It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I met a fully Enlightened "Buddha". Here's what he said:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Aphorism
I've been to the Himalayas a few times and never saw any glowing beings unfortunately. Frankly I think you were taken for a ride, or are taking us for a ride. But The enlightened ones in India also happen to be the best salesmen. People fall for it pretty easily.

I posted terms that he mentioned that can be researched, studied, and explored on your own. As I speak, my consciousness is so energetically high, its already effected my sister, mother, and a few friends since I've been back, one of who is still. 2 days later, basically high from being around my own consciousness. I guess its called "kensho satori."

So ride or not, one can look up "upper dan tien", see that it is a thing, and go within themselves to see if they can open it up and access it. Very logically simple approach to prove whether or not I'm BS'ing everyone.

On top of that, if you click my username, you will see that I had a thread I started sometime lat 2013 that said something to the effect of, "Going to Indian after the New Year, Any tips?" As well as the link in my thread about Enlightenment, this is something I have been doing, chasing, accessing, for the last 10 years. I have been on u2u and email basis with several ATS'ers here, in deep discussions on very deep intimate details of the Path and going within, and my whole life and destiny revolve around Enlightenment.

I really have absolutely no intention of trolling or BS'ing. There would be absolutely nothing gained from it. And I am not some 15 year old out playing internet games. I'm probably the most intense & passionate person you'd ever meet in your life and 100% serious, well at least that's what everyone says after meeting me.

But hey, if you don't believe it. It's on you

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by dominicus

Did you learn anything that you could not have learned browsing in the New Age section of your local bookstore?

Yes, hanging out around people who are Enlightened, has a profound effect on your own being and accelerates access to your own Enlightenment. A week later, and I'm still high, consciousness expanded, various openings are still prevalent within, and everything is so so so so effortless right now.

I never gained any of that in a bookstore

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thats cool your friend got to be one of these lucky guys that got to meet this guy too.

Not trying to start an argument but I cant really say those notes are proof because if you had never met him you would have to make lots of notes and research in order to make it up anyway.

This man must of done something to you because I can't recall the terminology you've used of the top of my head and I've read it several times.

Have you got a photos of the trip it must of been beautiful scenery would love to be able to go.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

dominicus

Aphorism
...this is something I have been doing, chasing, accessing, for the last 10 years...

www.iloveulove.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Haven't read the whole thread, just some of the first page.

A lot of this has congruence with Soto Zen. The nature of Buddha being both dual and one at the same time. Like waves in the ocean, both one and separate. But I guess its a common theme throughout vedic spirituality.

I've also encountered the same all encompassing attitude among Vedics towards other religions - inner sanctums of all religions seem to have a lot more in common than otherwise - Sufis, mystical Christianity, etc. Fanatical masses and self serving managers are just unwitting facilitators of enlightenment for the few who are ready. Not my words, but I agree with them.

Seems like its all just egregores to look through at the larger universe. Vedic seems to be the most clear so far for me.

The technical aspects of yoga and meditation are lost on me at this time. I am still trying to stretch the body to be able to sit cross legged. I'll worry about lower tiens when I can.

Great post, thanks!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xorex

A lot of this has congruence with Soto Zen.

No! It most certainly does not! If someone yammered away like that at my temple he would risk a slap upside the head with the kyusaku!

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by xorex

No! It most certainly does not! If someone yammered away like that at my temple he would risk a slap upside the head with the kyusaku!

My comment is based on the several readings of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. Mr. Suzuki yammers away quiet a lot. Would you slap him too?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I don't doubt you dominicus. It sounds like your trip was meaningful and I regret slinging my negativity over it. I just know that there are many supposed gurus that prey on westerners there. I apologize.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

xorex

DJW001
reply to post by xorex

My comment is based on the several readings of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. Mr. Suzuki yammers away quiet a lot. Would you slap him too?

Does he go on about how enlightened he is? Does he mix esoteric traditions together in a random mash-up? Or does he explain that the goal of Buddhism is to rid one's self of one's delusions? The OP is filled with delusional thinking. It is most certainly nothing to do with Soto Zen.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Does he go on about how enlightened he is? Does he mix esoteric traditions together in a random mash-up? Or does he explain that the goal of Buddhism is to rid one's self of one's delusions? The OP is filled with delusional thinking. It is most certainly nothing to do with Soto Zen.

How do you know its random? Is it because it seems random to you?

Suzuki doesn't talk about himself much, aside from occasional anecdote. My reference to Soto Zen is to the concepts OP posted about what he learned. Not about himself in particular. Did you read anything in my post past the first sentence?

edit on 24-2-2014 by xorex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

xorex

Suzuki doesn't talk about himself much, aside from occasional anecdote. My reference to Soto Zen is to the concepts OP posted about what he learned. Not about himself in particular. Did you read anything in my post past the first sentence?

Of course. I am simply pointing out that the supposed "Buddha's" word salad is quite the opposite of Soto Zen. The Boddhisatva Vow obliges one to free one's self from delusion. I always bridle at delusional thinking.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

DJW001

xorex

Of course. I am simply pointing out that the supposed "Buddha's" word salad is quite the opposite of Soto Zen. The Boddhisatva Vow obliges one to free one's self from delusion. I always bridle at delusional thinking.

It doesn't seem that you read what is written to you. I asked you a question.

Lets try one last time. How do you know its word salad? Is it because that is what it seems like to you?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

I understand the human need to try and classify and order things in order to make sense of them. The people who hold on to these classifications are structure/functionalists. A good example of this is the Sigmund Freud division of human psychology into three parts -- The Id, Ego, and Superego. It's nice to think that anything can be divided up into nice, easy to understand and potentially controllable parts. The simplicity gives people hope. Sounds like the ersatz bodhisattva described by the OP gained a lot of self-satisfaction in being able to classify existence the way he did. A lot of peace in his mind.

Siddhartha the one known as Buddha today was a prince in a time which was something along the lines of medieval Europe lords and peasants class system, only there class system was much more harsh and much more cut off from one another. Lets just say that society impose false realities in our society there is the same thing, in dark ages Europe you had the same thing. And in that time and place when the Buddha was born the same was true only to a much higher scope, so much so that the guy and pretty much everyone else in those echelons were not aware of the real world outside there castles and self imposed lavish lifestyles at the very least.

The law a manu was not only imposed it was a reality, and the lower classes ie the untouchables were basically lower then mud, and if people are not families with the laws of manu they should look them up as they have some pretty austere and harsh laws in there especially if your of the lower caste. Much more worse and harsh was that false reality imposed then anything you can think off today, it was something in reality akin to the slave worker race the Spartans kept in servitude.

So when he reached of age and literally went outside he saw a world which boggled his mind and could not comprehend, what his eyes saw was completely different then what he was trained to believe and to grasp, from then he went on his path and eventually became the Buddha, but it all started with that singular realization in mind when the bubble of his world burst upon coming to front with reality, his mission or quest really was to end suffering and he went about it the only way he knew or was capable by getting rid of all things in his mind and reaching a state of nirvana. What he achieved then was interesting, but did not completely change things and the world, it may have helped, and one could say that what he achieved has helped, while others could say it was just a way to transmit oneself into la la land so as to not look at things and realities. Its all just a matter of opinions really. So yes it is about classifications and about reaching peace of mind and self-satisfaction through those classifications.

So ya this whole Buddha thing and enlightenment went the way of all things and cults, into the stratosphere and much embellishment. And just like how Jesus said he did not want to become an idol, well considering that is exactly what he became for a great majority of peoples. Funny no how in some ways you become the very thing which you first set out to not become.

However... it's all crap. It's nonsense. Existence is a continuum. Reality is not made of components. It is a single whole. One plus one equals one. So the holy man described, like most holy men, is just as clueless as everyone else when it comes to understanding existence.

Actually I think its both, reality is both the components and the sum of all its parts. To look at it as one or the other is like looking at a watch as either the gears but not the whole of what it sums up, one can not exist without the other. And even the continuum has a beginning a middle and an end.

My only suggestion to anyone looking for enlightenment or peace is to try and come to peace with the fact that there is no enlightenment or peace. That's the best any of us can do. And then the mystery.

It best be asked enlightenment into what? If all you achieved is a state of living vegetation...Well there are many ways to that path as well besides constant meditation and practice. And in all I at the very least am not that impressed. But hey people need boobies, and like I said earlier it all leads to the same place anyways no matter the road you take.
edit on 7pmMondaypm242014f1pmMon, 24 Feb 2014 19:10:57 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

See I disagree, I have met a monk who has undergone an ego-death, he is just simply the loveliest person I have ever met. He doesn't claim anything as his own, he is generous, kind and would sacrifice his own life for yours, even if you didn't know him.

Again ego is just a word which got translated into a lot of things and has taken to mean many things. Originally it just meant "I" so if you met a monk who is the loveliest person you ever met and does not claim anything of his own and would sacrifice his life for yours that is a all just part of his ego...You just have taken a word and imposed a good and bad meaning on it, when such a thing does not exist.

If he told you he liked the color green and long walks in the park and likes dogs, well that to is just part of what and who he is, hence a part of his ego. The problem stems when everything you say and all arbitrary thoughts people would have they attribute to a word, that word being ego. Its just a vernacular interpretation of peoples fancies over time. If you would have went in time some generations ago half the words you use today would have different meanings. And people tend to attribute things to certain words when in realty the words are just there and what they are attributing to them is merely themselfs.

Like Shakespeare said..."There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so."

What do you believe is lost when you finally rid yourself of an ego? All that you loose is that kind of "party mentality" the need to prove yourself against other people and the need to compete against others. The only things he doesn't feel the need to do any more involve: accumulating material goods, lusting after women, drinking, smoking, anger, sorrow and fear... What sounds so bad about that? If those are the things that define YOU as a person, then I feel sorry for you.

All the above means nothing to me. I even think I was born without a party mentality, in fact I think my problem may be that I just dont party enough. Sorry but again your attributing things that are part of you, unto a word, and then that word unto me. When in fact it just may not apply to me at all for all you know.

As for people asking why things in Buddhism don't get scrutinised like Christianity does, it's because Buddhism is malleable, it's always susceptible to change or a new understanding, this is why monks meditate on their teachings all the time, then give speeches or write essays about new findings, it's like the spiritual equivalent of a scientific community. It's not like "these are holy teachings that can not and will not be changed!", Buddhism is open to ALL possibilities. Things like the Chakras, they are there because you feel different emotions in your body, when your nervous do you feel it in your brain, or in your stomach? When hurt, do you feel that in your brain or in your chest? These emotions effect different parts of your body going down your center and focusing on them, meditating and putting your attention on these areas can help you understand how to overcome these emotions, just because we don't actually have balls of light in us doesn't mean they don't exist.

I have no problem with Buddhism, if I did I would say so and what my problem is. I do however have a habit of testing or just messing with people who say they have reached a state of enlightenment. And that mostly is just for fun, in fact that is one of the mantras of zen and Buddhism is it not to kill the Buddha. But hey dont take it all so serious. Even if I come across as serious, I assure you I am not.

The thing with Buddhism is that it doesn't require faith, sure there is a belief system to do with the afterlife, but if you just believe in the philosophy of Buddhism, that is enough. So what is it specifically about Buddhism that you find mystical and takes faith? I'm happy to answer any questions you have about it.

I dont really have questions, and I see nothing mystical about Buddhism, in fact like Siddhartha all those years ago, I find Buddhism to be in today's world, as it was back then to be a very practical approach to certain things. But OK dude, if you want questions...Sure. Why not! So what exactly is the difference between "faith" and "believe" in your opinion, and in Buddhism?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

xorex

DJW001

xorex

Lets try one last time. How do you know its word salad? Is it because that is what it seems like to you?

Sit down, shut up and breathe.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by therealguyfawkes

Actually, only those who lack ego are real human beings. Discarding ego merely means discarding the conceptual notion of self--the idea that "I" like this but dislike that, that "I" enjoy x but loathe y.

Dude whats with you people and this ego thing. Like I said its just a word.

It makes about as much sense as saying you like air, but dont like oxygen.
Its just a word, get over it. And like I said if any of them were truly enlightened you would not be in this plain of existence.

All of the things that "you" (the artificial egotistical you) like or dislike, love or loathe, are subjective constructs programmed into the brain through life experience and filtered perceptions. But none of those subjectivities are real, and none represent the real you--the soul behind that body of flesh and blood.

Oh I know, more so then any of you in fact, believe you me, or do not it matter not to me. But all of that still does not discount the fact that things are real and likes and dislikes exist.

Taking the ego for the self is like allowing the car to drive itself on autopilot, or allowing your computer to browse the internet on its own. It's becoming a passenger in your own body, ceding free will to the knee-jerk reflexes of the fleshy brain-computer in your skull, as opposed to taking the wheel and truly piloting that flesh-vehicle you inhabit.

All depends on if you know were your going. A car without a pilot is going nowhere, a computer without somebody to observe and interpret things is just a box of plastic and wires. To go from one extreme to another is just not the way to go.

For example, imagine yourself standing at the edge of a platform hundreds of feet in the air, about to dive off and bungee jump. The ego is the reactions of the body--the clenched stomach and sweaty palms, the rising of fear and whispering of "no, no, don't do it, I'm too afraid..."

YES! And its there for a reason. That reason being the chance of ending up a blood and guts stain on the concrete. Like I said none of what you said discounts the fact that all of those things are real. Now remove that bungee cord from that hight and what are you left with?...Will you be jumping then?

The soul piloting the body is the element that has to rise up and make an autonomous choice to override every one of those egotistical instincts, to leap off that platform and relish in that experience. So no, death of the subjective ego doesn't result in some lifeless potato. After the ego dies, all those voices of fear and doubt and confusion die alongside it. And once those artificial constructs are removed, what you have left is a fully free, a fully liberated, real human being.

Not necessarily, what you would be left with is merely the thrill of a new find, like so many that came before. However there is always more to things then any one perception of them. And even potatoes are not lifeless and can give you a shock...Literally.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphorism

Any man who is devoted to a cave is not devoted to too much. People are devoted to their little caves even in more urban areas, but I'm sure they wouldn't call themselves enlightened. What can these men know about the universe besides the one they create in their minds?

Actually dude one can learn a lot from them, even from the fake ones.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

DJW001

xorex

DJW001

xorex

Did it help? Do you want to tackle this challenge now? Or do you need to sit on it some more?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

xorex

DJW001

xorex

DJW001

xorex

Did it help? Do you want to tackle this challenge now? Or do you need to sit on it some more?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

DJW001

xorex

DJW001

xorex

DJW001

xorex

Well I can certainly see the need for all that slapping now. Either way, let me know when you're feeling better, I'm here for you.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join