It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT “News” media? 100,000 people protested on Saturday, and we never heard about it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Progressive ?

LOL

"Expand Medicaid' What 60 million not enough already ?

Besides the 'Affordable' Care Act already did that. What a joke.
edit on 11-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

bbracken677

I would also like to add that I believe the whole dem vs repub and repub vs dem thing is orchestrated nonsense to divert our attention and split our displeasure. If anyone thinks that Democrat politicians are for the little guy, you should take a serious hard look at them. After all, at least 6 of the richest 10 congressmen are Dems.

I think I need to beg to differ somewhat.

There is a no difference between Democrats and Republicans that surround Washington DC including the politicians therein.

You will not see these types of Democrats and Republicans that have money to buy politicians carrying a bull horn and poster in hand.

OWS and the Tea Party Protesters hoofing and protesting were hijacked by these same Neofascists.

The same goes for a core group of protesters in Raleigh where they are fighting to end the cronyism and if the media gets involved, they will spin it as DC Democrat against DC Republican.

It is all a sham.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

BlackmarketeerIt is apparently too much to expect our Infotainment industry to cover a huge grass-roots march by ordinary people, asking for ordinary things, in an ordinary way. You see, the “news” media is no longer about news, and hasn’t been since the 1970′s. The Reaganistas deregulated the media , making truth play second fiddle to profits. Second fiddle, Hell, they made truth a friggin’ understudy. Ratings and ad revenue determine what gets played on TeeVee “news” programs these days.

Television wasn't even popping up in every house until the late 40's and until the 60's they only had a few channels. In the 70's it got a little better. Of course in the 80's channels starting taking off... in the Reagan era. A time when the president was a professional actor. Anyways, people love to act like things used to be some utopian dream. There really is no point in the history of this country where things were fair, or a government not seeking to control things. I like listening to the conspiracy rants but when they go into how things used to be so awesome, just lol. I think it's better now, just saying. Even totally ballsout in your face lying non stop, it's still better. We are waking up and media is more powerful than ever. All of the alternative news is popping up and costs almost nothing to launch. It's just a matter of time, unless we fall into disarray and get thrown into some camps. I know it sounds crazy, but really global consciousness is very powerful. Someone smart just has to figure out a way to tap that for a common good. Going on a march and getting tazered and beat with a baton is so 60's.
edit on 11-2-2014 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

I was strictly referring to politicians.

The ones carrying the signs etc are true believers (for the most part) even though they are being deceived.

Ignorance is bliss, and some people are pretty danged happy. Specially those that believe Democrats are for the little guy. Keep dreaming.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

How safe is Tomorrow? The above is something I have never seen on that site before

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

bbracken677

I was strictly referring to politicians.

The ones carrying the signs etc are true believers (for the most part) even though they are being deceived.

Ignorance is bliss, and some people are pretty danged happy. Specially those that believe Democrats are for the little guy. Keep dreaming.

Again. You missed my point Bracken.

THE Washington DC Politicians no matter what they CALL themselves are for they and their cronies.

The ones protesting are deluded in thinking the DC politicians care about them, but they could call themselves a totally different name and create a new party and I would still support their cause in fighting for the common man instead of the top elite that own DC.

Do you get it?

A new party of the people and by the people and for all the people completely isolated from any politicians in DC and their big money handlers could form and I would jump on board.

edit on 11-2-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

BritofTexas

But I thought we had a "Liberal Media"?

We keep being told across these Boards that the "Lame Stream Media" only reports Pro Left and Anti Right wing stories.

Could it really be that this is not the case?

I'm shocked!

It's worse than simple propaganda on the "news". The bad guys have control of the entertainment sector too. When was the last time you heard an antiwar song on the radio? Did you catch what happened to the Dixie Chicks when they hammered the bad guys?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

steamingHow safe is Tomorrow? The above is something I have never seen on that site before

Did I just get spammed by a bot?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I agree.

Pretty much my thoughts, except I wont limit it to DC politicians.

In the previous post I stated that it was all orchestrated. There are no true Dems nor are there true Repubs...they work together to divide the public and divert some attention away from "the govt" by playing politics.

In the meantime, the govt does as it pleases while people are talking politics, can blame it on the other party (whatever it happens to be at the moment).

If a particular law is passed it is because those in power want it to be so. If a policy is enacted, it is because those in power want it enacted. Incredibly simplistic you say? No doubt...to the extreme. But how do the public and media respond? Dems did this, Repubs did that...etc etc. Lets just take the focus off what the govt did.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

juspassinthru

It's worse than simple propaganda on the "news". The bad guys have control of the entertainment sector too. When was the last time you heard an antiwar song on the radio? Did you catch what happened to the Dixie Chicks when they hammered the bad guys?

Personally...I am all for entertainers entertaining and keeping it that way. Most of the time they are not living in the real world anyway and come off either being extremely hypocritical or ignorant.

I want movies from Hollywood and Music from ... Nashville or wherever. I could care less what Bono says, seeing as how he makes millions and does not contribute anything resembling a significant portion of his income towards causes. Same goes for the other millionaires with causes. They donate a couple days and keep their money. whooooo

It's like the actor with 5 suv's in his garage, flying around on a private jet and owns a couple of huge homes telling us we should lower our carbon footprint. A$$hole, why dont you?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

bbracken677

If a particular law is passed it is because those in power want it to be so. If a policy is enacted, it is because those in power want it enacted. Incredibly simplistic you say? No doubt...to the extreme. But how do the public and media respond? Dems did this, Repubs did that...etc etc. Lets just take the focus off what the govt did.

Exactly, as much hoopla as they make about blaming the "otherside" on things like The Patriot Act, NDAA, Glass Steagall, lax Illegal Immigration laws, NAFTA, Obamacare, New Guns Laws and so on, when that "other side" that is belly aching gets in Power:

THEY WILL NOT DO A DAM THING ABOUT IT and even continue with the same AGENDA while continuing to point the finger in order to fool the masses that there are two sides.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
6 Corporations own 99% of the MSM. These protests are held every Monday (Moral Mondays) this particular one was pretty big though, they're usually much smaller.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Thats the whole point!!!!! As far as most people who are not aware of these events,,,,if it wasn't on their favorite news channel, it must not have been important enough to report on. In turn that sets the attitude towards these real patriots as extremists or conspiracy theorists. Why, look at all those idiots protesting!!!, they ought to be ashamed of themselves for stirring up trouble! Don't they know that our government is only trying to protect us? Don't they know that if they don't do what they are told, that the big bad boogey man will get them??
Yes, if the main stream media doesn't report it, it seem as though it never happened. And that is exactly how they get over on so many people. I believe that there should be a day of protest that includes every single American in the united states But that is not likely to happen, and the protests like this one that happened today will likely have little impact. The kings and queens that rule over us now just turn the head of Americans to the olympics, justin bieber, some new gay football player, or the fancy new dorito chips that just came out. How pathetic!!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well its not just the protests. Day after day I search for United Kingdom, or UK Floods, and there is nothing current, 2014. How is it that this horrendous disaster, (that I believe is not natural, but amped up with technology due to the nature of those running the world, their evil natures) does not have any coverage on ATS?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I'm as shocked as anybody that this didn't 'come across our desk' but for a different reason. 100,000 people protesting in NC! These people had to hook up somehow to know to show up. They have Facebook accounts, Twitter, and they call and email their friends and family to share things that matter to them. When they were at this thing, they must have taken pics and posted them. Forget that the news did't cover it, this is the age where we all cover it. How did this thing even stay in a bubble??? It should have been common knowledge, considering the number of people involve, and how many folks THEY know. And if word of it didn't spread immediately, think of all the commuters inconvenienced who would also have shared what was going on!

To me, the bigger question is how did they keep a lid on it!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Hologram?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by slunteri

Slunteri, This is Pretty Creative! Made me Grin in Thought for a bit, because I could see just Exactly how True it is! "Land of the fee home of the slave" That does Hit it Right on the Head. Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I can't blame me not hearing anything about this on the media. I gave Facebook the big Middle Finger & got rid of my account, so there's one source axed for me. I rarely turn on the idiot box news anymore unless it's for local weather, so I can't blame them, either. I get a lot of my online news from right here (ATS) but not as much as I should be taking a gander at. In this case, I haven't paid much attention to it & it's my own fault.

We can certainly point the finger at the media for cherry-picking what they air or don't air, but....man, we gotta own up as readers/viewers. I admit I've been lazy in the news department lately.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

BlackMarketeer Thanx for bringin; this to our attention. I for one did Not hear word about this. But I am not really very surprised. The Main Stream Talkin' Heads are more interested in lettin' us know of All the B.S. out there for the Distractions they Create and get Paid for from The Higher Ups. TV and the MSM are Nonsense if Ya ask me. Thanx for the Share!
Later, Syx.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

new_here

I'm as shocked as anybody that this didn't 'come across our desk' but for a different reason. 100,000 people protesting in NC! These people had to hook up somehow to know to show up. They have Facebook accounts, Twitter, and they call and email their friends and family to share things that matter to them. When they were at this thing, they must have taken pics and posted them. Forget that the news did't cover it, this is the age where we all cover it. How did this thing even stay in a bubble??? It should have been common knowledge, considering the number of people involve, and how many folks THEY know. And if word of it didn't spread immediately, think of all the commuters inconvenienced who would also have shared what was going on!

They didn't keep a lid on it, it was all out in the open - which is part of what makes this so laughable - the media just actively ignored it. 50-100,000 Ukraine protestors, sure we'll show that, they're all commie pinko bastards. 100,000 protestors in the heart of America - hell no, if we do show anything about it in the media, it will be trivial things to mock them over, like the suggestion to bring ID with you when you travel into the state.

We get 24/7 of vapid media goons talking about Bill Clinton's penis (guess someone's ramping up for the election cycle) but nothing on a major turnout protesting how our government is failing on so many levels.

When are Americans going to wake up to the fact that Corporate greed + black money in politics + bought and paid for "elected" officials is just the death of democracy in the USA? The problem isn't new, but it is worse than ever.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join