It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Okay. You're right.

Hell, I've known that, all along. I only wonder why it took you so long to "get it".

You win. What do you want, a cookie?

There's no need to be bitter. If you learned something about your self, you won too.

You act like it's a big deal.

Well, I DO feel that correcting misconceptions is, indeed, a "big deal".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Grimpachi
Right, the US a predominantly Christian nation went to war with or funded regimes in those countries just to kill Christians.
Actually, I think that's a reasonable assessment. We're in a nation of very selfish people; how hard would it be to claim Christianity without showing anything but the selfishness that we're called to give up? What better "fruit" of our "true identity" then we go after killing our own kind because they're not in our lands.

Most simply, Christianity is NOT under one big umbrella of brotherhood.

After all, it's quite clear that the 2 main paths in Islam are out to get one other, why shouldn't Christians be out to kill Christians? (Or more accurately, to ingratiate themselves with the dominant religion of said countries in order to have better financial ties with said people?)

And heck, how many people CLEARLY came in to pervert any given faith out there? Seriously, we need to get to the point of checking credentials on some people for what they claim to be. That's like blaming the hippies for Helter Skelter (which the History Channel did do, btw).

And I guess you wrote that with a strait face. The persecution complex with Christians is strong but to make that connection is beyond rational.
Actually, if you think that Christians are the ones doing the "persecution", it would be reasonable for them to see "persecution" where there is none--as well as being able to see real persecutions. (After all, don't cheaters accuse people of cheating quite frequently?)

Then we'd wind up having to sit there and sift through which ones are "boy crying wolf" and which ones are "the big bad wolf".

They rank 3rd, 4th, and 13th in other words one has the bronze and the others aren't even contenders.
Hrm, the only thing you've stated that has some merit. That being said, if any of the others on that list are in the Middle East, in Africa, or South America, the USA or the British have been causing such havoc with them, that I bet we could link in pretty much every single country to USA or UK Chrisitan instigation-in ultimately being the cause of our own persecution. (Damn shame.) But that's the nature of selfish nations. No doubt that the US is the world's bully, at times.

How many muslims or Indians for that matter (because they looked muslim to some morons were beaten and persecuted in the US after 911 in a supposed free country?
Dig up the stats, make a thread. It was only a hand full of years after 9/11 that the UK has most violent persecutions being ON Christians FROM Muslims. (And no, I don't remember the stats on the USA from the same time period.)

Maybe the Hijackers were just trying to get those groups killed in the U.S. NAh that sounds dumb right.
Actally, THAT claim's already been made. By the terrorist groups themselves. Frequently.

Now, that being said, nothing warranted going after innocents on our soil.
edit on 11-2-2014 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

signalfireI won't believe christians are god fearing or god loving or following christ until they utterly refuse to go to war or support war in any form. Maybe then the backlash won't be quite so dreadful, y'think?

This is the only thing I can quibble about, here. Most wars are NOT worth fighting. In fact, the only one that's had ANY merit in recent history was WWII--and that's only because we got involved with WWI.

Put it this way: Bible says I must turn MY cheek, not that I should force my children to turn theirs--or my neighbour, or even my enemy. It's a very limited thing, really.

The Bible also states that one who doesn't take care of his own is worse than an Atheist. Literally, we're better off not believing that God exists than to not take care of our own.

It leaves Christianity with the only viable wars being in defence of life--and not even my own life. These "pre-emptive wars" are killing us.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
John McCain ( hahah CAIN!) was seen not so long ago hob nobbing with the US funded alCIAduh that are slaughtering christians in the mid east...which makes Israel insanly happy It appears...

but don't blame the US as such...
after all the wars BETWEEN christians ( european history is what it is) christians don't need any help persecuting christians

edit on 11-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2014 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ha, I hear about Obama's Muslim Brotherhood ties almost every day on Walton&Johson (Independent shock-jocks who are mostly interested in mindless stupidity, though they will go political). Last thing I heard, they were meeting together in the White House. So did not care that I didn't go look this one up, much.

Google titles were things like:

Egypt has documents indicating Obama is part of the Muslim ... Egyptian Official ties Obama's Brother to Brotherhood | Walid ... President Obama Is a Secret Muslim Brotherhood Member Obama's shocking ties to the Muslim Brotherhood – Glenn Beck Obama's Ties To The Muslim Brotherhood Muslim Brotherhood Linked to Malik Obama and Obama Admin. Obama's Muslim Brotherhood Ties | Human Events Obama's brother linked to Muslim Brotherhood Obama's Family Ties to The Muslim Brotherhood - YouTube

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
just to reference my previous post

John McCain identifies himself a Christian but what we have and have not heard from John McCain about his Christian beliefs raises some questions.

www.godvoter.org...
( GOD voter .com )lol

Senator John McCain, Foreign Relations “Adviser” to Al Qaeda Death Squads in Syria...

www.globalresearch.ca...

While U.S. leaders continue pushing for war against the Syrian government, today “Al-Qaeda-linked rebels,”reports AP, “launched an assault on a regime-held Christian mountain village in the densely populated west of Syria and new clashes erupted near the capital, Damascus, on Wednesday… In the attack on the village of Maaloula, rebels commandeered a mountaintop hotel and nearby caves and shelled the community below, said a nun, speaking by phone from a convent in the village. She spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals.”

www.frontpagemag.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

I don't feel like I learned anything from that because I don't feel there was a point to that little exchange. Like I was supposed to question something? Not sure what though.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I'm gonna have to disagree with the OP on this one. My great USA is supposed to have separation of church and state and it's far from it. So no I don't think it's facilitating the persecution of Christians.

I'm not a fan of any religion and just wish it would die off. Although if I did have to choose I would probably be a Mason

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
All I see are a bunch of people who judge by appearances of the trees rather than by the fruit from such trees. Not only that, the fruit of good trees is relabeled as evil and the fruit of bad trees is labelled as good. As such, we get people constantly repeating that Christians persecuted others in the middle and dark ages and so called Christians like Obama and Cain bomb the crap out of others today. Then we get others worshipping a Pope as a 'good guy' that speaks the words of bloody oath Jesuits

We are overcome by those who enticed us to reject the gospel of Christ and God. Through our sheer ignorance they have 1) many looking at appearances and concluding that the appearance is truthful and 2) some attempting to judge fruit yet not knowing what is good fruit. As such, the men of yesterday slip right in unnoticed by simply saying "I am Christian" and by producing fruit which clearly demonstrates that their father, is in fact, the devil.

Concluding that a Christian is able to drop a bomb on people or saw people in two is just tantamount to the sheer blindness and wilful ignorance that has invaded the western nations. The error then grows when such a conclusion is then used in arguments to justify the slaughter of others.

We were all warned. Did we heed it? The vast majority have not. The descendants of Christian forefathers are now firmly in the devil's armies, doing the bidding of the thief which only ever comes to steal, to kill and destroy. How is it that we do not know the times? How do we not see that our western civilisations are madly rushing back to the days which the first Christians stood up against? That Christ in them freed our women from lives of second class citizenry and temple prostitution all around the world, freed the young boys from pederasty and adults males who preyed upon them...and yet it's all coming right back in and the people aren't batting an eye. What was in the hearts of the spectators who sat down and watched people fed to lions as entertainment...bloodlust...and yet the people on here cannot see it. Perhaps the same thing has enveloped their hearts too as they watch country after country which has been invaded by the west given into the hands of Islamic factions which turn around and slaughter other groups. Perhaps their hearts already signify that they have already been converted to Islam themselves, yet because they identify by another label, they cannot detect it. Did not one official in our government not long ago say that the USA is an Islamic nation? I'd say that that was very telling, more so than you can imagine. By their fruits you shall know them.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Year1

And across the ocean, Islamic worshipers are saying the same things about us. How did it feel to speak the same sentiments as the Muslims you speak so lowly of? And you wonder why they say those things about you. Actually, you don't wonder. You just assume they are in the devil's army. The same assumption they make about you.
edit on 12-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
In the shadows a terror grows,
All four corners a dark wind blows,
Near and far
They're torn apart,
Christ's body a war upon,
The Light within almost gone,
The Great Eagle, the wicked city,
Spread its filth with no pity,
Wars and strife abound,
A putrid legacy be crowned,
Lies and deceit be its glory,
And a dismal fate to its story...

I'm not a poet, but that's my thoughts.

edit on 12-2-2014 by JackSparrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

JackSparrow17
Near and far
They're torn apart,
Wars and strife abound,

You're not a poet, but you're pretty darn good at it.
And if I were to liken you to a pit, I'd say it's sublime to no limit.
edit on 12-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
the reason evry different religious bent claims every other religious bent is bent
is simply stupidity falling for manipulation...

if everyone believed they responsibly paid for their own sins instead of being saved by some mythical being who takes responsiblity for them

none of this sick hateful **** would happen at all

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

CynicalDrivel
reply to post by Danbones

Ha, I hear about Obama's Muslim Brotherhood ties almost every day on Walton&Johson (Independent shock-jocks who are mostly interested in mindless stupidity, though they will go political). Last thing I heard, they were meeting together in the White House. So did not care that I didn't go look this one up, much.

Google titles were things like:

Egypt has documents indicating Obama is part of the Muslim ... Egyptian Official ties Obama's Brother to Brotherhood | Walid ... President Obama Is a Secret Muslim Brotherhood Member Obama's shocking ties to the Muslim Brotherhood – Glenn Beck Obama's Ties To The Muslim Brotherhood Muslim Brotherhood Linked to Malik Obama and Obama Admin. Obama's Muslim Brotherhood Ties | Human Events Obama's brother linked to Muslim Brotherhood Obama's Family Ties to The Muslim Brotherhood - YouTube

If you want to see ties to the Muslim Brotherhood look no further than Bush. He had more connections with them than Obama ever has.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I don't feel like I learned anything from that because I don't feel there was a point to that little exchange.

If that's true, it only indicates that reality is beyond your grasp. Perhaps it is...

Like I was supposed to question something? Not sure what though.

You should have questioned the same thing that I did: Your blind faith in yourself.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

The only faith I have is in the scientists who aid us in investigating this reality, the ones who don't depend on faith.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
U.S. House Committee Holds Hearing on Persecution of Christians Worldwide

www.aina.org...

U.S. "Chose to Stay Silent" on Muslim Persecution of Christians: November 2013
www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

A Christian college professor in India was finally acquitted of all blasphemy charges, although is still missing an arm -- cut off by a group of men, following accusations that some of his exams contained offensive questions about Islam's prophet Muhammad.

According to the founder of the Maspero Union, an activist movement in Egypt, targeting Christians in the context of seizing their money and their property is seen "as a religious duty."

So this man has his arm cut off, and we dare sit here and criticize him?

It may be him now, and you later.

In November, the wife of American Pastor Saeed Abedini, who has been imprisoned in Iran for over a year for practicing Christianity, said she and her family were devastated after learning that the Obama administration did not even try to secure the release of her husband as part of the newly signed deal on Iran's nuclear program.

"The talks over Iran's nuclear program were seen by his [Abedini's] family and those representing them as one of the most promising avenues yet for securing his release," said Fox News. "But the White House confirmed over the weekend that Abedini's status was not on the table during those talks."

Some of you may not have any compassion for us whiny spoiled Christian in the west, but these people in third world countries are seriously suffering.

Central African Republic: At least 450,000 Christians have fled their homes
Please read the links

"When Satan fell to earth, he fell in Kabul."
crossmap.christianpost.com...
edi t on 112828p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Wow this is a HUGE leap so that Christians can continue their "we are SO persecuted" pass time. Correlation does not equal causation. Just because Christian persecution rose in countries that we've destabilized, doesn't mean that there is a sinister force here at home causing it. Keep in mind that all these countries were destabilized, meaning a power vacuum, meaning craziness and fundamentalists will fill that gap. I noticed that the article failed to mention the rise in Muslim persecution as well, but I guess that goes against the whole "Christians are persecuted" tripe.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

JackSparrow17
Near and far
They're torn apart,
Wars and strife abound,

amazing poem, reminded me of this

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

There were leaders, as horrible as they were, that were keeping them somewhat under control, Egypt had the sense to oust the brotherhood, they saw what was happening,

It isn't a coincidence.
edit on 112828p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join