It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killers of UK soldier Lee Rigby sentenced

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

War with Islam?

Who started a War with Islam, because we certainly didn't.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

stumason
reply to post by EA006

War with Islam?

Well there was that tiny little thing that started in 1096 called the 1st Crusade.

I think they are still a bit pissed off for that whole little ordeal.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

crazyewok

stumason
reply to post by EA006

War with Islam?

Well there was that tiny little thing that started in 1096 called the 1st Crusade.

I think they are still a bit pissed off for that whole little ordeal.

How bitter do you have to be to hold a grudge for 1000 years. Bare in mind we accepted these cretins into our country and afforded them the trust to integrate into our society. Lee Rigby is not to blame for the Crusades, again i think we can shift the blame for that whole conquest on the shoulders of organised religion.
edit on 26/2/14 by Grenade because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

At the risk of starting a Faulty Towers-eque argument... They started it!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Grenade

How bitter do you have to be to hold a grudge for 1000 years.

Remember we are talking religious people here, they tend to have looooooonnnnngggg memorys

edit on 26-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I know you are clever guy wok but with all due respect I suggest that perhaps you should look at the causes of The Crusades - the Islamic world was at least equally to blame and were as equally barbaric, (barbaric by todays standards but quite the norm back in the day), as The Crusaders.
And for pity's sake, it was nearly a thousand years ago!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Freeborn

I know you are clever guy wok but with all due respect I suggest that perhaps you should look at the causes of The Crusades - the Islamic world was at least equally to blame and were as equally barbaric, (barbaric by todays standards but quite the norm back in the day), as The Crusaders.
And for pity's sake, it was nearly a thousand years ago!

I was cracking a joke

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Oops, sorry mate
-
My sarcasm radar must be turned off tonight.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Personally my memory only extends to my early childhood.

I think if you go far enough back we all have ancestors who have been persecuted at one point or another but i certainly don't hold a grudge or plan to go on a murderous rampage to enforce my sense of injustice.

I can fully understand the outrage in the Middle East when it comes to our recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan but it in no way justifies the barbaric and public murder of a British Soldier as he walks the street of his own country. The majority of free thinking people in the western world are opposed to our meddling and illegal wars out there, if only we could work at a common solution.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Freeborn

Oops, sorry mate
-
My sarcasm radar must be turned off tonight.

Na no worries I should have give my usual /sarcasm sign.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Islam is at war with any and all that do not follow the word of there prophet Muhammad. Its in there Quran ether convert or kill the infidel. And please don't give me any crap about Christianity doing the same, because it does not happen in this day of age!

Started a war with Islam??? Might want to get your facts straight!
LoL

edit on 26-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by EA006

Islam is at war with any and all that do not follow the word of there prophet Muhammad. Its in there Quran ether convert or kill the infidel.

Started a war with Islam??? Might want to get your facts straight!
LoL

I'm no fan of Islam or any religion but you might want to check your own facts. I have several Muslim friends and from my understanding no-where in the Qur'an does it state convert or kill. Sure it can be interpreted that way but generally only by a fringe set of extremists. My experience is that Muslim's are generally very friendly, welcoming and down to earth with mostly the same principles and morals as anyone else. Sure there are one or two rituals and differences in opinion but to suggest all Muslims see us as the enemy is very naive.

Also i would suggest Islam is no more extreme than Judaism yet it receives disproportionately more criticism. Israel's treatment of the Palestinian people is outrageous and again all in the name of God. However, Judaism is untouchable when it comes to criticism due to the huge influence over our media and economy. We can attack the Islamic faith all day long but you would have to be a brave man to say the same things about Judaism even if they are completely justified.
edit on 26/2/14 by Grenade because: Additional Paragraph

edit on 26/2/14 by Grenade because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

It's the interpretation that's the problem when it comes to religious fanaticism and there are plenty of nefarious groups on both sides.

"(9:5) And when the forbidden months have passed, kill the idolaters wherever you find them and take them prisoners, and beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they repent and observe Prayer and pay the Zakat, then leave their way free. Surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful."

"La ilaha illa Allah (none has the right to be worshipped except Allah)."

These are the kind of statements these people take to the extreme and I think we all know the outcome.

I should probably also state i don't hold with any organised religion.

edit on 26-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

I agree with your sentiment about war, however I don'[t think you can equate what these two gits did as any acto of war.

They drove intop the back of a man crossing the road and then, against an unarmed man they proceeded to try to chop off his head whilst he was on the ground after the collision. That was not an act of war, it was a despicable cowardly act by two idiotic, stupid, viscious men quaffing about some religious reason they probably know precious little about.

If they think they are going to get to heaven with their bodies intact ready for 70 odd virgins boo hoo - they must be so gullible its not true.

I think they should be considered a danger to the other prisoners and spend their time in solitary confinement. The deterant for this type of crime should be a prison on some cold and thoroughly unpleasant island to the north of this country with only solitary confinement cells and absolutely no religious reading material, some men just can't handle it.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Much better

Just thought you where making a generalised statement suggesting all Muslims see us as the enemy as that's simply not true.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
serve them pork everyday for every meal, lets see how long before they crack..we cant kill em, but we can # with their head and make them lose their beloved religion.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

In this case they should be exported to usa for lethal injection. Publicly and televised internationally.
edit on b496b4914666 by bigbiy666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
take 10 of your meanest army fella's lock them in a large room with these two and lock the doors.

does a number of things

1. Gives your guys hand to hand training
2. Gives the religious ($%(&!@(#%! wits a chance to prove their ideologies
3. Saves tax payers money

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

What would have been much better this horrendous murder never took place in the first place.

I find it rather strange to be in the position where I am an advocate towards the death sentence considering everyone on this rock is a product of society but in this case I have to say I think execution would have been the better measure of justice and that worries me.

edit on 27-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
This was an horrific crime.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join