It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT “News” media? 100,000 people protested on Saturday, and we never heard about it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is wonderful! Those who will not fight for Democracy will lose it to greedy billionaires.

Good luck to everyone in North Carolina fighting the Republican machine.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Another feckless protest. That's why nobody cared.

Land of the fee home of the slave.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

rupertg
This is wonderful! Those who will not fight for Democracy will lose it to greedy billionaires.

Only a liberal can call waving a rainbow flag fighting. The party of low expectations.
edit on 11-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

considering Raleigh has a population of 400K, then yes, 100K is a big deal

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Raise your hand if you're surprised.
And if you raise said hand, then slap yourself awake with it!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Did anyone come out of that protest looking like these protestors in Venezuela? *Warning! Very graphic pics*

It begs the question of where the press is on any of the international unrest. The Ukraine is a big story and this doesn't look like small time stuff in Venezuela.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sucks it got ignored... Can't say I understand what they are protesting clearly though. All I can gather is that they are mad at "rich white republicans". Hmm sounds like another Occupy style protest to me. I really wish people would get their heads outta their asses and stop this repub dem back and forth BS. If people understood the REAL issues instead of pandering there would be a hell of a lot more than 100k people protesting. Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

If it was a protest concerning Republican views im surprised the dem MSM wasnt reporting on it a week before it happened.

Our news media is a joke, they are bought and paid for parrots who report news in a "sleight of hand fashion" that leads most people away from the important issue's that affect our daily lives.

If this administration goes down in flames then we need to hammer most of the MSM outlets for aiding and abetting.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Odd...I was at a Starbucks that day and didn't see these people.

How does one miss 100k people?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

This article is a lie...LOL

Totally. Just freaking google "protest in raleigh" and you will see what the gathering was really about.

I just love it when liberals make shist up and then other liberals swallow it hook line and sinker *gobble gobble gobble" I am hearing and believing what I want to hear and believe!!! I will NOT QUESTION ANYTHING that supports my views

ROFL

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I have not heard of this until now either.
100,000 people and not a blip.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Why didn't the "left wing media" owned by the government spread it nationally.
Perhaps because both parties are neofascists plug-in showering us with partisnan propaganda when it suits them.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

slunteri

rupertg

Only a liberal can call waving a rainbow flag fighting. The party of low expectations.
edit on 11-2-2014 by slunteri because: (no reason given)

Because the right way to do it is by bringing boat loads of money to yor political cronies in Dc right?
You will never see the billionaires protesting and waving posterboards when money talks.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

jacobe001

Why didn't the "left wing media" owned by the government spread it nationally.
Perhaps because both parties are neofascists plug-in showering us with partisnan propaganda when it suits them.

Or, perhaps because it just didnt happen at all.

www.thenation.com...#

billmoyers.com...’s-moral-monday-movement-kicks-off-2014-with-a-massive-rally-in-raleigh/

My daughter lives in Raleigh. There was no such rally as reported by the OP.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Devils advocate here (if there WAS a rally - seems that is even in question)...

100,000 protestors from 32 states, to protest against what is happening in North Carolina - tell me HOW MANY of these 'supposed' protestors are citizens of North Carolina?

These are states issues, and the state's citizens have the right to protest, and to vote...but those from other states, they need to take care of their state, and stay out of the business of North Carolina. If the citizens don't like their policies they can vote and protest, if non-citizens don't like it, they can stay the hell out.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Your daughter must have been asleep.
I have heard nothing about from the major news media, but it is listed on some minor news sites.

www.candidslice.com...

The Inspiring Sight Of The Moral March: One Reporter’s Firsthand Experience

What I expected to be a handful of protesters turned out to be a mass of over eighty thousand people gathered around Harrison and Wilmington. I could hear a speaker on a podium somewhere toward the middle of the crowd. Along with the uplifting words of tearing down corruption and making the government listen to the everyday worker, there were prayers and talk of religion to inspire the people. It always strikes me as an important movement when people of different religions come together for one cause. There was no time to take it all in. I was there as a reporter after all.

www.charlotteobserver.com...
Charlotte-area residents join thousands to take to the streets of Raleigh for massive march

www.washingtontimes.com...
North Carolina’s Moral Monday Movement Kicks Off 2014 With a Massive Rally in Raleigh

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

jacobe001
reply to post by bbracken677

Your daughter must have been asleep.
I have heard nothing about from the major news media, but it is listed on some minor news sites.

www.candidslice.com...

The Inspiring Sight Of The Moral March: One Reporter’s Firsthand Experience

What I expected to be a handful of protesters turned out to be a mass of over eighty thousand people gathered around Harrison and Wilmington. I could hear a speaker on a podium somewhere toward the middle of the crowd. Along with the uplifting words of tearing down corruption and making the government listen to the everyday worker, there were prayers and talk of religion to inspire the people. It always strikes me as an important movement when people of different religions come together for one cause. There was no time to take it all in. I was there as a reporter after all.

www.charlotteobserver.com...
Charlotte-area residents join thousands to take to the streets of Raleigh for massive march

www.washingtontimes.com...
North Carolina’s Moral Monday Movement Kicks Off 2014 With a Massive Rally in Raleigh

I have a confession to make: This was a bit of an experiment. My first post about me being at a starbucks and having missed the 100k protesters was a bit of sardonic humor on my part. But then I got to thinking: If I posted links to the event, would anyone actually read them? The links I posted were to the event, actually LOL.

I wondered if I posted something provocative followed by the links if anyone would actually visit them. As of this writing no one had.

I would also like to add that I believe the whole dem vs repub and repub vs dem thing is orchestrated nonsense to divert our attention and split our displeasure. If anyone thinks that Democrat politicians are for the little guy, you should take a serious hard look at them. After all, at least 6 of the richest 10 congressmen are Dems.

Oh, and I haven't spoken to my daughter since mid last week. I apologize to her for my including her in my experiment... At one time she would have been there protesting with the rest...

edit on 11-2-2014 by bbracken677 because: last paragraph

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

JayinAR
reply to post by benrl

Absolutely.
Even right here on ATS apparently. Shameful

Beezzer's Thread

No censorship here, just lack of interest.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Bone75

JayinAR
reply to post by benrl

Absolutely.
Even right here on ATS apparently. Shameful

Beezzer's Thread

No censorship here, just lack of interest.

LOL that's pretty damned funny.

I have to say that I have never been able to wrap my head around the fact that some people believe you should not have to present any ID in order to vote..... You have to present ID to get a driver's license. You have to present ID to open a bank account. You have to present ID to get welfare. You have to present ID to cash a check. On and on and on ....

So what is the big deal about presenting ID for voting? Is it that it makes it harder for someone to vote 9 times?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Apparently we are not as connected as we need to be.
edit on 11-2-2014 by zombiefreekshow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join