their worst again.

Until our government actually considers the public here and not the interests of big business and their financial sponsors there will always be this loop hole that lets immigrants obtain a passport and then leap abroad, commit whatever atrocities they desire and then safely sail home to the UK with no change of prosecution for their acts.

I don't think ubnless it is proved that only humanitarian acts have been undertaken any immigrant should be allowed to walk away from their commitments in the UK, kill and destroy abroad and then come home quietly. Their acts are acts of war and need to be dealt with. A British passport means you live by the laws of this country and wherever you travel. Its not a haven for war criminals.
Also who pays for the families of those who like to act as insurgents in other countries whilst they are away? I hope its not the tax payer.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I find it rather strange to be in the position where I am an advocate towards the death sentence considering everyone on this rock is a product of society but in this case I have to say I think execution would have been the better measure of justice and that worries me.

The truth of this is that everyone has a tolerance threshold. Once you reach your limit you find yourself ... intolerant. Where you wind up from there is the measure of your character. I think you're doing fine.

My heart goes out to the family of Lee Rigby and the people of England who mourn.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

What does our government EVER do? Watch any appearance by a politician and all they do is simply point out that problems exist and blame the other party for causing it. When do they ever offer any possible solutions? All they care about is being re-elected and staying in power.

People like David Cameron have been groomed for government and lived in a wealthy-elitist bubble his entire life. How can we expect him to even have the inclination to actually want to improve our lives? He doesn't know what its like living in the society that he governs. We will be 'plebs' to him. An annoyance that he has to constantly find ways of suppressing so he can live like in luxury for as long as possible.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I already covered my opinions on the illegal Iraq war. Something which the majority of our country completely opposed and never had any vote toward.

Where these men from Iraq? They weren't even middle eastern.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by Bellor

The issue I have is that its the taxpayers who will foot the bill for there stay!

As for the sentences handed out well without a death penalty i suppose this is the best we can expect.

edit on 26-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Death gives peace.
Being locked up while time passes by is worse than you might think.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Grenade

I already covered my opinions on the illegal Iraq war. Something which the majority of our country completely opposed and never had any vote toward.

Where these men from Iraq? They weren't even middle eastern.

Here's a little video that shows who's gaining on war.
Generals of countries happily together buying arms from ....you guessed it , USA.
Often with money from aid, used to fight...the USA.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-2-2014 by Bangorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bangorak

You should not presume to know what i may or may not think regarding incarceration.

Lets just say time stands still for no Man.
edit on 27-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Considering these 2 scum bags thought of themselves as "soldiers"........I'd have liked to have seen them serve their sentences in a military prison.

Wonder how that would have worked out for them?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Good sentences, well done the judicial process. I certainly do not agree with those calling for the Death Penalty as i am opposed anyway but also it provides them with martyrdom (which they want).

I also hate the fact they keep being described as terrorists. They weren't terrorists, they were a couple of guys who went crazy as bat # and murdered someone in broad daylight in a busy street. They are murdering nut jobs, not terrorists.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
A death penalty is the ultimate injustice.

Justice is the act of Making up for something with a Justifiable action.

Killing someone because they killed someone... well how can that be justified? Killing a man because he killed a man? if it is THAT wrong, then surely it must be Unjust to kill anyone?

A just sentence would be to take away his life, But not through murder! Treat him fairly in a prison until he dies.

You cannot take the moral high ground if you yourselves are willing to do the things that you actually consider most evil!

"An eye for an eye" to be just would end up having to be a never ending circle of murders. You kill him because he killed someone, Then someone has to kill you because you killed someone etc. etc.

Grow up and actually try to be decent human beings maybe?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AmmonSeth

Some crimes in this world are beyond redemption! I wonder if you would feel the same way had it been your child's or member of family's head that was cut off in such a manner!

Do you think Mohamed(Peace be upon him) would have condoned or forgiven an act such as this carried out in the name of Allah? Of course not, chances are he would have returned the favour!

I think once they were found guilty they should have been turned over to Mr Rigby's family to receive whatever judgment they decide to dispense. At least that would be a measure of justice!
edit on 27-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Wow... Just wow...
The amount of uneducated responses I have seen so far have denied me the privilege of replying simply because there are too many to entertain.

I'll use keywords instead and those who used them can determine if I include them in the long list of people who lack intelligence on such a subject!!!

"Martyr/Martyrdom" - Martyrs in the eyes of who exactly???
Because it wouldn't be Allah, in which case martyrdom is not plausible!!!

"72 Virgins" - another common misconception flaunted about within anti-Muslim posts.
Grow up and learn something before you spout nonsense across the board.

"Capital Punishment" - so you're asking to adopt a type of Sharia law in such a case... How about every other murder case that occurs on a daily basis within "our shores"!!!

"Our shores" - this one is hilarious for a number of reasons!

Let's make it perfectly clear, they are going to prison, for life, according to law, justice is done!!!

Unless you have made a tread for everybody to proclaim what they see fit to be called justice in which case it's going to have some rather ironically, very extreme views posted!

Mob mentality has ruled this case from day one, not the facts... & with that said I don't think a single one of us has the entire facts of the case to fall back on our argument for what is the correct condemnation!!!

Most of you sounded like EDL, and that is a DAMN SHAME considering ATS is about denying ignorance!!!
Very EDLish... yuck your diatribes of rhetoric disgust me!!!

Personally I feel the only wrongdoing is that they were not deemed criminally insane, and instead lambasted over religion.
A religion that funnily enough wouldn't support their views in the slightest!!!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

bigbiy666

That would be the worst thing you could do. It would inspire others and give them the martyrs death they so keenly sought.

Leave them rotting in prison, and deny them the publicity they so sought.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs

"Martyr/Martyrdom" - Martyrs in the eyes of who exactly???
Because it wouldn't be Allah, in which case martyrdom is not plausible!!!

Martyrdom within there own eyes.

To the two pieces of scum that are behind bars if they were to die they would view themselves as Martyrs. Doesnt matter if the rest of the world doesnt see it like that, the fact is if they were put to death they would go down swinging with a smile on there face.

Why I think prison for life is a much better sentence.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

CharlieSpeirs
I don't think a single one of us has the entire facts of the case to fall back on our argument for what is the correct condemnation!!!

Not having the correct facts?

They freaking killed a man by running him over and beheading him in broad daylight in front of dozen of witnesses after which they hung around the body with LITRAL blood on their hands while bragging about what they done while people filmed them!

OPEN AND BLOODY SHUT CASE!

They couldn’t have been more guilty unless they did the murder in the court room in front of the dammed jury!

Surprised the trial lasted as long as it did!

It was 100% premeditated murder.

edit on 27-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just serve them pork and make it known that it's pork, eventually they will get hungry enough and eat it and they will have sinned in the eyes of their god, or just send them to a prison full of skinheads.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join