It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT “News” media? 100,000 people protested on Saturday, and we never heard about it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Our media in the UK is all government controlled to make our allies look good and the rest bad. In the past people use to say "You don't believe all you read in the newspapers do you?" Now its the same by on the tv news. In fact the BBC, is so limited its boring news. I watch RT now which is a great news channel - at least its coming from 'the enemy' so one gets with Sky News also a rough idea of what is going on.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

schuyler
You must be under the impression that 100,000 is some sort of massive protest. We can fit that many people in many football stadiums. According to police estimates, 700,000 turned out for the Seahawks Super Bowl victory parade. Of course that number may have been exaggerated, and so is the 100K number, actually "80,000 to 100,000" estimated by an "NAACP Logistics expert" who, of course, has no reason to exaggerate the figures. This also wasn't exactly a grass-roots protest. As is the usual practice for left wing protests, people were bussed in from elsewhere. These people were recruited.

They also don't seem to know what they are protesting about. To some it is all about "marriage equality," and to others it's "cuts in unemployment," which come from the national, not state level. To others it's "voting rights" because some people feel you ought to show ID to vote. In other words, it's kind of a general b**** march about anything the protestors don't like this week. Last year almost 1,000 protestors were arrested in a similar march. I'm sure it was because they were completely peaceful. And for the record, this isn't "against Republicans. As usual, with Democrats in power they totally mess the place up fiscally, spending money they don't have. The Republicans win based on this corruption and have to clean house, resulting in budget cuts, then it's all the Republicans fault. You can't spend money you don't have, people. Think Detroit. Decades of Democratic control = bankruptcy. It's no accident, no coincidence.

In terms of media coverage there were over a dozen articles and news stories on local TV about the march. No, it didn't go national like the protestors had hoped--largely because it is not of national interest and did not deserve to.
edit on 2/11/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

so you are saying 700 000 turning out for a game is more important or news worthy than 100 000 protesting human rights?...no wonder we are doomed as a species

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am not surprised this just like in my other thread i made here about how the MSM Media haven't reported the Bosnian protests. Concerning the fact that they were the ones cheering for an intervention in Bosnia in the first place.

It seems they dont want to see their own failures.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

HUMBLEONE
I'm watching the Russians (RT) for my news and I still have to pinch myself sometimes. You see I'm a child of the cold war and now I'm watching a hip version of Pravda? WTF? Maybe we were lied to by OUR government or maybe this is all the result of some epic KGB operation? (Oh sorry, FSB)

i too was active/alive in the cold war/ Vietnam war era...

alternative news sources was how the cultural-revolution reported all the social news the MSM (the Media arm of the "Establishment')
Neither Walter Chronkite (TV) nor your local print-media would cover the issues or gatherings De Jur which was endorsed as 'good' by the tight fisted, tyrannical, and anti-hippie/anti-liberal crowd of the Nixon Regime (a fore runner Nazi-esque, Police-State operation called 'the Establishment')..

So the Tyrants have changed. but the tactics are about the same... Nixxon & mayor Daly are replaced by the 0bama's & Holder's of the world and the MSM is still the lap dog for the political machine...bought & paid to report only the 'proper' news & spin all info to the party line

street theatre is out, there are no underground newspapers to hawk for 50 cents...because you will be arrested for accosting predestrians and selling without a vendors license....
like Pogo said... we have met the enemy and they are us

nice reflection on Pravda & the RT of today vs "The American Way Weigh"

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Phage
reply to post by new_here

To me, the bigger question is how did they keep a lid on it!

Hologram?

Haha... or, Hmmm... interesting thought!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

bbracken677
Personally...I am all for entertainers entertaining and keeping it that way. Most of the time they are not living in the real world anyway and come off either being extremely hypocritical or ignorant.

I want movies from Hollywood and Music from ... Nashville or wherever. I could care less what Bono says....

The point is, we are being "molded" from all sides. You can't escape it if you listen to radio or TV.

It may be worse.

A few weeks ago, I read a fictional paperback (New York Times bestseller) about an EMP attack on the US and the effects for the following year (mass death and destruction). In the story, one of the main characters was describing some protesters. He paid particular attention to one individual holding a "Stop Globalism" protest sign. The description penned this individual as a shallow, womanizing, dangerous, anarchist that wanted to tear down society. The rest of the protestors were more-or-less described as harmless (brainless?)

Perhaps the above paragraph can be attributed to simply being a writiers imagination. Perhaps not. As this book is openly associated with a known famous national (pro pentagon) politician, could that passage have been made-to-order by the bad guys? It's a possibility that I would not consider out of the realm of possibility.

I can't help but wonder where the true limits of government programming are.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

I'll remember this bs the next time I see a post from you, bbracken. I hope others will too. I struggle to understand the need to visit a site like this only to blatantly lie, put down those with whom you disagree and - selfishly - get the post off-topic. It reeks of an ego that needs stroking.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

100,000 in North Carolina - no media coverage. 100,000 in Ukraine - massive media coverage (see Ukraine protests: Thousands march through capital) The BBC's David Stern, in Kiev, says the latest action may be bigger than last weekend's demonstration, which attracted 50,000-100,000 supporters.

That's because your mainstream media is totally controlled, and that includes the BBC and CCN, who are the worst by all means. The whole Ukraine pro-EU revolt of neonazis is highly favorable to Western interests, especially those of its mega-bankers. But I'm very puzzled by Jewish reporters like David Stern doing coverage that's supportive to political opposition groups (namely the "Right Sector") that want to eliminate Jews from Ukraine!

RT and Al Jazeera would cover these protests... too bad they're from countries very far away.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There seems to be a melting pot of different complaints, look at the flag in the center of your picture..even the gays were there complaining. lol

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well it's no secret that the media is controlled, however in this case all we missed was a bunch of crybabies demanding more, more, more and even more hand outs from the nanny state machine.

Which is the root of the problem to begin with. Maybe I will care when 1 million people are protesting in support of the United States Constitution. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by Blackmarketeer

Forgive me for no star s&f on this yet, but if there was no media coverage at all, then how did YOU happen to stumble across the news & photos'? Especially of the story & photos of the event in the Ukraine presuming you are American or vice versa?
I have to say both stories & photos' LOOK professionally done..... O.o

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Ssheesh! 100,000 people is not nothing, regardless of the politics of it.

But, the salient point is NOT the specific politics - it's the apparent failure, collusion or complicity of media to control public perception to the benefit of governmental and/or corporate power brokers.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Somewhere between 80 to 100,000 people from 32 states turned out to protest four years of drastic state Republican initiatives in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Saturday.

"80 to 100,000".

probably closer to the 80 people.

maybe the protests were a flop.

and, the picture looks a bit strange.

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

mikeytee
reply to post by bbracken677

I'll remember this bs the next time I see a post from you, bbracken. I hope others will too. I struggle to understand the need to visit a site like this only to blatantly lie, put down those with whom you disagree and - selfishly - get the post off-topic. It reeks of an ego that needs stroking.

Perhaps so...but my curiosity was wondering and oddly enough was proven. I didn't have to divulge my reason for my part of the thread, but if you would prefer a lack of honesty then dang.

It was an experiment, pure and simple. I had noticed in other threads how often people would reply to a post without having, apparently, followed the links provided.

I fail to understand the ego part...but whatever. You are as entitled to your opinion as I am.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by bbracken677

I understand lol! I realized the same when certain people kept at me on things unrelated to the OPTopic. I kept steering back, then I understood.
I do not tend to reply to a post until I've read the OP AND checked all photos', links', videos', diagrams, w/e the OP provides THEN I try to do my own research on it. THEN I reply. Usually. Can't always be done. THEN I read the other replies.
lol! But I was not brave as you to actually try that even though the thought crossed my mind lol!

Kudos' Sir...

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

StormyStars
Text Purplereply to post by bbracken677

I understand lol! I realized the same when certain people kept at me on things unrelated to the OPTopic. I kept steering back, then I understood.
I do not tend to reply to a post until I've read the OP AND checked all photos', links', videos', diagrams, w/e the OP provides THEN I try to do my own research on it. THEN I reply. Usually. Can't always be done. THEN I read the other replies.
lol! But I was not brave as you to actually try that even though the thought crossed my mind lol!

Kudos' Sir...

Thanks! Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back

I am 59 years old, and yet I am still totally clueless why people do things. Example: I want so bad to ask the people that stop a full car length short of the intersection at a light why they do that. My wife thinks I am totally nuts, but it drives me crazy that I do not know or understand why they do that LOL . I have threatened to jump out of the car on more than one occasion to ask...but it would be my luck they would either shoot me or freak out or the light would change at that exact moment

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Let me tell you a story. "Once upon a time in a close galaxy there was a planet called earth. And on earth there were earthlings. 99% of earthlings had become so misguided and turned into suicidal slaves cause they had given up and lost hope in faith of a prospers life of wealth, harmony, health and spiritual ascension. In the end it was just the greedy and powerful who were left to roam the earth alone in the global waste land they had created while those who had suffered were all recarnated on beautiful peaceful planets were every one was compleatly equal in all aspects of life. The End

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

They are protesting the rejection of Medicaid expansion according to the article.

Firstly, having Medicaid is known to be an indirect but actual real cause of death in hospitals, so I'd rather not have it.
Source:
www.nationalreview.com...

Secondly, "Moral Monday" is what they called it because taking other people's money without their permission is "moral" so long as you name is Uncle Sam. As for the rest of us, its stealing is highly immoral. In fact, its among the most universally agreed as immoral actions. So what do I think about the march for immorality? I find it a disappointment in humanity. Republicans are accused of being selfish but clearly advocating taking other people's money without their permission is selfish.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Things like this happen all the time! It is because our society has decided what we are interested in. We would rather follow the daily moves of the Kardashians or watch people do flips on skis than learn about what is truly going on.

I guess there is no hope for our society until we can change what we want to see. The media only responds to public demand, we, those who truly want to be informed, are the minority. The media appeals to those who care more about cars and clothes than the truth...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What do you mean "we"?
Maybe you didn't hear about it. I think that would be more accurate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join