It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True story....Parrot tells police his owner is drunk....DUI arrest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
A Mexican motorist was busted drunken driving after his pet parakeet ratted him out to police.
Guillermo Reyes, 49, was pulled over by traffic officers at a routine alcohol checkpoint in Mexico City last week.
As he got out of his blue Chevy to be tested, cops heard a voice saying: "He's drunk, he's drunk."

At first, they thought someone else was inside the vehicle.
But, on closer inspection, they were stunned to see it was Reyes' beloved bird turned snitch.
El Universal reports that Reyes was indeed found to be drunk and was subsequently arrested

Animal Surveillance Brigade officers were called to take the mouthy critter away.
But they eventually allowed him to accompany his owner to prison after it was feared the bird would die if separated from his owner, reports El Universal.

The duo was taken to El Torito, the capital city's "hangover prison," where anyone found driving with more than the legal 0.08 alcohol limit is taken to sober up and stay the night

edit on 17-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
LOL Funny! But that pic is of a parrot, not a parakeet.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Night Star
LOL Funny! But that pic is of a parrot, not a parakeet.

yeah....it was a cool pic so I put it in there....the other pic isn't a pic of a drunk Mexican getting out of a blue chevy either.....

tough crowd ... tough crowd

edit on 17-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

True. LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This made me day.

Never trust the bird! LOL

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
está borracho ... está borracho ... Aaawaarrk!!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
That birdbrain couldn't keep his mouth shut. I wonder if the police put it in the witness protection program?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Haha, I wonder why it said "He's drunk" instead of "I'm drunk," you'd think that's what it would say if it was mimicking him.

top topics

join