It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the aliens benevolent?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 03:17 AM
link   
What is it ? A T-72 ? Anyway, it's looking like a russian tank.

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Ultra Phoenix,

This is a quote of David Bohm, Einsteins protege and one of the two scientist who discovered the holographic theory...

"In a universe in which all things are infinitely interconnected, all consciousnesses are also interconnected. Despite appearances, we are beings without borders. Deep down the consciousness of mankind is one."

Very similar to what I've read on those websites from those alleged aliens...

P.s: If you want peace, you can't prepare for a war... You have to prepare for peace if you want peace...

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Found this in the "Bad American" topic

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandit795
Ultra Phoenix,

This is a quote of David Bohm, Einsteins protege and one of the two scientist who discovered the holographic theory...

"In a universe in which all things are infinitely interconnected, all consciousnesses are also interconnected. Despite appearances, we are beings without borders. Deep down the consciousness of mankind is one."

Very similar to what I've read on those websites from those alleged aliens...

P.s: If you want peace, you can't prepare for a war... You have to prepare for peace if you want peace...

I'm agree with you, except for one point.

If you want to have peace, your ennemy have to know that he can't attack you, or he will be completely and definitively anihilated. Unfortunately, only the powefulls have rights. The others have ALLWAYS wrong.

Look what's going on in our lives. When you have a good jb, with a good appointment, you're a winner. If you have a stupid job, or a little appointment, you're a loser. The same between the nations and/or others civilisations.

"Wolves don't fight with wolves ".

Of course, it's sad and I don't subscribe to this point of view, but it's a fact, if you are weak, you lose. If you are strong, you don't lose. It's not that I want to win, it's just that I don't want to lose.

That's why we didn' have any " hot wars " between the NATO & the Varsaw pact.Coz the both parts knew it. If I try to attack you, I'm dead. If you try to attack me, you're dead too. Equality is the best guarantee against a war. Minimum between to civilized nations.

But I repeat, I want to leave in peace, but not in any prices. I know that everything has his own price, and peace has a price too, but sometimes, if you want to keep your democracy and freedoms values, you have to fight. Then, we have to be prepared against all the threats. Human, Alien, others...

" Si vis pacem, parabellum " Greats words from Julius Caesar, Roman Emperor .

posted on Sep, 11 2002 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I find it very interesting what you say, in some instances fighting may reach to the cause, but imo there's a much simpler way... You ave to overcome the circumstances, not fight them. They wil just increase if you fight them. This is an interesting story/allegory that points it out...

www.mindalteringfiction.com...

"Sam found himself in a dojo. To be more exact it was the dojo from the movie "The Matrix" only Darius was facing him instead of Morphius. Darius was also dressed in armor, and had a sword and shield in his hands. Behind him was a large trophy, or perhaps the Holy Grail. It was a large golden cup, which glowed with energy.

Darius' dark eyes met Sam's earnestly. "Your goal is to get the cup, begin."

Sam noticed that there was a sword lying on the bench to his right. On it's blade was inscribed the word "Truth" in red. Sam lifted the blade and moved towards Darius. "Armed with truth, how can I fail?" he joked.

Darius met every one of Sam's attacks with ease though, constantly pushing him back off the mat and landing him hard on his ass. After the ninth or tenth time Sam grew frustrated and threw himself at Darius, only to find himself thrown back even harder with Darius smiling gleefully all the while.

"Had enough yet?" Darius asked while offering his hand to Sam. Sam pondered trying to flip Darius but remembered telepathy and decided against it.

"Yeah, I guess so." he said taking Darius' hand.

"So what am I doing wrong?"

"Wrong? What do you mean, I think you fought beautifully."

"But I didn't win. I never reached the goal."

"What was your goal?"

Frustrated Sam exclaimed: "To get the bloody golden cup of course!"

"Oh, in that case the answer is, because you never tried."

"What!"

Grinning, he continued, "You never once actually tried to pick up the cup did you? You never tried stepping around me or even teleporting the cup to you. Instead you allowed yourself to be distracted from your goal by the prospect of a fight."

"Okay, I can accept that, but how do I apply that to my situation with Joan. I mean how can I live that dream I see every night, if she's not in it with me."

"I won't solve everything for you," said Darius "you know that already. But, I will ask you this: Do you believe that Joan is going to change?"

The question was simple, and I knew exactly where it was going, the answer welled up in me catching in my throat. "No, I don't."

"Then how can she? If you don't allow for the possibility of her changing, then you won't choose the probable future where she does. It would be far better for you to release her then and pursue a new relationship, rather than hang on to this little merry go round you've created. "

The dream changed, and suddenly Sam found himself standing exactly where he was when he came in.

"I want you to do this right this time, you need the practice."

Sam felt silly at first, but he walked across the room toward the golden cup. As he passed Darius he was wary of that sword, it's sharp edge still pointed toward him, as he reached the cup, he felt as if Darius might dive on him at any moment driving the sword deep into his exposed back.

"You do not trust yourself." said Darius calmly. "It's easy for you to let fear call the shots and pull you off course. Now drink from the cup."

Sam lifted the cup, and sipped the clear liquid. It tasted rich and sweet and his heart felt a thousand times lighter for drinking it. The feeling was so strong that it pulled him out of his sleep, and he found himself stretched out on the couch."

Also, this Einstein quote is also interesting in this matter...

"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved
by the level of thinking that created them."

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Bandit795,

My post will be short.

Do you mean that I don't want really have peace ?

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:11 AM
link   
No, I don't mean that... I mean it's a very common misconception of the western world that we have to fight to get what we wan't...

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bandit795
No, I don't mean that... I mean it's a very common misconception of the western world that we have to fight to get what we wan't...

What about for the rest of the world ? I didn't see the Chicom asking permission to " take " the Tibet. I didn't see the Soviets asking permission to " take " Afghanistan. I think it's the same everywhere in the world.That's why I think the ET's are not so different from us.

In Africa, Asia, South-America...everywhere you have to fight if you want to have something. May be not with weapons or guns, but you will have to fight, allways.

Do you want a good job ? You have to fight if you want to have it.

Do you want your freedom ? You have to fight for it.

We have to fight for everything, each day is a fighting against everything.

Only in an Utopian world you don't have to fight.

Well, I stay on my position : " Si vis pacem, parabellum "

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 12:17 PM
link   
That's because it's a belief impregnated in you mind since birth... Our beliefs determine what we experience.

In my opinion we create our lives with what we focus our attention on. Our thoughts and feelings are very powerful. When you're focusing on war, fighting a wa, you have your attention on the lack of peace. So you'll create more lack of peace, which means more war.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Damn it !!! What did you do ???

I'm agree with you. I know it's true.
May be it's coming from the " Cold War ".

When I was born, it was the " cold war ".
When I grew up, it was still the cold war.
When I joined the Army,it was still the cold war.
When I left the Army, the " cold war " was supposed to be over.

I miss the cold war.

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 04:07 PM
link   
HAhahahaha....

posted on Sep, 12 2002 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix
What is it ? A T-72 ? Anyway, it's looking like a russian tank.

its an T-90,
50 metric tons of cold russian steel

www.fas.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Necro99,

You're living in Canada, and you like only Russians aircrafts, russians tanks, russians helicopters,russians submarines.....Don't tell me, you have your Canadian Communist Party Card Member, right or not ?

Do you know that you can immigrate to Cuba, North-Korea, Russia, China, Viet-Nam, Laos...What are you waiting for ?

They'll be so happy when they'll see 1 of their Western Komrad. Don't let them wait. It's not gentle.

You'll have a great job there. You'll speak on 1 of their radio.

" Setipsychic is speaking to you. I've reach the freedom. I'm living now in a communist country. My life is so bright now.Everybody is happy here. Everybody is friends with everybody.C'mon Komrad ! Join me and my democratics Komrad in our fight against these decadents and undemocratics westerns nations...Setipsychic is speaking to you... "

[Edited on 13-9-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Anyone who disagrees with you is a communist, well why the # bother coming to this forum if you are just going to tar all left-wing people with a giant brush.

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fantastic_Damage
Anyone who disagrees with you is a communist, well why the # bother coming to this forum if you are just going to tar all left-wing people with a giant brush.

Look Mr " who don't want to do his coming out ", I was just kidding with Necro99 and he know it. Anyway, it's not your biz. And if my post is out of subject ( I'm agree with you on this point ), Necro99 posts are out of subject TOO !

I wonder why you didn't point it.

Anything else Mr " who don't want to do his coming out " ?

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Necro99,

Don't tell me, you have your Canadian Communist Party Card Member, right or not ?

[Edited on 13-9-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

becuase i am not canadian!!!!!!
I AM QUEBECOIS!!!!!

You're living in Canada, and you like only Russians aircrafts, russians tanks, russians helicopters,russians submarines.....

becuase their military [size=20]OWNZ!

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Beautifull flag. Not kidding, really nice.

I didn't know that Canadian flag was blue. The last time I saw it, it was red with some white.

posted on Sep, 13 2002 @ 09:24 PM
link   
dont F*ck with me about this buddy

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

Necro99, don't worry, I'll not fu*k you.

It's a promise !

posted on Sep, 14 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

Necro99, don't worry, I'll not fu*k you.

It's a promise !

you better,
or else i Will F*ck you up

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join