It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Forced Exodus: Christians in the Middle East

November/December 2013
www.worldaffairsjournal.org...

Across the Middle East, it is the same narrative of thousands of Christians fleeing their homelands. Almost half of Iraq’s Christians have left since the 2003 invasion, leaving about four hundred thousand, or scarcely three percent of the current population. Once a majority, Lebanon’s million and a half Christians—most of them Maronite Catholics—now account for thirty-five percent of the population. Tens of thousands of Syrian Christians have fled from cities such as Aleppo, Homs, and Qusayr in the face of Islamist rebels. The traditional Christmas market and lights in Qatana, in southern Syria, are now things of the past under pressure from Islamist militias who want no outward shows of Christian life. In Egypt, members of the Catholic and Orthodox Coptic churches make up about ten percent of the country’s total population of eighty-four million. But tens of thousands of Copts have emigrated over the past two years, particularly since the Muslim Brotherhood candidate Mohamed Morsi was elected president and especially since he was deposed.

Arab Christians complain of Western indifference to the recent assault on Christian communities in the Middle East.

Arab Christians complain of Western indifference to the recent assault on Christian communities in the Middle East. And it is true that there has been little reaction from governments in European capitals, and in Washington it has been the same story. In a commentary on the Coptic Catholic church’s website, Jesuit priest Henri Boulad, director of the Jesuit Cultural Center in Alexandria, called on the West to condemn the Muslim Brotherhood for spreading “terror throughout the population of Egypt,” with “murders, abductions, ransom demands, thefts and rapes.” Instead, the Jesuit wrote, the West is shocked “because the Egyptian army has dared to dislodge the Muslim Brothers. . . . When Egypt decides to react and bring some order to this mess, the West cries out about persecution, injustice, and scandal.”

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

boymonkey74
reply to post by BenReclused

Ah that would be a great day indeed, I don't care Iam an anti theist, we could do it in a couple of generations not through violence just through education....I think it has started so it will happen.

So it is just like you are a missionary?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You do realize that forcing them to defy their religious legislation is an act of war, right? Is that what you want? We should sacrifice our men and women to protect the Christians in a Muslim homeland? That then puts our asses in the fire and invites another attack on our country because we're picking fights over a matter that Muslims have proven they are willing to kill for. Yeah, let's go to war with the Middle East for another 20 years!
edit on 13-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

You do realize that forcing them to defy their religious legislation is an act of war, right? Is that what you want? We should sacrifice our men and women to protect the Christians in a Muslim homeland? That then puts our asses in the fire.

Actually no, I don't want anymore war, never have.

I want a sand pile.

I want to add that the Christian were there before the Muslims so I guess it is their homeland too.

Christianity was not brought into the Middle East so much as brought out of it. Its indigenousness is shown by the fact that, according to tradition, St. Mark the Evangelist brought Christianity to Egypt in the first century, and it was the dominant religion from the fourth century to the sixth, when the Arabs arrived and Islam replaced it. But Christianity remained a strong presence in Egypt, mainly in the form of the Coptic Church.

edit on 102828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

You do realize that forcing them to defy their religious legislation is an act of war, right? Is that what you want? We should sacrifice our men and women to protect the Christians in a Muslim homeland? That then puts our asses in the fire.

Actually no, I don't want anymore war, never have.

I want a sand pile.

I want to add that the Christian were there before the Muslims so I guess it is their homeland too.

The Native Americans were here before us. I don't see you mentioning anything about persecution against Native Americans. And what do you mean you want a sand pile?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

So now you are changing the topic, I have NA blood BTW

My son in law is Sioux and is the biggest Bible thumping redneck you ever met, angry too.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

And what do you mean you want a sand pile?

To bury my head in you nut,
lol

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

So now you are changing the topic, I have NA blood BTW

My son in law is Sioux and is the biggest Bible thumping redneck you ever met, angry too.

Why am I not surprised? I don't care what kind of blood you or your family have. I'm still puzzled about what any of the Middle East's actions against Christianity has to do with the US. I mean, are we their parents or something? Are we legally obligated to solve their problems for them? Are they unwilling to move to another country? Why is it that we have to step in on their behalf, given all the problems it would then create for us, given that our stepping in isn't even the best or only solution?

I'm not making excuses to be apathetic, I'm explaining that gives all the fights we've gotten in over an outside country attempting to forcibly change our ways, it's a little presumptuous to step in over religious conflicts. Like me forcing you to keep a Satanist in your house.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
AfterI and BoyM, why is you main focus Christianity?

peace out

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
AfterI and BoyM, why is you main focus Christianity?

peace out

Have you bothered checking the thread title, which mentions Christianity as the main focal point? I mean, America is in it too, but Christianity is the plaintiff here.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I did not say to step in, I started a topic about Christian persecution, don't worry nothing will be done about it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

I did not say to step in, I started a topic about Christian persecution, don't worry nothing will be done about it.

Then what is your point? You posted a link describing all of these other countries persecuting Christians, then somehow managed to place the blame on America for not getting in their business. I could have sworn complaints have been made about America UNABLE to mind it's own business. Just can't win, can we?

link   

When have I ever suggested that?

I never said that you have. That was a question. Didn't you notice the question mark?

And what do you suggest be done about it? Force a country that is NOT under our authority to change its laws?

Were you suggesting that "Stormdancer" said we should "Force a country that is NOT under our authority to change its laws"? If not, why did you have a problem with my question?

See ya,
Milt

link   

It has been my observation that you mainly are attracted to Christian topics and despise Christianity, and Christians.

Tell me why, on a personal level,

What if I was being persecuted, would you have my back or look the other way?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

It has been my observation that you mainly are attracted to Christian topics and despise Christianity, and Christians.

Tell me why, on a personal level,

What if I was being persecuted, would you have my back or look the other way?

Maybe because you're the loudest religion on the block.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

Then what is your point?

Why not start the topic?

Do you not wish to be informed of world events and the situation that people face, or is it you want it kept hidden?

sand meet head.
edit on 112828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I think not, I think things have changed a lot.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

BenReclused

When have I ever suggested that?

I never said that you have. That was a question. Didn't you notice the question mark?

And what do you suggest be done about it? Force a country that is NOT under our authority to change its laws?

Were you suggesting that "Stormdancer" said we should "Force a country that is NOT under our authority to change its laws"? If not, why did you have a problem with my question?

See ya,
Milt

Because your tone implied that perhaps I had. You weren't exactly vocal in your thought processes. But let's get back on topic, shall we?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

AfterInfinity

Stormdancer777

Then what is your point?

Why not start the topic?

Do you not wish to be informed of world events and the situation that people face, or is it you want it kept hidden?

sand meet head.
edit on 112828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

No no no. My point of contention here is that you blame America for not taking action against other countries. Why is it our fault? Why is it our responsibility? America wasn't on that list you posted in the OP. And why Christianity specifically? Why not any of the other people, cultures, ethnicities, political groups, or lifestyles they persecute? Why are you singling Christianity out for protection?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Because your tone implied that perhaps I had.

My "tone" was no different than yours was.

You weren't exactly vocal in your thought processes.

That's because, unlike you, I don't use questions to convey ideas.

But let's get back on topic, shall we?

If you would quit deflecting, we wouldn't need to worry about that.

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join