It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the aliens benevolent?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   
In 1947, there was only one nuclear bomb wing in the world, the 509th located in Roswell, NM.

What are the chances that a UFO crashed that close to it? one in millions.

Maybe the aliens wanted to let us know they're here, and wanted to send us a message about nuclear war.

If they are benevolent for us in the long term, they must have done everything they could to prevent a nuclear war in the the past 50 years.

Maybe they even took measures to prevent a nuclear war- by implanting those who would have launched a nuclear war, etc..-.

If they are capable of abducting millions of people for a specific goal, they probably would have abducted a few leaders of the world to prevent a worldwide catastrophe that would ruin their entire plan.

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 01:17 PM
link   
the same thing could be true, in reverse as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2002 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Put the human specie's in the same role as an alien. How do you think we would act? We are a curious specie's. We study just about everything we can find available to study. I wouldn't say we intentionally try to intervene with a primitive culture's society. In fact we try to let it run's it's own course as long as possible before our presence change's that society. What would make you think an alien culture would intervene in our affair's? I can definatley see and understand them studying us, but not meddling with our daily affair's. If they have the technology to get here then they most certaintly have the technology to wipe us out in less than a week if they so chose. I doubt they would see atomic weapon's as posing a threat to them and I doubt they would even really give two crap's about what we do with ourselve's. We certainly don't care about what happen's to our own primitive culture's here on earth....

posted on Oct, 16 2002 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I believe it is very difficult to know how they think.

We have just evolved out of natural selection, and because of that, we are close to self-destruction.

Advanced species have probably left the natural selection stuff to survive.

So we probably cannot understand how they think..

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that we have to understand them. Anyway, are we able to do it ?

I think that we don't need them !!!
Go back to your own solar system, and let us live.

There is only 3 possibility :

1) They are our friends.

2) They are neutrals.

3) They are our ennemys.

If you think that's the first possibility, you're dangerous for yourself, your family , the Earth & the humanbeing.

Neutral ? When you're neutral, you stay at home. You do not abduct peoples, you don't destroy airplanes, you don't spy secret installations.

So, for me, they are our ennemy !

-Killing
-Abduction
-Medicals experiments

are not friendly stuffs.

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 04:59 AM
link   
There are certainly negetive things aliens have done, but what about the positive such as warnings about US destroying the earth through pollution. If aliens wanted to they could have destroyed or enslaved the human race already. I'm not saying I think all aliens are one hundred percent friendly. I think aliens have different levels of ethics and some are friendly while others are not.

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightning
I think aliens have different levels of ethics and some are friendly while others are not.

You did a good point. Some are friends, some NOT. That's why we have to be very carefully with this matter.

If I see one of them, I'll not think " may be he's friendly, or may be not ".

I will do like if he was unfriendly !

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There seems to be several species who come here.

Since the appearence of an intelligent species must be pretty rare (Drake's equation..), doesn't that mean that they help each other to survive, in which case they are probably benevolent?

Maybe they want to help us, but we fail to understand it.

posted on Oct, 17 2002 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Have you guys ever heard of this book???

The Secret War
The Heavens Speak Of The Battle

by Heidi Hollis

www.iuniverse.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:39 AM
link   
BUMP!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Somehow, I doubt that forceable kidnapping humans, and ramming anal probes up their asses counts as "benevolence"

You only need to be secretive, when people wouldn't approve of your actions....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Are the aliens benevolent?

Well are we as a society benevolent, or malevolent?
Can we throw our society into one of these two ways of thinking?
I think the same can be said for an Alien society.
Thier might be some in an Alien society that might wish to do us harm, then others that might wish to help us.
Just as Humans, in nature want to help or hurt.
Deep

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
you know i really think we probably could realize what kind of methods they use in thinking, and how their minds work. in reality because look, we can mess with our own dna. i mean cant we figure out whats in their structures????????

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Benevolent dictators?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
if they do medical experiments without permission, they're criminals.

if a human did that, it would be a felony.

if they care about us polluting the world (gee tell us something we don't know), they might try being open about their presence and helping us with technology to meet our needs without pollution.

Instead they molest and annoy people out in the woods and scare them out of their wits.

Their concern for our pollution sure seems like a cover story if anybody of us asks why they're here. "Dude, what are you guys doing?" "oh we're here to study you, we're concerned about your polluting the environment." "oh OK. while you're at it, why don't you start by not polluting my anus, mkay?"

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Let's talk about that analogy to "parasitilis" that I saw on the first page. I hope I spelled that right..

A question has been begged in the definition of that disease by psychiatry. Is it not possible that the people who suffer the affliction are telling accurately what they see, and that in fact they see something that really is there?

It's a real question, because to accomodate their diagnosis, they have had to posit a new common functioning of the brain, which they cannot prove except by reference to the very people they have diagnosed! That's a circular argument.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio..

So anyway, you have to realize that science (or Scientism) has defined all anomalous things away, end of subject. If something smacks of the paranormal, most scientists won't touch it, fearing for their careers. I'm sure you've heard this before.. Give it a name, sketch out a normative theory, and drop it like a stone.

Now, as to whether Aliens are good or bad -- you judge these things by what they do. So, what are they doing?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Greys are hostile the abductions is just for the survival of thier own race. All the greys must be slaughterd or captured.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I say wear mirrored shades and steel toed doc's and get ready to kick some pumpkin heads!

those grays are in big trouble man!

I wonder what 1000000 candle power halogen lights do shining right in their eye balls?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Only as benevolent as a scientist would be if forced to deal with a talking lab rat....

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
-is glad that none of the people in this thread are in charge of making first contact with an alien species-

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join