It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States Is the Chief Facilitator of Christian Persecution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Persecute:
to treat (someone) cruelly or unfairly especially because of race or religious or political beliefs

Anti-theists, such as yourself, are just as guilty of that, as anyone else is. Perhaps, you should follow your own advice:
Try defending their right to seek meaning in that which they value, and they might return the favor.

See ya,
Milt

I'm not anti-theist. I don't hate or despise or disdain theists. I disapprove of utilizing theism as anything more than a personal philosophy. I also enjoy presenting myself as a willing brick wall off of which they can bounce ideas derived from said philosophy. And yes, I do defend their right to have those opinions. I have done so, on more than one occasion. As a matter of fact, I did so today - just not on these forums.

Thank you for your concern.
edit on 11-2-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 11-2-2014 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I'm not anti-theist.

Nonsense! The following describes your attitude, and opposition, toward religion, and God, perfectly:

Anti-theists are not passive atheists; they delight in atheism and delight in exposing the errors, absurdities, and pretensions of theists. Anti-theists consider all gods to be false gods and any benefits from belief in gods to be far outweighed by the harm done by such beliefs to the individual and to society.

This part of your response, even, confirms my assertion:

I disapprove of utilizing theism as anything more than a personal philosophy. I also enjoy presenting myself as a willing brick wall off of which they can bounce ideas derived from said philosophy.

And yes, I do defend their right to have those opinions. I have done so, on more than one occasion.

Really? I'd like to see a couple of those "defenses". Would you care to provide a link, or two? I've not been able to find any of them.

Thank you for your concern.

You are, very, welcome!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 909America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-11T14:49:18-06:00Tuesday00000018America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The main enemies of Christians have been the same since the birth of Christ.
'They have achieved control of the World in the past 200 years.
And most Christians fail to understand those two facts.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Hmm. I would argue with that using this selection:

The lack of a god, to me, is about as evident and convenient and inspiring as gravity.

To me, atheism is an understanding, not a celebration. I do not find atheism, nor any body of evidence found to be in support of such, a cause for revelry as a result of being atheistic or in support of such. I have brown hair - should I thus find everything which features brown hair to be worthy of applause and adoration? I think not. As such, while I may attempt to disillusion those who believe they have found conclusive evidence or persuasive argument by which to soundly put their theistic case to bed, I don't take delight in it. I take delight in the explorative processes by which all concerned parties walk away educated. If I learn something, I'm pleased. If I teach something, I'm pleased.

And no, I don't have any links to give you right off hand. One, it's off topic. Two, I'm not that conceited. I don't give myself pats on the back and record the concerned post as a memorandum of accomplishment.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't see a problem here. If a Christian chooses to advertise his Christianity in an area that is vehemently against Christianity, then he deserves everything that he gets. If you're a Christian and you're living in a city/country that is known to have an anti-Christian atmosphere, then you've made a decision, by choosing to stay there, to accept whatever persecution comes your way.

The same dilemma could be applied to a devout Jew who is preaching at a Neo Nazi gathering. The Jew has every right to do so, but common sense suggests that he would be safer if he didn't. Should this hypothetical Jew choose to ignore said warning, then he has no one to blame but himself for what befalls him.

If you want to practice your religion openly, freely, and without death-threats, then the solution is simple: leave. Go somewhere else. The world is HUGE, and there are innumerable areas where Christianity is respected, and even encouraged. Nothing is forcing you to stay in the one part of the world that openly discriminates against Christians.

Come to America, where, despite the claims of right-wing Conservatives, you are free to be a Christian without getting murdered for it. Go to South Korea, where Christianity is extremely popular. Or Spain, Mexico, or some other Catholic area (if that's your denomination), Ireland, the UK, etc. (if you're another). There's plenty of options available to you.

The real problem is that Christians like being persecuted. They have this sick psychological fantasy where, the more someone disagrees with them, and the more violence is leveled against them, the more "holy" and correct they are. Is it any wonder, really, that the religion which gets a hard-on from being discriminated against, would find themselves persecuted more and more?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Christians LOVE being persecuted. They love martyrs. After all, their primary symbol is that of a guy being tortured and crucified. Being persecuted allows Christians to haul out that old (poor) argument, "If people are so violently opposed to us, we must be onto something."

Really weird and twisted psychology going on there.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is a problem with this line of reasoning. Let me illustrate ...

I don't see a problem here. If an African-American chooses to advertise his ethnicity in an area that is vehemently against [African-Americans, then he deserves everything that he gets.

Don't like that one? Well let's try this one for something closer to fit ...

I don't see a problem here. If a homosexual chooses to advertise his homosexuality in an area that is vehemently against homosexuality, then he deserves everything that he gets.

You can see maybe why your thoughts expose you? Aim them at any one of the big victim classes in American society and you would likely not have written what you just wrote.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

WE are not talking about American society. Are we?

I thought this was about nations. Places that are not republics. Places where religion rules.

The US is neither a Theocracy nor is it a Ecclesiocracy

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
nvm

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I don't see a problem here. If an African-American chooses to advertise his ethnicity in an area that is vehemently against [African-Americans, then he deserves everything that he gets.

I don't see a problem here. If a homosexual chooses to advertise his homosexuality in an area that is vehemently against homosexuality, then he deserves everything that he gets.

The fault with your examples is this: ethnicity is not religion.

Religion is a choice. You choose to be a Christian, to believe in Jesus, to have faith in God. You choose to advertise that you are a Christian.

You do not choose to be an African-American, any more than you choose to be a homosexual. You are born an African-American, or a homosexual.

There in lies the difference.

None-the-less, my response remains the same. An African-American has every right to go and visit a KKK gathering, but command sense would suggest he do otherwise.

A homosexual has every right to go visit an anti-homosexual gathering, but common sense still suggests he do otherwise.

A Christian has every right to live in a country unfriendly towards Christians, but common sense suggests he do otherwise.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

To me, atheism is an understanding, not a celebration.

No! It, truly, isn't! But, I do agree that, it's nothing celebrate.

I do not find atheism, nor any body of evidence found to be in support of such, a cause for revelry as a result of being atheistic or in support of such.

I don't either. That's because there, truly, isn't anything to be found within "a disbelief in the existence of deity" (ATHEISM).

I have brown hair - should I thus find everything which features brown hair to be worthy of applause and adoration? I think not.

Well, I wouldn't think so, but I wouldn't try to stop you from doing so, either.

I may attempt to disillusion those who believe they have found conclusive evidence or persuasive argument by which to soundly put their theistic case to bed, I don't take delight in it.

It doesn't matter if you "take delight in it", or not, that's still "anti-theism":

Anti-theism is active and vocal opposition to belief in gods of any sort and to institutions built around belief in a deity.

And no, I don't have any links to give you right off hand.

That's okay... I didn't expect any...

See ya,
Milt

edit on 014America/Chicago2RAmerica/Chicago2014-02-11T17:20:13-06:00Tuesday00000013America/Chicago by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I smell small man syndrome coming from righteous people, you made the bed, now you dont want to sleep in it.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Christians, if you're so concerned about being persecuted, then maybe you should stand up for some of the people you've been persecuting on ATS. Muslims, Wiccans, Communists, Taoists, Buddhists, Greek Pantheists, etc. You call them heathens, blasphemers, idolaters and devil worshippers. Try defending their right to seek meaning in that which they value, and they might return the favor. Then when it's your turn to face the sword, they'll remember your compassion and stand at your side.

And consider this as well: how many of these supposed "religious wars" are fought, not for the sake of some god, but for the sake of resources that might be garnered through the expansion of command and influence? "My god gives me good reason to conquer this land which just so happens to possess a certain material resource which would bring great business opportunities to my empire." After all, what god would demand that his most faithful followers fight in his name while malnourished and unsheltered? He will provide, and he has done, even so far as delivering heathens to your doorstep as willing couriers of exactly the supplies you need more of. Oh, and by the way, kill the messengers. They are blasphemers.

Well, real Christians wont persecute anyone (where ever they are).
Imo Christianity isnt the bad guy here. The bad guy is he/she who uses Christianity to suit their own desires.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Okay. You're right. You win. What do you want, a cookie? You act like it's a big deal.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Hmm. I would argue with that using this selection:

The lack of a god, to me, is about as evident and convenient and inspiring as gravity.

To me, atheism is an understanding, not a celebration. I do not find atheism, nor any body of evidence found to be in support of such, a cause for revelry as a result of being atheistic or in support of such. I have brown hair - should I thus find everything which features brown hair to be worthy of applause and adoration? I think not. As such, while I may attempt to disillusion those who believe they have found conclusive evidence or persuasive argument by which to soundly put their theistic case to bed, I don't take delight in it. I take delight in the explorative processes by which all concerned parties walk away educated. If I learn something, I'm pleased. If I teach something, I'm pleased.

And no, I don't have any links to give you right off hand. One, it's off topic. Two, I'm not that conceited. I don't give myself pats on the back and record the concerned post as a memorandum of accomplishment.

Oh . . . . really . . . . .

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

AfterInfinity

I have both furthered the cause and preserved my integrity in the process. I inadvertently converted a Catholic to atheism. You may bow now.

Whaaaaat?
Are you sure you don't fit the definition of anti-theist?
Telling others to bow to you is the same thing as a celebration.

-FBB

People really are putting forth a demonstration of their compassion in this thread.

I just read a post in another thread where a member was calling for all religious people to be eliminated as a show of faith. I sure hope that current viewers of this thread remember the statements made by certain members in this thread later when they start crying persecution.

Lately ATS has really seemed to have had a real influx ignorance.
edit on 11-2-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

And yet I never see you on any Christian threads defending the honor and integrity of us heathens. I come here to have some good honest discussions because you can't ask the questions I do without getting punched in the face. You want to talk about persecution?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

And yet I never see you on any Christian threads defending the honor and integrity of us heathens. I come here to have some good honest discussions because you can't ask the questions I do without getting punched in the face. You want to talk about persecution?

Sorry, I don't see many threads where people are cheering the murder and persecution of "heathens" . . . how about you go take a look at the pictures of the corpses of your fellow humans and try to hold on to your self righteous attitude.

I come here to have some good honest discussions because you can't ask the questions I do without getting punched in the face.

Touch a nerve there big guy?

I ask for evidence and I do not defend sick f%^&(s.

-FBB

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Did you ever look at those biology textbooks like I asked you to? And what sick people am I defending? Sounds like you've got a lot of beef with me.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Did you ever look at those biology textbooks like I asked you to?

You didn't ask . . . also you never specified any text in particular.
Sooooo no, I am busy studying circuit theory, core logic, signal processing, and thermo because I actually want to earn my FE certification soon.

And what sick people am I defending?

Ummm maybe these people?

West media ignore massacre of Christians in Syria
www.presstv.com...

Syrian rebels kill 11, mainly Christians, in checkpoint attack
www.nbcnews.com...

I think this picture pretty much covers it.

I agree I think that pretty much covers that . . .

Sounds like you've got a lot of beef with me.

No, I just saw your post and the image you presented of yourself didn't really mesh with your post history as I recalled.

-FBB

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join