It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT “News” media? 100,000 people protested on Saturday, and we never heard about it.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
There is no more “News” media: 100,000 people protested on Saturday, and we never heard about it.

And did you hear about this on the national “news” programs, Gentle Reader? No, you did not. You heard about the Olympics, various celebrity peccadillos, a politician’s 1990′s sex life, and lots of finger-pointing tripe from Congress.

It is apparently too much to expect our Infotainment industry to cover a huge grass-roots march by ordinary people, asking for ordinary things, in an ordinary way. You see, the “news” media is no longer about news, and hasn’t been since the 1970′s. The Reaganistas deregulated the media , making truth play second fiddle to profits. Second fiddle, Hell, they made truth a friggin’ understudy. Ratings and ad revenue determine what gets played on TeeVee “news” programs these days.

I have to admit, I never knew this took place. Up to 100,000 protestors from 32 states convened for the “Moral March on Raleigh,” and not a blip from Establishment "News" outlets.

More: 15 Photos From The Massive Progressive Protest You Didn’t Hear About This Weekend

Somewhere between 80 to 100,000 people from 32 states turned out to protest four years of drastic state Republican initiatives in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Saturday.

100,000 in North Carolina - no media coverage.

100,000 in Ukraine - massive media coverage (see Ukraine protests: Thousands march through capital)

The BBC's David Stern, in Kiev, says the latest action may be bigger than last weekend's demonstration, which attracted 50,000-100,000 supporters.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: fixed link

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
just how people know nothing of

Thedaywefightback.org.

Censorship is everywhere, no matter its excuse, its evil.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Good thread, more power to them, it was for a good cause and should have been reported out of state (was it reported in state?).

I at first thought it wasn't 100,000 from the photos, but the only one that shows the crowd, which you posted, cuts off on top so there's no telling how far back it goes.

edit on 11-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Absolutely.
Even right here on ATS apparently. Shameful

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Its the same in the uk!
They dont tell us until after the event, and even then they only focus on the agents provocatuers causing mayhem.

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just like in Nazi Germany the News is controlled by the government. They play both sides of the same coin laughing as we argue back and forth about nothing.

This could not be.......Remember a man called Ron Paul.........Remember how both sides attacked him. This was all I needed to see to be a true believer and then add in the oil spill,Libya,NSA scandal,Anti-gun,Snowden,Egypt,Sierra,Iraq,Iran.

All of these stories plus many more were controlled by the government. This is the cold hard truth people we live in a controlled dictatorship. The rule of law only applies to the common people not the ruling class. We are left eating cake.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Op, a big fat flag and star for you. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The powers that be follow a simple known fact, "Out of sight out of mind." We know corporate America owns the media, but Journalists everywhere should be ashamed of themselves for allowing real news to be covered up because it doesn't benefit the political elite. News black outs will backfire, and the public will start waking up.

I get most of my real news from ATS. It seems members here do a better job at reporting the news than the national media. I can't count how many time ATS breaking news is reported before the national media reports it, or doesn't report it. I think the internet forces the hand of the national media. When thousands complain of no news coverage of a particular news story, the media feels pressure to publicize it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think there is no one surprised ..Here is only a small bit of news about the 8.5 trillions of $ missing and not a word on the news .www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Its the same in the uk!
They dont tell us until after the event, and even then they only focus on the agents provocatuers causing mayhem.

It's been that way for a long, long time. Take a listen to MLK's "I have been to the mountaintop" speech where he discusses the press a few times.

That's always the problem with a little violence. You know what happened the other day, and the press dealt only with the window-breaking. I read the articles. They very seldom got around to mentioning the fact that one thousand, three hundred sanitation workers are on strike, and that Memphis is not being fair to them, and that Mayor Loeb is in dire need of a doctor. They didn't get around to that.at 11:15 minutes

www.americanrhetoric.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

benrl
just how people know nothing of

Thedaywefightback.org.

Censorship is everywhere

Yeah and we just saw what happened there eh? No soup for you.

OP thanks for posting this, I hadn't even heard a peep of this until now.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
You must be under the impression that 100,000 is some sort of massive protest. We can fit that many people in many football stadiums. According to police estimates, 700,000 turned out for the Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade. Of course that number may have been exaggerated, and so is the 100K number, actually "80,000 to 100,000" estimated by an "NAACP Logistics expert" who, of course, has no reason to exaggerate the figures. This also wasn't exactly a grass-roots protest. As is the usual practice for left wing protests, people were bussed in from elsewhere. These people were recruited.

They also don't seem to know what they are protesting about. To some it is all about "marriage equality," and to others it's "cuts in unemployment," which come from the national, not state level. To others it's "voting rights" because some people feel you ought to show ID to vote. In other words, it's kind of a general b**** march about anything the protestors don't like this week. Last year almost 1,000 protestors were arrested in a similar march. I'm sure it was because they were completely peaceful. And for the record, this isn't "against Republicans. As usual, with Democrats in power they totally mess the place up fiscally, spending money they don't have. The Republicans win based on this corruption and have to clean house, resulting in budget cuts, then it's all the Republicans fault. You can't spend money you don't have, people. Think Detroit. Decades of Democratic control = bankruptcy. It's no accident, no coincidence.

In terms of media coverage there were over a dozen articles and news stories on local TV about the march. No, it didn't go national like the protestors had hoped--largely because it is not of national interest and did not deserve to.
edit on 2/11/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

But I thought we had a "Liberal Media"?

We keep being told across these Boards that the "Lame Stream Media" only reports Pro Left and Anti Right wing stories.

Could it really be that this is not the case?

I'm shocked!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

SubTruth

Just like in Nazi Germany the News is controlled by the government. They play both sides of the same coin laughing as we argue back and forth about nothing.

This could not be.......Remember a man called Ron Paul.........Remember how both sides attacked him. This was all I needed to see to be a true believer and then add in the oil spill,Libya,NSA scandal,Anti-gun,Snowden,Egypt,Sierra,Iraq,Iran.

All of these stories plus many more were controlled by the government. This is the cold hard truth people we live in a controlled dictatorship. The rule of law only applies to the common people not the ruling class. We are left eating cake.

For accuracy sake, America is now being run by a small but very powerful, very wealthy number of corporations and billionaires. The "government" of "by the people, for the people" is now incredibly WEAK. In it's place are paid off toadies and lackies and lobbyists, all on the payroll of the Plutocracy, and all actively subverting the government to their corporate will.

One of the biggest blows against having a real news media came under former FCC chairman Michael Powell (Colin Powell's son) who made radical changes to the FCC allowing greater monopolies to dominate media outlets, it even paved the way for undermining net neutrality.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

schuyler
You must be under the impression that 100,000 is some sort of massive protest. We can for that many people in many football stadiums. According to police estimates, 700,000 turned out for the Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade. Of course that number may have been exaggerated, and so is the 100K number, actually "80,000 to 100,000" estimated by an "NAACP Logistics expert" who, of course, has no reason to exaggerate the figures. This also wasn't exactly a grass-roots protest. As is the usual practice for left wing protests, people were bussed in from elsewhere. These people were recruited.

They also don't seem to know what they are protesting about. To some it is all about "marriage equality," and to others it's "cuts in unemployment," which come from the national, not state level. To others it's "voting rights" because some people feel you ought to show ID to vote. In other words, it's kind of a general b**** march about anything the protestors don't like this week. Last year almost 1,000 protestors were arrested in a similar march. I'm sure it was because they were completely peaceful. And for the record, this isn't "against Republicans. As usual, with Democrats in power they totally mess the place up fiscally, spending money they don't have. The Republicans win based on this corruption and have to clean house, resulting in budget cuts, then it's all the Republicans fault. You can't spend money you don't have, people. Think Detroit. Decades of Democratic control = bankruptcy. It's no accident, no coincidence.

In terms of media coverage there were over a dozen articles and news stories on local TV about the march. No, it didn't go national like the protestors had hoped--largely because it is not of national interest and did not deserve to.

Were they to tell people BEFORE the event the figures might be much larger, and those attending might be better focused!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
For a place with the 1st Amendment It amazes me how much censorship you guys have over the pound.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm watching the Russians (RT) for my news and I still have to pinch myself sometimes. You see I'm a child of the cold war and now I'm watching a hip version of Pravda? WTF? Maybe we were lied to by OUR government or maybe this is all the result of some epic KGB operation? (Oh sorry, FSB)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

One of the biggest blows against having a real news media came under former FCC chairman Michael Powell (Colin Powell's son) who made radical changes to the FCC allowing greater monopolies to dominate media outlets, it even paved the way for undermining net neutrality.

Worth repeating.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this. Had no idea. I think 100,000 posters is a LOT - and a lot more important than say the culling of giraffes.

F&S

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Here NAACP tells voters to bring photo ID to anti- voter ID march I posted this on my FB page a couple days ago. This "moral march" was just some political BS and not worthy of news coverage anyway but, it was out there not hidden. No conspiracy here.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

schuyler
You must be under the impression that 100,000 is some sort of massive protest. We can fit that many people in many football stadiums. According to police estimates, 700,000 turned out for the Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade. Of course that number may have been exaggerated, and so is the 100K number, actually "80,000 to 100,000" estimated by an "NAACP Logistics expert" who, of course, has no reason to exaggerate the figures. This also wasn't exactly a grass-roots protest. As is the usual practice for left wing protests, people were bussed in from elsewhere. These people were recruited.

edit on 2/11/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

While we're out on out feet, you stay comfortable playing Mr. Cynic.

I don't even understand what your reply has to do with this event. All I got out of it was "republican this democrat that." Go play partisan-politics elsewhere.

We've had enough of this, and the snide of the imbeciles who keep this empire afloat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join