It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killers of UK soldier Lee Rigby sentenced

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Killers of UK soldier Lee Rigby sentenced. Michael Adebolajo gets whole life term and Michael Adebowale 45 years.

Well Great Brittan is this justice?

www.express.co.uk...

Sorry i'm on my tablet so thread is very basic will fix when I get home.
edit on 26-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by _BoneZ_ because: Fixed link.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Well great Brittan is this justice?

What is justice?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Short of the death penalty, that's good justice, no? I hope that's 45 years without the chance of parole though.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Chances are they'll be singled out for 'special treatment' before the sentence is up. They won't make it that long.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Well great Brittan is this justice?

It's the toughest sentence we have available so barring a change in the law yes it is justice.

edit on 26-2-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Meh, doesnt really affect my life one way or another. Lee Rigby is still dead, I personaly do not see what difference it makes whether or not these guys are in jail for 1 year, 12.5 years, 40 years or 28.8 years. Seems strange to me.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Bellor
Meh, doesnt really affect my life one way or another. Lee Rigby is still dead, I personaly do not see what difference it makes whether or not these guys are in jail for 1 year, 12.5 years, 40 years or 28.8 years. Seems strange to me.

Yeah, real strange. They should just not do anything, and let them keep killing soldiers, and hacking their heads off. Eventually it might make you realize why they get locked up...or not. I can't really tell if your post was a joke, or not.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

The issue I have is that its the taxpayers who will foot the bill for there stay!

As for the sentences handed out well without a death penalty i suppose this is the best we can expect.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

You have to be kidding? Personally i don't want these radical extremist's walking the same streets as me or breathing the same air. Sure Lee Rigby is still dead but Britain is a safer place with people like this locked firmly behind bars. I for one am glad they will never again taste freedom and to suggest the sentence doesn't matter is ridiculous.

Other than incarceration for life the only other punishment fit for the crime would be a good old fashioned public hanging but unfortunately no longer an option here even if it would be publicly welcomed in this case. Good point about the taxpayers now footing the bill for these animals.

edit on 26/2/14 by Grenade because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
yeah, it's like this. They are both very dangerous people and we can't have them loose on the streets to kill like this again.

It's not mean or wrong to want people like this separated from the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellor

It may not directly affect your life but surely you can feel somewhat better knowing these two are going to be locked in the same building for the rest of their lives? I know I do. I'm sure I will forget all about it in a few months time but it doesn't mean that it stops happening for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is a very good argument against capital punishment!

These guys wanted to be martyrs. There was absolutely no doubt at all that they were guilty. If we had capital punishment, even if restricted only to very very exceptional cases, this would surely have been the one time it would have been invoked - given the murderers the fame and martyrdom they sought.

Instead, they are locked away and forgotten. Best place for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The issue I have is that its the taxpayers who will foot the bill for there stay!

So what?

I'd much prefer to pay to keep them locked up for the duration than the cheaper alternative of releasing them any sooner.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Personally i would just house them with the general prison population and sit back and watch the fun begin!

Tell you this if they did do that they would not last 45 minutes never mind 45 years, problem solved!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

is this justice?

It's as good as can be expected, so I'm satisfied.

Life without the possibility of parole would be better.

I've got this horrible feeling that we'll soften over time and release them early.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Catacomb

Bellor

Yeah, real strange. They should just not do anything, and let them keep killing soldiers, and hacking their heads off. Eventually it might make you realize why they get locked up...or not. I can't really tell if your post was a joke, or not.

Sure sure,

I guess we just have radicaly different perceptions on what "justice" actualy is. I am off the opinion putting people in metal cages for an arbitrary length of time is not justice, rather just some form of punishment basicaly because as a society we do not comprehend how to do anything else.

edit on 26-2-2014 by Bellor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
As there's no death sentence in UK I guess that's as close as you will get.Is that a satisfactory sentence for the folks in the UK is the question I believe.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Bellor
Meh, doesnt really affect my life one way or another.

Might not be what your family would be saying if it was your head that was hacked off.

Good riddance to this rubbish. I hope their fellow inmates make them feel right at home.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

It's a good point about martyrdom however i couldn't care less about the publicity generated or reaction of the Muslim minority in this country. There's no place on this planet for individual's such as this. I can only hope that one day religious fanatics become a thing consigned to history and we develop as a species to realise god is not something to be quantified by false prophet's.

In a number of ways i see organised religion as mass brainwashing and the seed of most worldwide conflict. Look inside yourself to find spirituality because some ancient text has absolutely no place in our society should we wish to survive as a species.

More chance of Santa Claus existing than there being any literal truth in the Qur'an, Bible, Torah or whatever manufactured BS you subscribe to. Man made religion has served it's purpose and people need to realise you can accept creation without believing in the fantasy of a prophet.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A lifetime of being someones play time amusement, better than letting them be martyrs and a good deterent to any other jihadi who thinks it can get away with doing this on our shores

I just hope the big guy lets out a bacon stinking belch before he tells them to bite the pillow

yes justice, sweet sweet justice

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join