It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is evil?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Evil is Living.

Evil / Live

I'm sure we have all done something evil in the eyes of another.

leolady

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
True evil I believe is ignorance.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

earthblaze

So does that mean that if you killed your family, we can blame it on ignorance?
edit on 15-2-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

I wouldn't think you were arguing, really. I tend to deal with a group of people that insist on using the KJV for everything. For at least their sake, I spend a heck of a lot of time looking at etymology, just so that way I can point out the change in the usage of that word between that book and today. Especially when the "debate" is a poorly thought out one.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Visitor2012

earthblaze

So does that mean that if you killed your family, we can blame it on ignorance?
edit on 15-2-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)
It could be condemned quite easily through the "ignorance is sin" route, but I think there's a more straightforward way of doing it.

Through the Bible, it could be drawn from the debt parable. Or basic observations like the fact that the killer is ignorant of what the victim is thinking about them--a lack of connection as ignorance.

It would be far more easy to just state that murder is a sin because it doesn't quite require jumping through hoops or thinking out things.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

There are two forms of Evil in this World,there's the kind that attaches itself to the host like a parasite and consumes it until it is destroyed,Evil's goal is always to seek death and destruction in this case.
And then there's pacifism.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Very simple you can do harm through seven of these channels:

1) Wrath
2) Envy
3) Sloth
4) Pride
5) Gluttony
6) Greed
7) Lust

These seven behaviors combined with the love of money constitutes most of the evil in this world. Never mind where this comes from, look at the message and apply it to the world. Tell me this ain't true?
edit on 16-2-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

bitsforbytes

1) Wrath
2) Envy
3) Sloth
4) Pride
5) Gluttony
6) Greed
7) Lust

These seven behaviors combined with the love of money constitutes most of the evil in this world. Never mind where this comes from, look at the message and apply it to the world. Tell me this ain't true?

This was LITERALLY discussed on the previous page to this one by another poster.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tell me this ain't true?

It ain't true.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A lack of empathy is always one, but what is Evil is incredibly general. Sure you could look at religious views of evil, but then it becomes another evil in its own way as history shows. Sometimes, you need another evil to destroy the prime evil...

Probably the best example of two negatives making a positive other then math.

And no, the Seven Sins/Virtues seem to talk about character flaws more or less. Get to be too much of a sloth, end up just being lazy and good for nothing. Get too glutinous, gonna get a heart attack, or won't be able to physically defend yourself when needed. Get too envious, it just consumes you. Get too proud, the harder the fall too ground and reality.

Added:Wrath, get too angry all the time, and you will blow a blood vessel.

edit on 16-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Everything is evil.
Light is evil for darkness.
Water is evil for fire.
I'm evil for my enemy, my enemy is evil for me.
Everything is both, Good And Evil.
It just depends on your perception and your connection to the one.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Religion is evil...it makes good people do bad things.

Nope! HATRED is the only thing that "makes good people do bad things". And, here you are, encouraging that very thing...

See ya,
Milt
edit on 844America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-16T13:15:53-06:00Sunday00000053America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

well, choice in itself is not evil.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Basic human nature is
EVIL.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aashgonnatrash

Everything is evil.

Nope! In and, of itself, a love for God could never be evil.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 861America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-16T13:41:11-06:00Sundayu11America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

bitsforbytes

1) Wrath
2) Envy
3) Sloth
4) Prides
5) Gluttony
6) Greed
7) Lust

how can you justify that pride is evil ? To be proud of who you are and you achievements. There is a big difference between being proud and being a stuck up snob with you nose high in the air. And as for lust. Lust is not a sin as it is inthe genetic make up of human beings. It has to do with hormone levels.
One of the main univesal laws is ying and yang. Meaning for were is one positive there is one negative. Meaning were there is an emotional attraction there is a physical attraction. 9 times out of 10 the man is the physical and the female is the emotional. Unless you have had your hormones tampered with say ie prescription meds, or to much of certain gm foods.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

spirited75

Basic human nature is
EVIL.

I have a different view. If you remove the female species you will find that most males are really genuine . To the point were you brotherhoods are formed. Or so they use to be. How ever in this day and age where people are sexualy and mentaly disturbed. Who really knows what people are these days.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Jarring
reply to post by spy66

well, choice in itself is not evil.

Well that Depends on the Choice doesn't it. Evil will always have it's roots based on the Choices we make.

None of us know the moral code so none of us really no what good or bad Choices are.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

No body has the right to take a life. Weather it be another human, animal or insect. No body has the right to torture another living being for infomation, preasure, or disciplin.

However we do have the right to disciplin those who carry out bad actions. But not in a cruel way that will decrease there self worth. Nor do we have the right to perform capital punishment. The human mind is so easy to reprogram. Just take a look at todays society. Its a direct result of so much #y programming it has caused greedy hypocritical cut throat uncaring mentally, emotionally, sexualy, religiously confused society.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Ill tell you what is evil. How the Catholic religion took it upon them selves to murder what was origionally believed to be 10 million but recent figues now say 200 000 people during the witch hunt all under the name of god. Burned to a stake, tide to a chair and throwen in the river. They practically commited genocide against europeans who did not follow the catholic religion. This alone is evil from a religion so many people still today worship.

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

did you know anybody that was burned at the stake, thrown in a river to drown?
Are you a distant relative of someone who this happened to?

Can you, off the top of your head, give me the names of someone who this happened to?

Did not think that you could do this.
Neither can I.

Come down off your cross, take the wood, build a bridge and cross over it.
There are more than enough injustices in reality today, that bringing up some that happened centuries ago is an entire waste of your God given energies. LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join