It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient American's genome mapped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Scientists sequenced the genome of a one-year-old boy who died in what is now Montana about 12,500 years ago.

Some researchers have raised questions about the origins of early Americans, with one theory even proposing a link to Ice Age Europeans.

But the Nature study places the origins of these ancient people in Asia.

The infant was a member of the Clovis people, a widespread, sophisticated Ice Age culture in North America. They appeared in America about 13,000 years ago and hunted mammoth, mastodon and bison.

The boy's remains, uncovered at the Anzick Site in Montana in 1968, were associated with distinctive Clovis stone tools. In fact, it is the only known skeleton directly linked to artefacts from this culture.

Ancient American's genome mapped

An awesome news, and I know SLAYER69 posted part of the news in 'ancient & lost civilizations' forum, but in my honest opinion he has lost most important point of the news - relation of those people to ancient Asian people.

Here is another new source on the same news: science.time.com...

The researchers found that around 80% of today's Native Americans are related to the "clan" from which the boy came.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh sorry i dint see the link there,

edit on 13-2-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Still why you made a new one instead of discussing your point of view in original?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Indigent
Slayer did a thread about this an hour ago,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please note that the same link I posted in above news. Slayer69 did post news, but used it for some wishful thinking about previous civilization instead as sign that DNA is linked to Asian people. This is new section, I believe that I am not breaking any rules, as you can have breaking news as well forum topic on the same news. (If I am wrong, moderators can do their job)

EDIT: Reason is exactly SLAYER69 post, as news looses its validity because of conspiracy about lost tribe.

Thanks,

SF
edit on 13-2-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

SuperFrog
but in my honest opinion he has lost most important point of the news - relation of those people to ancient Asian people.

I focused on the possibility of a Lost history after they got here. I think the vast majority that are familiar with the various theories of the peopling of the Americas have already accepted an Asian connection to varying degrees in prehistory. Which isn't really new News but rather a validation of the already widely accepted theory. Not to mention an ancient European one as well.

With regards to the post directly above this one....

Where did this supposed 'Lost Tribe' business come from? I've never mentioned anything about a 'Lost Tribe' nor Mormons for that matter.

ETA: I've got nothing against 'Mormons or their beliefs' just saying that has nothing to do with my thread or conjecture.
edit on 13-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
What they didnt come from a cursed tribe of Isreal ? Wow someone needs to tell the mormons

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It stands to reason that those who trekked here the earliest (among the first waves) would be among those who trekked the furthest south and east, while the last waves would remain among those in Alaska and Canada. The oldest genetic population has been among the Paleoamerinds in the southern tip of South America, the Patagonians and Fuegians. What this genetic finding does do is raise a question, why would the remains of an infant buried in Montana be genetically related to the older genetic groups, found in Central and S. America, be found so far north? All we can do is speculate, that perhaps these populations were more mobile than we think, and the article did state that there was also a relation to Paleoindians in Canada. just not as strong as one to southern populations... "He was more closely related to those in Central and South America than to those in Canada." "More closely", but it didn't rule out some genetic relationship to Canadian populations as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

crazyewok
What they didnt come from a cursed tribe of Isreal ? Wow someone needs to tell the mormons

Well, being a native of Utah, but not being Mormon. I have overheard and witness open discussions at work about Mormon history. They believe their book and prophet. There are travel agencies there that sell trips to Central America based on the belief that it is a place where the ancient people of the Book of Mormon existed. I have even been told to read the book of Mormon to know about history…

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Stikiiki
I have even been told to read the book of Mormon to know about history…

I suggest reading the back of a Mc donalds burger wrapper instead of that for history

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

crazyewok

Stikiiki
I have even been told to read the book of Mormon to know about history…

I suggest reading the back of a Mc donalds burger wrapper instead of that for history

Yeah, that’s basically how I have always felt about it lol. I worked as a scrub tech in a hospital helping in surgery and it was always interesting when one doctor believed the Book of Mormon and another would bring up scientific fact. It was an interesting work environment haha.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As much as I like to bash religions, this is not thread about it, but rather important find.

As Slayer has already mentioned, and it is my bad, it is not lost tribe. I was referring to this part of his opening post on that other topic:

As many of you know I've always thought that it shouldn't surprise anybody that we find the older and more advanced cultures and civilizations farther south where the weather was much more habitable to humans than the northern latitudes. This doesn't mean there weren't people living at those Latitudes just that the farther south one went the nicer the climate was.

Any link to Mormons was unintentional.

Thanks,

SF

ps. It sounds like science fiction - doctor to believe in mormon bible... really?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'll be reading the article shortly, but it is good to know about the Asian-Clovis connection.

I've read theories suggesting a European Caucasian origin of the Clovis people, but that seemed rather race biased considering most Native Americans are of Asian origins.

Interestingly, however, the teams found that Native American ancestors coming in from Asia split into two groups. One group was ancestral to native peoples presently living in Canada and the other one - which is represented by the Clovis boy - was ancestral to virtually all Native Americans in South America and Mexico.

IMO, that seems to mean that the earlier Clovis people quickly migrated south, while the Canadian tribes may have arrived a little later when the North country was starting to be more habitable. Regardless, both blood lines apparently came from Siberia and crossed the land bridge (or ice berg hopped in kayaks, etc) around the time the glaciers began to recede.

edit on 13-2-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 13-2-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added qoute and last lines

top topics

join