It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed

page: 339
<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
testing 1212

Morning / Afternoon Shedders!
edit on 552014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

My ATS is really playing up. This is like my fifth attempt at posting lol. I forgot what I said now.
edit on 552014 by Tsu322 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsu322

Getting timed out occasionally Tsu? Its happening to alot of folks. I just hit the little refresh button at the end of the URL bar, and click resend, and avoid loosing my post! Took me a few goes to realise that though

How are you today?

Oh also... a little louder on the left hand monitors please!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Hi True!

Yep, it's playing me up lol. It goes straight to timed out page. I'm good thank you, having a peaceful quiet day. Hows you?

Left hand monitors?
I don't understand.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Hey Sis! I sent you a text, did you get it?
I'm having oodles of problems with this site today...if I *poof* disappear....it's not by choice.

Nice to see you hunny!
jaky

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

I just text you back! My phone has been quiet.

I'm copying and pasting all my posts straight away now and resubmitting. I think it works, I just have to remember everytime LOL.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Its a stage management joke. You said testing, 1212... When someone says that during a sound check, they are testing the speakers to ensure that they are outputing the optimum sound quality and volume. Monitor speakers are those which face the band, usually mounted at the front of the stage. They are there to allow the band to hear what they are playing, rather than hearing that sound reflected back at them from the crowd, as would be the case if they were reliant on the main speaker bank alone.

Sometimes, when a stage manager or sound engineer does a sound check, they will ask for a little more, or a little less volume, or bass, trebble, or mid range sound, from the various speakers, to improve the sound being created. I chose monitors to use in my response, because I am always concerned about performance rather than hi-fidelity

IM A GEEK IM SORRY FORGIVE ME!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Oh I see LOL, I was thinking computer monitors. It really doesn't take a lot to confuse me!

I was looking at the mac and wondering where the speakers even are, which is terrible considering I've had it nearly seven years.

How was the party the other night? All fun I hope.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

True, NEVER apologize for being a geek!
I am a geek.
Geeks are uber-intelligent, doncha know?

When my first hubby was in a band (drummer), I often did the lights for them. Even had a t-shirt that said, "It's okay, I'm with the band!" lol

Geek-power! Hell yeah.
jacy

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Ah, Mac... ergonomic design, hidden speakers.

The party was boozy as all hell. Cocktails everywhere. Everyone was all dressed up when I walked in the door, so I shot upstairs and threw on a jacket and tie. The tie had cocktail stains on it within twenty minutes. This beard has a tendency to funnel escaped liquids in a downward direction sometimes, especially when the concoction being partaken of has enough alcoholic content to numb the lips!

We were all up late, and the hangover was uncompromising lol! A good time had by all I believe!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Hey Shedfolk! And good day to y'all. Glad to see Jacy back. I might disappear for a bit myself after a great weekend. Today's is Root Canal day, so I have a feeling that i will not be in the best of moods for a couple of days.

But it's for the best in the long run. Everyone take care and I'll see you when I see you.

ATS has been glitchy now for almost 12 hours.

edit on 5-5-2014 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Hehe, I'm a geek wannabe, I've been dressing like Sheldon Cooper a lot from Big Bang Theory on E4. I managed to learn some of the element song, does that count?
Just don't ask me what those elements are.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Heh!

When I say "I am sorry I am a geek" what I mean is, " I am sorry for communicating in Geek when common sense dictates that one ought to communicate in the language to which EVERYONE exposed to the message is comfortable with!"

HEHE!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Aww, good luck today Dawg! I will be thinking about you and sending my good vibes and love!
*hugs the Dawg*

Tsu...my cell phone just ran out of funds again. I guess my int'l. pkg. is reduced rates, but still pay-per-text...soooo...I will add more money later.
Oh, the elements song is good...but "Soft Kitty" is better!

jaky

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Sounds like a good night! I spent Friday at the cinema with my brother watching Rio 2 which was fun. We giggled all the way through, pointing out which animated birds look like people we know in real life. I was already seated when I remembered I probably shouldn't have ordered hotdog with loads of ketchup and mustard whilst wearing mostly white lol. I spent most of the evening wearing serviettes and hoping no one recognised me.

We stuck to drinking coke though, no hangovers for us.

Dawg! You poor thing! Gentle hugs! It will all be over before you know it and you will be like a new Dawg.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Hehe....if you grew your beard a bit longer you could always do this....

I remember my daughter, in true student inebriated state, arriving home with her 'hoodie' on back to front. It wasn't until she sat down that I realised she was carrying her chips in it! Her explanation.....made it easier to walk and eat on her way home so her hands were free! Classic!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Awwww Dawg......you could try this if all else fails.....

Only kidding......not

Seriously....best of luck....I'll send the tooth angel to help speed your recovery and mitigate some of the pain

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

ahh....hahahaha....that is too funny....

I like the backwards hoodie idea! Fabulous place for us girls to keep our tasers, pepper spray, etc.
Saves you from rummaging through your purse.
I think you (and your daughter) are onto something BIG!

jacy

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Rio... thats the one with the little blue birds in it right?

I liked the first one. It was bonkers! Was the second one as funny?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

THATS AMAZING!!!

HOLY CRAP! If I could use my beard as a noodle bowl... well actually, now I think about it, I would just become a fatter bugger than I am! Best stick to the current beard format, or my belly will collapse in on itself like a dying sun!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ladies....I'm having a 'Janey Day' too......putting my feet up and not actually doing very much baring photographing a load of 78rpm's to get on eBay!
Long soaky oily bath later though....might even light a few candles......

Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<< 336  337  338    340  341  342 >>

join