It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met a fully Enlightened "Buddha". Here's what he said:

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

You mean like from a list of sayings that were attributed to him? The first were written 400 years after he died, and obviously people who deified the man wouldn't include something he said that would make people second guess becoming followers.
He "told" me that personally. I sometimes communicate with him while meditating.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

Resulting in a legion of trolls being born

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
From an outsider's perspective, I can see why these people don't teach very much-very little in the OP made any sense to someone who has not studied and practiced this belief system. It's so full of special language it's like listening to high-level physicists talk shop or having someone describe their drug trip. It's the product of people so into the thing that they are pursuing that they no longer make sense to the average person.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
But it is true all of it!
All the lies became the truth, and all the truth the basis of a new lie, we are moving so fast that we are standing still, we are either going so fast that we miss the subtle slowness of the mystery, or we are going so slow that we just lost the glimpse of the shimmering nanosecond of subtlety.

Its true there is only one path and one alone, the one we choose for ourselves, we cannot follow anyone, because that would defeat the purpose, of the greatest cliche, its the trip not the destination, but one thing we can, and should do more often, is take advice, any advice is good advice if it allows us to see beyond ourselves, but of course no "child the fire burns" will ever stop the child from getting burnt, or the fire from burning...

cheers! and keep on searching!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Quite a talkative buddha you found there.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

even thoe I dont know much of buddha. The advice given to you was given cause you are ready to here it. Now its how you act on that advice witch will determine what is to happen next? Think of it as a test. You have been given the theory that is needed towards transcendentnes.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

One step at a time

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

yamammasamonkey
reply to post by kauskau

You mean like from a list of sayings that were attributed to him? The first were written 400 years after he died, and obviously people who deified the man wouldn't include something he said that would make people second guess becoming followers.
He "told" me that personally. I sometimes communicate with him while meditating.

Buddha (as far as we can reconstruct his message) never had a "pessimistic" approach to the idea of "truth"....

There is not one quote i know which says that he said something like: "i never found the truth"...

The truth is simple. So simple that it is difficult for the mind to understand it.
btw: When you see buddha..kill buddha.

There is not "buddha" as an individual.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think I would have to record that conversation to be able to recall it in so much detail.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but the man you met was no more enlightened than any other guru out there. If there is such a thing, it is much more simple than you or he have described. If you believe him to be a buddha, the next step is to knock him off that pedestal and destroy that idol.

also to add, some folks might enjoy the documentary film 'Kumaré', a man becomes a 'guru' in order to make a film, he and his 'disciples' undergo some interesting changes

edit on 24-2-2014 by Tasmanaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

galadofwarthethird
you wouldn't be human without an ego to say the least, you may look human but you would be a potato. lol Without self realization what would you be, an ant in a colony?

See I disagree, I have met a monk who has undergone an ego-death, he is just simply the loveliest person I have ever met. He doesn't claim anything as his own, he is generous, kind and would sacrifice his own life for yours, even if you didn't know him.

He still has things he enjoys doing more than other things, places he prefers to visit and he has his own group of friends. What do you believe is lost when you finally rid yourself of an ego? All that you loose is that kind of "party mentality" the need to prove yourself against other people and the need to compete against others. The only things he doesn't feel the need to do any more involve: accumulating material goods, lusting after women, drinking, smoking, anger, sorrow and fear... What sounds so bad about that? If those are the things that define YOU as a person, then I feel sorry for you.

As for people asking why things in Buddhism don't get scrutinised like Christianity does, it's because Buddhism is malleable, it's always susceptible to change or a new understanding, this is why monks meditate on their teachings all the time, then give speeches or write essays about new findings, it's like the spiritual equivalent of a scientific community. It's not like "these are holy teachings that can not and will not be changed!", Buddhism is open to ALL possibilities. Things like the Chakras, they are there because you feel different emotions in your body, when your nervous do you feel it in your brain, or in your stomach? When hurt, do you feel that in your brain or in your chest? These emotions effect different parts of your body going down your centre and focusing on them, meditating and putting your attention on these areas can help you understand how to overcome these emotions, just because we don't actually have balls of light in us doesn't mean they don't exist.

The thing with Buddhism is that it doesn't require faith, sure there is a belief system to do with the afterlife, but if you just believe in the philosophy of Buddhism, that is enough.

So what is it specifically about Buddhism that you find mystical and takes faith? I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it.

Metta ~

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

iRoyalty

That is an amazing story, how lucky you are to have potentially met a Buddha!

Why shall be he lucky??

Don't you know that you should kill the Buddha when you meat him?

As most people will not understand what I mean with this phrase I will explain it: Killing does not mean that you shall kill this person. Killing means that you have to get away from your duality. If you say there is a Buddha it is just that you don't realize that Buddha is already in you. You should resume your own Buddha nature.
Most people think that if they follow someones advices and train like in the gym, one's getting enlighten. Forget it, it will not be you who decides this.

To be honest it is not very desirable wish when you live in the Western world. Because when you come back from your "enlighten tour" you have to clean all the dirt you have accumulated during your life(s). And believe me there is a lot of rubbish.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

If you say there is a Buddha it is just that you don't realize that Buddha is already in you.

kill that also which is "in" you...

lol

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

AnuTyr
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

you wouldn't be human without an ego to say the least, you may look human but you would be a potato. lol
Without self realization what would you be, an ant in a colony?

Actually, only those who lack ego are real human beings.

Discarding ego merely means discarding the conceptual notion of self--the idea that "I" like this but dislike that, that "I" enjoy x but loathe y.

All of the things that "you" (the artificial egotistical you) like or dislike, love or loathe, are subjective constructs programmed into the brain through life experience and filtered perceptions. But none of those subjectivities are real, and none represent the real you--the soul behind that body of flesh and blood.

Taking the ego for the self is like allowing the car to drive itself on autopilot, or allowing your computer to browse the internet on its own. It's becoming a passenger in your own body, ceding free will to the knee-jerk reflexes of the fleshy brain-computer in your skull, as opposed to taking the wheel and truly piloting that flesh-vehicle you inhabit.

For example, imagine yourself standing at the edge of a platform hundreds of feet in the air, about to dive off and bungee jump. The ego is the reactions of the body--the clenched stomach and sweaty palms, the rising of fear and whispering of "no, no, don't do it, I'm too afraid..."

The soul piloting the body is the element that has to rise up and make an autonomous choice to override every one of those egotistical instincts, to leap off that platform and relish in that experience.

So no, death of the subjective ego doesn't result in some lifeless potato. After the ego dies, all those voices of fear and doubt and confusion die alongside it. And once those artificial constructs are removed, what you have left is a fully free, a fully liberated, real human being.
edit on 24-2-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've been to the Himalayas a few times and never saw any glowing beings unfortunately. Frankly I think you were taken for a ride, or are taking us for a ride. But The enlightened ones in India also happen to be the best salesmen. People fall for it pretty easily.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

LOL, yes I LOVE those stories where the Master is simply chopping wood and carrying water, the seeker comes and does not recognize the Master doing menial things and is always surprised and often walks away once he see's the same gardener, woodsman, water bearer sitting in the Masters seat later, lol, good stories.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Oh but they very very much do exist. You can find them everywhere on earth, but there has to be a bit of glow within you to see them. It is awesome, from what I have heard, to walk past them at night is similar to the red tide glow near the ocean. It takes millions of lives and lifetimes of devotion to ones personal path of enlightenment before this quality begins to surface as a by product. I love the glowing stories told by my family, as for me???? It is beautiful.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes maybe I'm lacking a "glow". Or perhaps I'm lacking credulity.

Any man who is devoted to a cave is not devoted to too much. People are devoted to their little caves even in more urban areas, but I'm sure they wouldn't call themselves enlightened. What can these men know about the universe besides the one they create in their minds?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

LadyTrick
I think I would have to record that conversation to be able to recall it in so much detail.

I have 10-14 pages of notes. It was quite simple to remember most of it. Came down to the 3 dan tians, kundalini, all chakras open, merdians open and purified, and access to out of the body. That's maybe 5-8 main points. Here are 2 of my fav pages of notes from there. The rest I can upload upon request. (So notes, plus memory, plus a friend who has seen him 2-3 times and corroborated everything with me = pretty strong recall)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Did you learn anything that you could not have learned browsing in the New Age section of your local bookstore?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join