It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I have started topics on others, or commented on others and how they are persecuted, I get the same grief.

Someone chastises me for it.

This is ATS,
Atheism Trumps Spirituality
edit on 112828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Maybe because you're the loudest religion on the block.

If atheism was considered a religion, that wouldn't be true.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

BenReclused

Maybe because you're the loudest religion on the block.

If atheism was considered a religion, that wouldn't be true.

See ya,
Milt

If politics were considered a religion, it wouldn't be either.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Iam an anti theist, we could do it in a couple of generations not through violence just through education

If so, why do you, personally, resort to ridicule and intimidation, and many others resort to violence?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

We should sacrifice our men and women to protect the Christians in a Muslim homeland? That then puts our asses in the fire and invites another attack on our country because we're picking fights over a matter that Muslims have proven they are willing to kill for. Yeah, let's go to war with the Middle East for another 20 years!

Who suggested that?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Syrian Christians turning to Russia for protection
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israel’s black gold shifts the balance of power,The Middle East’s power map is being redrawn.

Putin to arrange for joint military exercises with Egypt:

State Department issues $10 million reward for enemies of Islam

The Chilling History of How Hollywood Helped Hitler

Christianity Made Russia Great World Power – Putin

How Vladimir Putin helped resurrect the Russian Orthodox Church
www.theglobeandmail.com...

Former Spy Chief Reveals Secret Strategy for Undermining Freedom

“Martyred in the USSR,”

The staggering death toll of Christians alone, estimates the documentary, “Martyred in the USSR,” is 12 million.

By the 1960s, a fourth Soviet anti-religious campaign was under way, and half of the Russian Orthodox Christian churches were closed, along with five of the eight seminaries.

Several other Christian denominations were devastated, including the Baptist Church, Methodist Church, Evangelical Christian Church and the Evangelical Lutheran Church.

The League of Militant Atheists, founded in 1929, aided the Soviet government in murdering clergy and devout believers, the documentary’s promoters note.

Along with the martyrdom of an estimated 12 million Christians, millions of Muslims and Buddhists also were killed because of their faith.

Read more at www.wnd.com...

Obama tells US media to ‘behave,’ meanwhile millions protest in Egypt.

Who is really in charge?
edit on 122828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 122828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't think that has worked.

Perhaps not, but if our support was contingent upon protection of minorities, I feel it would be a huge step in the proper direction.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't think that has worked.

Perhaps not, but if our support was contingent upon protection of minorities, I feel it would be a huge step in the proper direction.

See ya,
Milt

When I take into consideration the enormous human toll that was taken in Russia, I am not hopeful.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm still puzzled about what any of the Middle East's actions against Christianity has to do with the US.

That's because you didn't bother to read the OP. The OP, VERY CLEARLY, suggests that the increased violence against Christians, in the Middle East , IS DUE TO THE ACTIONS OF THE UNITED STATES.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Putin backs Sisi's 'run' for Egyptian presidency

news.yahoo.com...

Stay tuned.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Have you bothered checking the thread title, which mentions Christianity as the main focal point? I mean, America is in it too, but Christianity is the plaintiff here.

Nonsense! The title, only, addresses the crime (Facilitation of "Christian Persecution"), and the defendant ("The United States"). There is no plaintiff mentioned.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You posted a link describing all of these other countries persecuting Christians, then somehow managed to place the blame on America for not getting in their business.

You've got that backwards! The OP's suggestion is:
The US might be the blame BECAUSE of our "getting in their business".

I could have sworn complaints have been made about America UNABLE to mind it's own business.

If you weren't so blinded by your hatred of Christianity, you might see that the OP is, also, about America being "UNABLE to mind it's own business".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

BenReclused

Have you bothered checking the thread title, which mentions Christianity as the main focal point? I mean, America is in it too, but Christianity is the plaintiff here.

Nonsense! The title, only, addresses the crime (Facilitation of "Christian Persecution"), and the defendant ("The United States"). There is no plaintiff mentioned.

See ya,
Milt

A Christian is complaining about Christian persecution. Therefore, I'm using the term "plaintiff" because a case has been made in accusation. And I'm done with this back-and-forth between you and I. It's boring and pointless.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Religion deserves ridicule...not sure how I intimidate over the net though.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

BenReclused

You posted a link describing all of these other countries persecuting Christians, then somehow managed to place the blame on America for not getting in their business.

You've got that backwards! The OP's suggestion is:
The US might be the blame BECAUSE of our "getting in their business".

I could have sworn complaints have been made about America UNABLE to mind it's own business.

If you weren't so blinded by your hatred of Christianity, you might see that the OP is, also, about America being "UNABLE to mind it's own business".

See ya,
Milt

I don't hate Christianity. I would be hard pressed to say I hate anything, really. Hate is an ugly emotion to have, precisely because of what you just described. I still don't see how America is responsible for any religious persecution in the Middle East. They've been having those problems for longer than we've been a country. By the way, this isn't about me, so you can stop your snide jabs.
edit on 13-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

You may claim your post doesn't contain any bigotry, I on the other hand will continue to contest that.

By your inane logic I can claim that things like police beatings and general misbehavior doesn't occur due to the police force being a minority whereas the American (civilian) populace is in the majority. The same for American government, the NSA? Nah, can't be happening due to the fact that they're a minority and we all know by your logic that a majority cannot be persecuted or treated ill.

My point is, you fail to realize that a majority does not equal freedom from oppression and persecution.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Unlike theism and atheism, God isn't the primary concern of politics.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

BenReclused

Unlike theism and atheism, God isn't the primary concern of politics.

See ya,
Milt

Whatever. Do you have a point to make here or what?

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Auricom

You may claim your post doesn't contain any bigotry, I on the other hand will continue to contest that.

By your inane logic I can claim that things like police beatings and general misbehavior doesn't occur due to the police force being a minority whereas the American (civilian) populace is in the majority. The same for American government, the NSA? Nah, can't be happening due to the fact that they're a minority and we all know by your logic that a majority cannot be persecuted or treated ill.

My point is, you fail to realize that a majority does not equal freedom from oppression and persecution.

So what is the point of this thread? In twenty words or less, what is the bottom line here? I see a lot of poo-throwing and fingers being leveled at various parties, but I don't see any actual conflict being explored other than someone venting their frustration that their fellow Christians are now experiencing the same trials we've all endured since the birth of man. Someone is being persecuted. Someone will ALWAYS be persecuted. What do you want? War? Protests? An intervention? A sympathetic ear? What exactly are we trying to do here?
edit on 13-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

A Christian is complaining about Christian persecution. Therefore, I'm using the term "plaintiff" because a case has been made in accusation.

Though that may be true, the "plaintiff" wasn't mentioned in the title.

And I'm done with this back-and-forth between you and I. It's boring and pointless.

If you feel that I care, you are mistaken.

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join