It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met a fully Enlightened "Buddha". Here's what he said:

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

That is vary exciting as I read throw this article I felt a since of joy or excitement you might say. The excitement just intensified as I read more of the article, they say to follow your heart and as I read throw this article you wrote its like it was and is in attuned with my current path and recently discovered believes. Of which I'm still not totally certain of what path I should walk or would be best attuned to me as a person or otherwise considered to be an entity with in this body.

For three years know I have been diving deep into spirituality which being raised as a christian at first was upsetting to learn that Jesus was not god. That in effect every religion on earth worships god basically just calling him something different and thus in my option leading to separatism and violence in are society. Were as actual spirituality which is what I would define to be things like meditation, yoga, ti chi, etc... Actually unites people and brings a since of joy in which i would presume comes from knowing the truth about reality as a construct.

In short I would like to thank you for putting this article up I feel it is a stepping stone in my progression for what is starting to seem like a sort of Ascension. And I am vary grateful possibly more grateful then words can convey.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Hey, I don't know you or anything, but what you said about your journey brings me incredible excitement. I don't know if it's rude to ask, but I would be crushed if you didn't tell me. How can I meet this man? I feel like it's my life's destiny, my highest desire, to meet such a person.

I don't have many strong desires, because I don't see and exist in a society that compels me to have desires. Instead I am distraught and averse to this society. I'm young and I've had profound spiritual experiences that no one around me understands. It's not something I can even talk about.

I sometimes dream of masters that could teach me. Masters who were true and not like the false ones that run rampant. I guess I've drawn this out a little too much. Would you please grace me with the information to continue my journey? I haven't desired something so strongly in such a long time. To lose my grasp on this thread would distress me to no end.

This was meant to be a personal message, but apparently I can't do that

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Well, that wasn't much of a meet since you still came back filled with a lot of BS.
I would have been more impressed had there been a transfer of true wisdom,
in which case there would not have been any notes to write and nothing to convey.
Why is it that enlightenment is never sought in ones own back yard?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

pickledpie
Hey, I don't know you or anything, but what you said about your journey brings me incredible excitement. I don't know if it's rude to ask, but I would be crushed if you didn't tell me. How can I meet this man? I feel like it's my life's destiny, my highest desire, to meet such a person.

I don't have many strong desires, because I don't see and exist in a society that compels me to have desires. Instead I am distraught and averse to this society. I'm young and I've had profound spiritual experiences that no one around me understands. It's not something I can even talk about.

I sometimes dream of masters that could teach me. Masters who were true and not like the false ones that run rampant. I guess I've drawn this out a little too much. Would you please grace me with the information to continue my journey? I haven't desired something so strongly in such a long time. To lose my grasp on this thread would distress me to no end.

This was meant to be a personal message, but apparently I can't do that

You do not need to meet the man described in the OP. You have your own journey to make. They say that when the student is ready, the teacher will be there. You may have to make a few wrong turns on the way, however. Once again, I would suggest you forget the mumbo jumbo and work on stilling your mind.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Brucee

Why shall be he lucky??

Don't you know that you should kill the Buddha when you meat him?

As most people will not understand what I mean with this phrase I will explain it: Killing does not mean that you shall kill this person. Killing means that you have to get away from your duality. If you say there is a Buddha it is just that you don't realize that Buddha is already in you. You should resume your own Buddha nature.
Most people think that if they follow someones advices and train like in the gym, one's getting enlighten. Forget it, it will not be you who decides this.

To be honest it is not very desirable wish when you live in the Western world. Because when you come back from your "enlighten tour" you have to clean all the dirt you have accumulated during your life(s). And believe me there is a lot of rubbish.

Because Buddha's are teachers, everyone has the potential to be a Buddha, but it would be nice to hear what he/she had to say.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Consider this, I often wonder of a truly enlightened being,what ever that is, can fully attain enlightenment cloistered away and separated from the world of experiences the average Jane or Joe has.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Aphorism

Any man who is devoted to a cave is not devoted to too much. People are devoted to their little caves even in more urban areas, but I'm sure they wouldn't call themselves enlightened. What can these men know about the universe besides the one they create in their minds?

Actually dude one can learn a lot from them, even from the fake ones.

Exactly, experience is the greatest teacher.

If we are paying attention.

edit on 092828p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Enlightenment would be to place yourself into the thick of suffering.

Kuan Yin was about to cross over into heaven when she heard a cry of suffering back on earth. She asked to be sent back and vowed to stay until all suffering had ended.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

galadofwarthethird
Again ego is just a word which got translated into a lot of things and has taken to mean many things. Originally it just meant "I" so if you met a monk who is the loveliest person you ever met and does not claim anything of his own and would sacrifice his life for yours that is a all just part of his ego...You just have taken a word and imposed a good and bad meaning on it, when such a thing does not exist.

If he told you he liked the color green and long walks in the park and likes dogs, well that to is just part of what and who he is, hence a part of his ego. The problem stems when everything you say and all arbitrary thoughts people would have they attribute to a word, that word being ego. Its just a vernacular interpretation of peoples fancies over time. If you would have went in time some generations ago half the words you use today would have different meanings. And people tend to attribute things to certain words when in realty the words are just there and what they are attributing to them is merely themselfs.

Like Shakespeare said..."There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."

So you believe someone who would not have an ego would not have likes, dislikes, a place he or she feels more at ease, a base of some personality.. Maybe they prefer teaching in different ways, you will still say they are egotistical?

Also, Buddhists say that ego in Buddhism is not the same as the Fraudian Ego. Ego is that thing that says, I'm better than you, or I need this because it's better than the others.

The Buddhist doctrine of egolessness seems to be a bit confusing to westerners. I think this is because there is some confusion as to what is meant by ego. Ego, in the Buddhist sense, is quite different from the Freudian ego. The Buddhist ego is a collection of mental events classified into five categories, called skandhas, loosely translated as bundles, or heaps.

Source

This is my understand anyway, I am prepared to be wrong!

galadofwarthethird
All the above means nothing to me. I even think I was born without a party mentality, in fact I think my problem may be that I just dont party enough. Sorry but again your attributing things that are part of you, unto a word, and then that word unto me. When in fact it just may not apply to me at all for all you know.

My point was, that you have no reason to prove yourself to anyone any more. You don't need to be the guy who can get the most girls, or the person who is the most fun etc, without an Ego, these things are meaningless.

galadofwarthethird
I have no problem with Buddhism, if I did I would say so and what my problem is. I do however have a habit of testing or just messing with people who say they have reached a state of enlightenment. And that mostly is just for fun, in fact that is one of the mantras of zen and Buddhism is it not to kill the Buddha. But hey dont take it all so serious. Even if I come across as serious, I assure you I am not.

Well testing someone who claims enlightenment I think is very wise, the Buddha was tested on many occasions and passed every time (so the story goes!). I have heard about this, I don't follow zen, threvada, mahayana etc, the school I meditate with are Triratna, they don't really get much appreciation as a proper school and if I'm honest there are dodgy rumours around the founder, but it was designed for western lifestyle and fits me much better than the others. They have also never advocated that I murder any man or woman that has obtained Nirvana, they would never advocate that I kill anyone and nor would I.

Sorry if I am coming across as serious, I'm usually quite a light hearted guy, this is just something I'm quite passionate about.

galadofwarthethird
I dont really have questions, and I see nothing mystical about Buddhism, in fact like Siddhartha all those years ago, I find Buddhism to be in today's world, as it was back then to be a very practical approach to certain things. But OK dude, if you want questions...Sure. Why not! So what exactly is the difference between "faith" and "believe" in your opinion, and in Buddhism?

I kind of more aimed this at the other guy, since he didn't seem too knowledgeable about Buddhism! You seem to be quite knowledgeable on the subject though.

I don't think there is too much of a difference at all, when I referenced the belief system of the afterlife I was saying it is probably the only bit of faith involved in Buddhism. However I believed long before I found Buddhism that we are 'recycled' as I like to put it, so I guess I believed in it rather than had faith...

Perhaps faith is believing what someone has told you, and believing is having faith in what you think is true.
edit on 25-2-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
stop making a dogma out of enlightenment.

Enlightenment is nothing more than a simple recognition that everything is one. And that your "Ego" is only a tool of perception but not what you are... But that does not make the ego "wrong" or does not make you "different". Or does not make you a "jesus" that saves every living soul.

Enlightenment really stops with the need for dogmas. Because still every human through which the enlightened consciousness is expressed in form is unique and different. So there are no rules.

I know enlightened people who really act like assholes.

Does anyone here know UG Krishnamurti?
He is a fully enlightened being..but he was really grumpy and cynical in a way..

hahahaaaa..listen to him "YOU SEEEEEE NOTHING"....screaming......being really harsh...

so what are you people saying that make something holy out of it...

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
in a way all those people here that talk nonsense about enlightenment , making it a big thing with rules, should drink the medicine of UG ...

You really have no clue about anything when you make something big and holy of enlightenment. This word alone is a fallacy ....call it the "end of a misapprehension"..and it would be more precise than enlightenment.

We are in a kind of hypnosis..Thinking that we are an object of awareness and we need pain, suffering, searching and all that nonsense to maintain this illusion. You don´t want to awake..

This is what U.G says..and he is right in that. Everyone who truly wants to awaken will do that immediately without ANY kind of practice..

There is no such thing as truth. The only thing that is actually there is your 'logically' ascertained premise, which you call truth. *The body does not exist except as a thought. There is one thought. Everything exists in relationship to that one thought. That thought is 'me'. Anything you experience based on thought is illusion. *The day man experienced the consciousness that made him feel separate and superior to the other forms of life, at that moment he began sowing the seeds of his own destruction. *All I am saying is that the peace you are seeking is already inside you, in the harmonious functioning of the body. *You love fear. The ending of fear is death, and you don't want that to happen. I am not talking of wiping out the phobias of the body. They are necessary for survival. The death of fear is the only death.

UG
edit on 25-2-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

kauskau
in a way all those people here that talk nonsense about enlightenment , making it a big thing with rules, should drink the medicine of UG ...

You really have no clue about anything when you make something big and holy of enlightenment. This word alone is a fallacy ....call it the "end of a misapprehension"..and it would be more precise than enlightenment.

We are in a kind of hypnosis..Thinking that we are an object of awareness and we need pain, suffering, searching and all that nonsense to maintain this illusion. You don´t want to awake..

This is what U.G says..and he is right in that. Everyone who truly wants to awaken will do that immediately without ANY kind of practice..

There is no such thing as truth. The only thing that is actually there is your 'logically' ascertained premise, which you call truth. *The body does not exist except as a thought. There is one thought. Everything exists in relationship to that one thought. That thought is 'me'. Anything you experience based on thought is illusion. *The day man experienced the consciousness that made him feel separate and superior to the other forms of life, at that moment he began sowing the seeds of his own destruction. *All I am saying is that the peace you are seeking is already inside you, in the harmonious functioning of the body. *You love fear. The ending of fear is death, and you don't want that to happen. I am not talking of wiping out the phobias of the body. They are necessary for survival. The death of fear is the only death.

UG
edit on 25-2-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

You love fear, the ending of fear is death, and you dont want that to happen

and we fear death which is the freedom from all fear, quite the statement

edit on 032828p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

Like what?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Aphorism

Like what?

Well, you know.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Stormdancer777

Aphorism

Like what?

Well, you know.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Can you please upload all those notes so others can benefit as well? Much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

thestarwalker

Can you please upload all those notes so others can benefit as well? Much appreciated.

Yes, will do, surprisingly I'm still unpacked, still reeling & beaming in consciousness, still not the same as before, everything the same yet everything so so different on the most fundamental levels of Being. Some of my friends & family members have mentioned there's something different about me they can't put their finger on....reality is oddly surreal.....there is only now and the last few days since this thread feel like 5 minutes.

I promise I'll get to it sometime. Did you see what I posted a few pages back, it was 2 of the most important notes of the rest, the most vital of them. I think its the bottom of page 6. I'll bump it

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

bumping notes...

more to come....please by understanding & patient, this is a very sensitive and surreal time for me still

edit on 25-2-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

Also my return trip itinerary:

edit on 25-2-2014 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. It is all about the breath... something so simple yet most people have no clue how it can affect not only your health but the evolution of your consciousness.

About 10 years ago I ventured into the world of zazen which involves a ritual practice of sitting in full lotus and focuses on controlling the breath. Against the better advice of most zen masters out there I taught myself to sit (meditate) alone in my apartment while working a corporate job in the thick of Manhattan.. being from the Rocky mts I had to find my sanity somehow. It was, and still is, the most difficult thing I've ever attempted, not at first but as I got into it I found myself battling innumerable obstructions and personal demons for months until one Saturday morning about 9 months into my practice I believe I had reached what is called the zen liturgy as Kensho. I felt the lower dantien (abdomen) drop or release somehow and then it felt as though a pitcher of warm water was poured through a hole in the top of my head and the "water" flooded my entire being with an ecstasy beyond anything I had ever experienced. It was as scary as it was phenomenal. That moment forever changed me and somehow it permanently opened up my ability to perceive and to empathize with the needs of others.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

thestarwalker

You can find most of it in The Serpent Fire by "Arthur Avalon."

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join