It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT “News” media? 100,000 people protested on Saturday, and we never heard about it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Thanks for saying all of that, I agree and was looking for all the right words to say. I don't disagree with the protests 100%, but a lot of those pictures were more cringe worthy than newsworthy. Especially the one that said "help the vulnerable", all I could think of was more "vulnables", that's what we need!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Maybe because that was not news? A bunch of parasites and perpetual victims walking the streets out of abundance of free time, demanding stuff for free - kinda usual picture in the cities. And 100K number looks exaggerated, to put it mildly.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

VoidHawk

schuyler
You must be under the impression that 100,000 is some sort of massive protest. We can for that many people in many football stadiums. According to police estimates, 700,000 turned out for the Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade. Of course that number may have been exaggerated, and so is the 100K number, actually "80,000 to 100,000" estimated by an "NAACP Logistics expert" who, of course, has no reason to exaggerate the figures. This also wasn't exactly a grass-roots protest. As is the usual practice for left wing protests, people were bussed in from elsewhere. These people were recruited.

They also don't seem to know what they are protesting about. To some it is all about "marriage equality," and to others it's "cuts in unemployment," which come from the national, not state level. To others it's "voting rights" because some people feel you ought to show ID to vote. In other words, it's kind of a general b**** march about anything the protestors don't like this week. Last year almost 1,000 protestors were arrested in a similar march. I'm sure it was because they were completely peaceful. And for the record, this isn't "against Republicans. As usual, with Democrats in power they totally mess the place up fiscally, spending money they don't have. The Republicans win based on this corruption and have to clean house, resulting in budget cuts, then it's all the Republicans fault. You can't spend money you don't have, people. Think Detroit. Decades of Democratic control = bankruptcy. It's no accident, no coincidence.

In terms of media coverage there were over a dozen articles and news stories on local TV about the march. No, it didn't go national like the protestors had hoped--largely because it is not of national interest and did not deserve to.

Were they to tell people BEFORE the event the figures might be much larger, and those attending might be better focused!

We've known about these leftist staged protests for quite a while. "Moral Mondays" have been around for a while and everybody in NC knows about them. Why didn't it get mo9re media attention? Probably because its old news.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed

schuyler
You must be under the impression that 100,000 is some sort of massive protest. We can fit that many people in many football stadiums. According to police estimates, 700,000 turned out for the Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade. Of course that number may have been exaggerated, and so is the 100K number, actually "80,000 to 100,000" estimated by an "NAACP Logistics expert" who, of course, has no reason to exaggerate the figures. This also wasn't exactly a grass-roots protest. As is the usual practice for left wing protests, people were bussed in from elsewhere. These people were recruited.

They also don't seem to know what they are protesting about. To some it is all about "marriage equality," and to others it's "cuts in unemployment," which come from the national, not state level. To others it's "voting rights" because some people feel you ought to show ID to vote. In other words, it's kind of a general b**** march about anything the protestors don't like this week. Last year almost 1,000 protestors were arrested in a similar march. I'm sure it was because they were completely peaceful. And for the record, this isn't "against Republicans. As usual, with Democrats in power they totally mess the place up fiscally, spending money they don't have. The Republicans win based on this corruption and have to clean house, resulting in budget cuts, then it's all the Republicans fault. You can't spend money you don't have, people. Think Detroit. Decades of Democratic control = bankruptcy. It's no accident, no coincidence.

In terms of media coverage there were over a dozen articles and news stories on local TV about the march. No, it didn't go national like the protestors had hoped--largely because it is not of national interest and did not deserve to.
edit on 2/11/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

so you are saying 700 000 turning out for a game is more important or news worthy than 100 000 protesting human rights?...no wonder we are doomed as a species

Except they are not protesting for human rights. They are party apparatchiks that have been doing this regularity since their corrupt buddies and gravy train providers were voted out.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer...

These Moral Marches have been happening regularly in Raleigh, NC for many months now and usually take place on Mondays - Moral Monday. There have been a decent number of arrests over the last 6 months or so. You are right, they don't get the attention they deserve.

I suspect they will continue to be ignored, you don't want to give other people around the county ideas.

Even our local news (I'm in the Triangle) glazes over them - there is a mention of it and any related arrests but they don't spend a lot of time covering it. It's rather sad.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

"The revolution will not be televised" The ghost of Chavez can give you a good lesson on what it's like to swim up stream.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It was the word "moral" that threw the media off.....none of them knew what it meant. You gotta have some "morals" before you can report on morals. Our media have neither morals nor respect for reporting the "news". I live in N.C. & never heard a word about any of this. Our media has been on " Snowpocalypse Alert" for days & days. Covering the totally devastating vanishing milk & bread crisis. Something about snow & milk & bread and the latter of the two vanishing. Cause's the total breakdown of society as we know it.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

A simple Google image search of "Moral Monday NC" will let you see what the establishment news media doesn't want you to see.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE
I'm watching the Russians (RT) for my news and I still have to pinch myself sometimes. You see I'm a child of the cold war and now I'm watching a hip version of Pravda? WTF? Maybe we were lied to by OUR government or maybe this is all the result of some epic KGB operation? (Oh sorry, FSB)

Ya think?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

And I think the worst thing they don't want you to see, is a 100,000 people without any violence.
All in peace, not afraid.
That's a no-no.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Many of these posts remind me of the dialogue during the Occupy Wallstreet protests. The protests were about political corruption(Gov no longer being "by/for the people") and the elite/the elite corporations having a disproportionate amount of power ( media control/manipulation, destruction of the environment, the pharmaceutical industry, the war and military industrial complex, Monsanto/ industrial farming, etc).

Protests were so big that the media could not ignore them. But the media did distort the picture... all that came from the media were that these people were "Liberals begging for handouts".

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FigmentofyourImagination

Precisely, if they can't ignore it, they'll belittle it. Nothing to see here folks, just go back to sleep.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join